4 hours into the void: Did i just lose all progress EVEN with NO GOLD received or interaction with TP?

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Alduin-o
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kaloon
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After login, spawned in a weird location, 20 energy core worth of motes is missing from my inventory or chests. None of which were bought nor sold. Simply crafted.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: 3 hours worth of playing into the Void
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play the game, don’t get any gold, don’t sell anything, still get your progress to reset.

To be clear (awaiting the generic ‘we have an update here’),
I am aware of the tradepost rollbock still to be executed but this is unrelated. I farmed around 2000 motes (soul, death) and around 1000 of the rest. I didn t get any gold nor bought anything during the duration of the EU formating issue

so to summarize, did i just lose my gathered resources and progress?

1 Like

I would like to add that as a 600+ hours player, i really appreciated your early leveling experience on this game. End game was oka’ish… until the 1.1 patch. I am ok with downtimes, fixes and whatever you deem good for your game. BUT if you delete progress to people trying to just play the game normally (avoiding exploits, dupes), it invalidates any motivation and confidence to commit and invest in your game.
I personally lost that confidence today and will be back in a year or so…Maybe?
Thanks for the devs for the efforts and the fun moments in this game. Thanks to the community for the funniest forum i have seen in my life :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Anyone with similar issues in EU? Friends on my server reporting the same…

2 Likes

Would appreciate an answer: do I wait until my character is restored or will this be it ?

1 Like

They rolled back everything you did yesterday after the patch…i am in the same situation as you are, voidbent ingot crafting, resource gathering/selling, other epiic materials crafted, gold speent, etc. all gone

1 Like

Say what… they mentionned rolling back affected players…I didn t even go to a city during the 4 hours just farming motes…for 4 hours to craft shitty energy core and I have to do it again? Yeah…no. Thanks AGS for 'sheer incompetence because not knowing how to deal with DB formating is incompetence. Not trying to be disrepectful but as a dev myself I would be ashamed…

I am taking a break from the game anyway but I will bump it until I get a statement on this. So BUMP

players who received the gold started buying the AH and power level, what else other than a rollback could they do?

2 Likes

Didn t receive gold nor sold stuff dear friend how is that logical? Of course rollback tp rollback transaction…but don’t f touch of my character gathering and progression.
Too much to ask?

it’s logical in the sense that so many players and economy was affected that it would have taken them exponentially longer to just rollback only affected players. I understand your frustration and i am also pissed, but we are lucky they only rolled back 3 hours.

1 Like

don’t get me wrong, losing 4 hours of farming motes sounds awful.

1 Like

Farming those motes was annoying enough I don t have the strength to do it again. The worst part is it could happen again … after work I am either unistalling or trilling with some exploits until ban cause why not… we get screwed either way …

1 Like

Also see how they communicate: we rollback the to, oh no item loss no worries then server up and all is a mess. Then they move to its a known issue. I am done mate seriously

1 Like

Bump

Bump

Take a look at the News section. They did a rollback for ALL (so yours too) chracters because of the influence from the gold bug yesterday. If they would no have done a rollback for everything then the economy would be broken because of items being bought by some people who got a lot of money.
Doing a roll back for everything to yesterday morning was the only right thing to do in that situation.

1 Like

Good bye

Thank you! <3

Also bump

Just realized they actually did know that only affected players rollback wasn t possible at 3 pm but kept the communication on only affected players till the dev update. Oh well, thanks for mentioning that. One week to endwalker anyway, was fun for 40 bucks tbh.