1.2 Hidden changes

I would assume that is the idea. Which is why we must now rely upon datamining.

This, however, is my favorite change of them all. The “Trade skill aptitude reward” for advancing past 200.

Harvesting: You get a box full of good green goodies such as softwood prayer beads, small quartz crystals, etc. Congratulations!

And one, last, parting “fuck you” to crafters. A small one. But delivered so spitefully.

Axe crit damage multiplier reduced from 1.4 to 1.3 (i.e. logging may be a bit slower over time now).

5 Likes

Why the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck would they make woodcutting worse than it already is.

I am actually starting to wonder if i can get my 40 bucks back.

7 Likes

Oooo, a CM is here.

To pre-empt the reply, Yes. I would love to use AGS official numbers rather than a random datamine.

Unfortunately, those weren’t provided outside of a vague “They’ve been nerfed a lot”.

Give us the numbers, please.

4 Likes

@NW_Mugsy . Is you dev team blind ? You lost another 25 k players logging in daily after you announced those silly changes . AGS is being costantly being flamed on Forum / Reddit / Twitter and your dev team is insisting on forcing upon us punishing changes that gate our progress on a freaking SANDBOX mmo . This is starting to become a Fraud against your playerbase …If you think people will be happy to grind the stats their gear already has by doing repetitive dailies that even cost coins the dev team is under drug effects .

10 Likes

right? that and fishing are the 2 gathering that i do not have at 200 yet

I understand emotions are running high but please do your best to keep in line with our Code of Conduct. Please do not target staff members or direct vulgarity at the team. We want to hear your critical feedback but we won’t tolerate personal attacks. And before you say there weren’t any, moderation has already removed them.

Update 1.2 has not released yet. If you re-read the PTR article you will see that we will provide the full patch notes for Update 1.2 when it releases.

I understand there has been incidents of patchnotes being incomplete and not capturing all changes, we will continue working with the team to improve in this area.

16 Likes

My God AGS, you literally just can’t not screw up what otherwise seemed like a pretty good thing.

Like what the heck? You apparently didn’t hear us complaining about the lack of gold for 60s, yet here we are. Like WTH

5 Likes

Nice of you to stop in :partying_face:

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea. We’re having a party

4 Likes

You clearly didn’t read any of it did you. Your chance of a chest increasing just dropped by 1000% percent.

4 Likes

You could have made a perfect system to progress beyond 600 GS with Expertise and yet you are punishing and gating players that already reached this level by crafting or by spending huge ammount of coins in order to reach it by downscaling their gear forcing them to do repetitive park themed dailies .

6 Likes

This is going to be a fun week isn’t it.

2 Likes

Just like the last PTR?

Anyway, I’ll enjoy the diminishing player-base even further.

19 Likes

When have you ever provided full patch notes to anything? We have crossed this bridge enough times to know that you only provide what you want us to know while sneaking anything and everything else in hoping we don’t notice.

20 Likes

he is just a community manager chill of em.

4 Likes

Can you address the tax system too?
Its the reason i will stop to play after 500+ hours , and i want to know for sure that its intended, and you didnt messed some decimals like the gold retribution.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can understand assigning malice to error. We’ll have to improve in order to earn the benefit of the doubt in this area.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, while we collected valuable feedback during the last PTR it requires additional time to implement so folks rightfully felt like it was not heard at all. We do care about feedback, the team is listening, and we will continue to work with our players to shape New World.

9 Likes

Being a CM, and not a developer or shot caller at AGS, I do hope you understand I am not levying this at you directly.

I do not, and cannot trust anything AGS says. And there is a very simple reason for that.

Your previous actions.
Hopefully with time this will improve. But for now, you have completely lost the communities trust. And that will take a VERY long time to earn back, with an excellent track record.

It ain’t looking good so far.

11 Likes

Yes, there have been mistakes made and we will have to earn back any trust we have lost.

18 Likes

Nothing against you Mugsy, you work with what you got.

But your team ask people to test stuff on the PTR but you give them no indication of what they are actually gonna test? You ask for feedback, but very little of the feedback provided for the last PTR seems to have been taken into consideration, neither when the 1.1 patch dropped, or in later patches.

And yeah, emotions are running high because a lot of your player base feel like they are getting shafted with every new patch, like dude, there are still glaring bugs in the game that has been here since the launch, maybe deal with that before taking a hammer to your established game mechanics.

7 Likes