10/10 bis constitutes unfair gameplay?

Just wanted to see people’s thoughts on this.

Technically unfair gameplay violates section 3 of the CoC. So if you are fighting people without full bis this would be unfair. They will never have an even chance to kill you.

So in theory anyone could report a full Bis player for unfair gameplay and the ban would be upheld?

An example of the type of reply a player could receive after being banned for this theoretical situation:

“Sadly we cannot provide further information about your ban for security reasons, what I can recommend you is to avoid any form of unfair gameplay on the game moving forward.”

Technically this would be correct and if multiple people banded together to provide multiple reports then this player would be banned and there would be nothing to do about it.

Is this kind of thing happening and what is the solution to this issue?

Any player is well within their rights to report anyone else they think is playing unfair.

1 Like

don’t forget to add the part where they say " as a result your lost ark account remains banned "

2 Likes

As an aside:

Recently I saw someone say “report lulbac, he is unkillable” in one of my OPR games. Is this reportable under the CoC?

I’ve been reporting a lot of sub 600 players for dying to fast to my BiS gear. This is unfair and it’s ruining my experience. One time I was in an opr and our team is winning too fast and we couldn’t even get 3000 points for max pvp exp. AGS need to do something and maybe ban some of these slackers for not farming gear fast enough.

15 Likes

lady-wat

3 Likes

Section 3 of the code of conduct, play fair, goes on to say, “ We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate.” Therefore, they could ban you for almost anything and never tell you specifically what you did wrong.

They need to be as specific as reasonably possible with their ban decisions so players can avoid breaking the code of conduct in the future.

2 Likes

625 GS is a core game mechanic. It isnt unfair game play.

The amount of mental gymnastics people make to try to justify the removal of character and gear progression is just funny.
Just be a man about it and say “i dislike character progression, please remove it”

1 Like

Technically me attacking a flagged player under 60 is unfair. Me having 2500 hours vs a fresh level 60 is unfair.

Standardized game play is not unfair. What would be unfair is unintentional exploits or 3rd party programs that directly influence your game play vs others.

You’re literally making nothing into something…

Someone having more time invested vs someone with less play time, is not constituted as being unfair.

1 Like

This must be one of the most absurd things I’ve seen on these forums :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t do drugs…

3 Likes

I think the OP is just trying to understand the reason for a recent ban. I could be wrong, though.

The OP wrote a thoughtful post about their ban experience recently seen here:

His ban was because of “cheating”. Having BIS gear definitely isn´t cheating.

It seems to me he tries to find a way of how to report BIS players for playing unfair which is insanely absurd.

Cheating is a violation of section 3, play fair, of the code of conduct. It includes 4 subsections.

1. Do not exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.
  2. Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.
  3. Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies.
  4. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate.

Pretty much anything could be a violation of subsection 4, which I assume is where the OP’s question is coming from.

How are you going to prove they have full bis?

The only thing unfair is them locking people out of content. Remove the mutation cap.

3 Likes

Is this a troll post or what? I really hope its not because imagine typing out an essay as a troll post :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

I actually haven’t reported anyone other than gold sellers or bots in my experience so far in the game.

This thread was started to discuss how the CoC can be interpreted into ways to basically get anyone banned.

I have been a victim of this recently and wanted to bring this issue to the forefront. In my opinion the CoC is awful and is so vague basically anyone can be banned for anything. You could argue that anything is unfair and if enough people do this you aren’t going to be able to access your account through no fault of your own.

Not troll post just a ridiculous theoretical question. That under CoC section 3.4 could be a thing.

The thread is a metaphor for how ridiculous CoC section 3.4 is and how easy someone could use it to lock a player out of their account.

1 Like

+1 THIS IS THE ONLY REAL VALID COMMENT HERE. REMOVE THE CAP AND WE GO BACK TO NOT RANTING. I tried…

1 Like