1.5.4 Musket DMG Inconsistent In OPR?

Musket Damage Seems…Off…

Musket Main since release I consider myself a decent player typically top 5 in opr. However, I’ve noticed that Musket isnt hitting like it should all the time.

Gear reference.
-GS 624 total Light armor
-Musket Infamy 625 or other Musket with Keenly Jagged 624

Attributes
Dex 300
Int 150
Con 65
or
Dex 300
Int 210

I’ve been testing this out more and more but in opr I’ll hit someone and be able to chunk their health and delete someone relatively easy. but in some rounds, 50% of my shots hit less than 1k which is very odd and hasn’t happened in the past.

Things I’ve done to test this in-game.

1. ensured Barron buff wasn’t active
  2. hit multiple targets within the time frame like shoot one guy next shot shoot another.
  3. verified no debuffs were on me
  4. verified gear has been slotted correctly and attributes food is active.
  5. gear removal check
  • Removed all gear before entering opr applied when loaded into the instance
  • Removed all gear after being loaded into opr and re-equipping
  • reequipping gear in different orders
  • testing different gems
  • testing different gear

after all the tests i’ve done myself it hasnt resulted in consistent outcomes.

another example is with keenly jagged and powder burn. i’ll hit someone for 900 but get 450 burn ticks and 120 bleed ticks or the other way around where i’ll hit for 3k and get 250 burn ticks and 73 bleed ticks. it’s based off weapon dmg or is it based off of damage delt. either way the results above arent consistent.

``````````Is anyone else having this issue?```````````

• What is your character name in New World: ThatKeem
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: See Above
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: see above
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes and No. Not sure what triggers it.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: i tried finding a moment in my recording of gameplay that had the issue but it’s a little too much to go through.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: not sure.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) speratic

Bump

If you happen to capture it again via video, definitely share! I’ll have this looked into, though!

1 Like

Thanks, ill get that together. Also, would it be heplful if i made a video for all things rapier musket. Feedback and bugs? I have 140days logged in playtime of primarly using them

1 Like

@Aenwyn

Video is always helpful with any bug / feedback! :slight_smile: