1.2 Hidden changes

So people can only know the changes you make once it goes live ? How we supposed to give feedback ? Expect us to find every hidden changes in the ptr by ourselves?

4 Likes

You continue losing our trust exponentially.

14 Likes

I do have one question regarding patch notes, how do we know what to look for and test on the PTR if patch notes are not put out until it releases to official? Having notes to make sure changes done on the PTR work as intended and don’t cause more complicated issues would be very helpful.

3 Likes

You can start right now :smiley:

Have whoever it is that is charge of such matters give us the hard numbers.

Elite chest odds were reduced a little, but open world named enemies were reduced a lot

Give us the exact numbers they were reduced by. Show some transparency. It will go a long way.
Currrently, the datamine is the best we have, and until proven otherwise, we are running under the assumption that WM grinding just got 10x harder.

10 Likes

i get that you are getting thrown to the wolves, but tell them that asking for feedback on something they already plan to release is just wierd, if not just dumb. if they want to know what we think, and plan to act on the feed back, put the notes out and the test server up with enough time for them to take in what we say BEFORE releasing it.

4 Likes

If you are talking about PTR feedback, we should be providing a list of areas where we want folks to test. If you are talking about live game feedback we hope that people play and experience the changes then provide feedback on how it has impacted how gameplay feels. For example, when we have a major update we likely won’t put up focused feedback threads for 48 hours so folks can actually play the changes and report on their experiences and pair that with data.

New World is a living game, it will change a lot and the team will listen to feedback, implement changes, listen to feedback and implement changes and so on.

6 Likes

Well, I was thinking maybe I was overblowing my objections to this patch and maybe, MAYBE those telling me to STFU were right. Maybe. But after seeing this… nope, I was right to be %$#&ed.

2 Likes

I agree with you in that we need to continue to iterate on how to use PTR to get the most out of the feedback we receive from testers prior to that build being tagged for release.

4 Likes

Jesus dude, you’re the gift that keeps giving. Christmas came early this year.

This is a flat out lie.

1 Like

We, the players, shouldn’t have to do data mines to figure out what you changed in you game. All of this should have been laid out in clear and comprehensive PTR patch notes.

5 Likes

Problem is, most folks trying to play out the PTR can’t figure out if something is an intended change or a bug…

2 Likes

Hi Mugsy, the forums have been a bit of a cesspit recently from both sides. Please take some time off for self care. Your efforts in putting out the flames are appreciated.

1 Like

We need more transparency, you guys keep blindsiding us!

4 Likes

May I suggest that you fix old bugs before even starting to think about doing content patches?
There are literally hundreds of bugs that don’t get fixed, many of said bugs were reported in closed beta or even in alpha.
And you do nothing to fix these bugs, you only able to repeat how “our feedback is important to you”. You, sir, with all due respect, are a hypocrite.
I’ll repeat my prediction: by march - april 2022 this game will be mostly dead.

3 Likes

We do appreicate you stopping in and hanging out.

You should do it more often. As well as the other CMs.

Shoot the shit in topics that aren’t dumpsterfires like this one.

The more people see you lot around , the less every single interaction you have with the community will be a shouting match. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

The cost of orbs and casts are based on the refining and crafting tax rate in the settlement, so they can be much less than the default 600-ish gold.

1 Like

Here is what I want: I want you to tell me that Expertise increases require no gold cost aside from repair that may be require through the course of playing the game normally.

Tell me that and I will consider that I am wrong to be upset. Fail to tell me that and I will take what the OP said about the gold cost of casts/etc as accurate and write AGS off completely.

1 Like

It’s just hard to be told “we’re seriously trying” by representatives of a billion dollar empire.

When players screw up, it’s all on them, the ban, the appeal, the entire process, and the results have been mottled, to speak gracefully on the matter. Banned players don’t even ever really learn what got them there, just get a vague inference of what may have done the trick. Then they get told to be patient while three separate teams juggle that. What’s turning out to be the case, though, is that while players are ridden into town on the back of their screwups, the accountability doesn’t go both ways. We’re all being told to be patient and be kind and be insightful but there’s never a reward for it.

We want to be good, but it’s hard to feel good about being good to AGS right now. I understand this leverages as something of an attack on the team, but I can’t stress enough how poorly this looks from our perspective.

6 Likes

We should have to spend 0 money to increase out skill levels for weapon and armor masteries. 0 money. These are things that should be obtained through playing the game and gaining familiarity with the item in question. Making it cost money simply adds another sink in a game that would not be needed if bots were not so prevalent.

6 Likes