💥 Portals & Loot

I’d love to see the rewards for portals improved but would also like them to have more meaning within the game world…Portals should act similar to how territory control influence works with Wars. As long as a portal is up, it is slowly increasing an influence meter…when that hits 100%, an invasion is scheduled. Players can delay the invasion by closing portals which acts as a counter-push on the influence meter. To prevent the ability to completely prevent invasions, the counter-push influence can slowly degrade with time.

3 Likes

Portals should give equipment against corruption, to be able to eliminate higher level portals in the future. And with the dungeons something similar should happen, to be able to mutate each time with a higher level.

3 Likes

Easy, Corrupted Ward/Bane gear.
With some cool-looking skins.

3 Likes

And corruption resistance. BiS gear for closing portals obtained by closing portals.

2 Likes

Yup and some more gold. The gold should be significantly increased if you solo close the portal!

Kudos my man, been a while since I’ve seen someone from the team actively asking questions. Good work

And since you’ve asked I feel like Corrupted in general should have more influence over whats going down on the map. They are after all a major part of NW lore but outside of portals and invasions they are no different than Angry Earths or Ancients. Its just more of the same. We need more unique events with them, new types of enemies and mechanics alongside it topped with unique, corrupted themed gear for participation in them.

2 Likes

Just an idea/thought…what about like most games do, if you go to run solo portal for dailies or just cause, you get the crap gear BUT if in a group up to four (almost like a dungeon run) the loot gets better with more in the group…

SOLO: Green crap gear (because hello, if you’re soloing a portal, you should only get crap gear)

2 plyrs: Green gear with a minor chance for blue
3 plyrs: Blue gear with a minor chance for purple
4 plyrs: Purple gear with a SMALL chance for legendary. ( I think a small chance for top gear shouldn’t be handed out easily, hence the small chance)

Now when I play, I was/am and prolly always be a solo player so as a solo player exclusive, I offer my thoughts and ideas on a better way of loot drops but not make it seem like NW or AGS isn’t just giving away gear. This way players can still solo portals but will get crap gear in return, so it’s not striping solo play but it is encouraging others to group up in the world, not be flagged and just go

It should be the other way around, going alone is more difficult than accompanied, this is not an instanced content to adjust the difficulty.

2 Likes

I would like to see scaling gear and weapon drops. Nothing that drops is better than what I have currently equipped.

If you’re going to solo a portal, 90% of the time it’s level 25-35 range portals which is easy to solo so make purple gear for easy portal runs? Now, if you can solo level 45-55 portals, gear shouldn’t be any problem to begin with. At least in my idea it offers better loot chances but I’ll even take it a step further reading your response because I actually sorta agree with you and here’s how…any portals for max level players under level 45 portals should only get greens period. When grouped up even but if you can solo a level 45 portal then you should get blue gear for sure w/ a small chance for purples. But as far as the rest of my earlier statement, keep it along with my idea here.

This isn’t OPR, it’s not a dungeon crawl, it’s not pvp (unless you want to pvp then that’s on you) so we shouldn’t get great gear solo and shouldn’t get creme de la creme gear in grouping up either, not for portal runs but that’s only my thought.

Whatever is said here or on any post for that matter, NW/AGS will do as they wish, not so much what a shit ton list of players want, this has been made clear multiple times and still does as far as I know of, today is no different, regretfully

New named items(Only portal)

Or more gold

nowhere did i say that

Those portals are easy, the one at lvl 65 is when it just gets complex. More than the quality of the equipment of the portals, I go for the perks of these, they have to be perks related to the portals, in order to break them. The one of lvl 25, if you do it many times, it should give you equipment to be able to break one of lvl 35 and so on.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh okay, I see where you’re coming from now. I thought you were trying to get gear not perks (similar but different but I understand now) and there’s where I was like "nooooo you get good gear in dungeons, portals shouldn’t net you higher gear.

So this is more of a misunderstanding on MY part, which I’m sorry, my apologies, when I’m wrong, I man up and I was/am wrong

1 Like

The same thing should happen with the dungeons, especially with the mutated ones.

2 Likes

Now that I have full understanding, I will not disagree and in fact, agree with you

2 Likes

In fact, there should even be some ranking system of who breaks portals the fastest, it would make it much more attractive. Or that the number of open portables affects in some way that there are invasions or not.

2 Likes

RB had some awesome gear and it was only luck based on finding him or not, or understanding his spawn mechanics.

There’s no other way to get some of the sweet sweet items RB dropped, yet it was easier to do than any mutated.

i still think high lvl portals should be an open world domination event with the old RB drops on the loot chests, but make the portals with some counter-to-spawn on X area, not exactly where, so you will get that much wanted open world pvp. I haven’t thought of a PvE option to this, game needs to cater to all audiences, but that’s the general idea.

1 Like

They really need a loot increase because the upper levels are rather hard to do and really aren’t worth doing. Used to be necessary to make expedition keys, but now that is gone and the new use for the corrupted stones is kinda of meh. More gold is a certainty, but I think it would be best to make this kind of its own “special” activity. Turn the loot toward gear that specifically helps with corrupted and new perks that specifically help with breaches. Overall, I think breaches do now need a better reason to be closed. It’s a PVE area that needs some thoughtful attention. But in the short term, just more loot and gold, especially for the high levels, but also for the level 45 and 55 ones. Those are “soloable” if you know what you’re doing, but they give such astoundingly crap loot (even the greater ones) that they are ONLY worth it for the stones (they don’t give gypsum) and now the worthiness of that is gone, so they are not worth closing AT ALL.

2 Likes

65 are soloable. At least the minor ones for me. but 3.80 gold is soooooo not worth it.

1 Like

I quoted this bc holy shit that’s an awesome idea and perhaps even have 1 portal be a 30-40 ppl WB event with legendary loots drops , purple etc etc, gold, 1st kill achievement, 10 kll achievement etc etc and at say…hell I dunno pffffff /raises hands 100 kills you earn a token for 1 free store item per account (so AGS can’t say it’s being taken advantage of). Now let’s say you have the time for alllllllllllllll that and can somehow swing it again on other toon/server, get all the stuff, everything except the token but get some unique house furnishing for this accomplishment…okay, done wasting your and everyone else’s time with my BS hahahahahahaha

1 Like