7/30/22 Login Blocked: Suspicious Software or Corrupted Install

Continuing the discussion from Help! login blocked suspicious software or corrupted install detected:

I haven’t played in quite a while and when I tried to login I got this message,

I have checked the validity of the files.
I have installed the latest EAC.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled New World.
I have closed EVERYTHING on my computer except Steam and NW.
I have read through the forums looking for an answer.

PLEASE HELP

Player Name: Kreoak
World: Orofena

Hello @BardounsKreoak,

Thanks for the report.

Here are some steps to solve the issue. Please try going step by step as follows.

• Check for pending BIOS updates.
  • Verify that the drivers are correct and up to date: New World Compatible GPU Driver Update - Support
  • Verify that the drivers are correct and up to date: [New World Compatible GPU Driver Update
  • Avoid using VPN, and you should remove other programs such as bots to mine or fish or to avoid being AFK. (if installed for any reason) Even overlays to get unofficial maps for the game.

After all steps above:

• Shut down the computer completely. Turn it on, then run the Steam client as administrator and try the game again.

In case none of them works then please contact our Support by going to :arrow_forward: New World - Support | Amazon Games :arrow_backward:

Take into account that the escalation may require logs in-game and DXDiag, therefore have them ready when contact our representatives.

If you happen to ignore how to retrieve them, I place the instructions here:
DxDiag

1. Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
    2.Click on dxdiag.exe.
    3.When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Logs in-game

1. Press Windows+R on the keyboard, type %localappdata% and press enter.
  2. Open the most recent file from this folder: AGS/New World/LogBackups.
  3. Send the logs file that you see in the LogBackups folder.

Thank you for your understanding.

Take care and stay safe!

Check, check and check… Nothing… I have a ticket open and every time I talk to someone, it gets bumped to someone higher up the tech line… keeping this open until I have some resolution.

Bardouns Kreoak

Do you have any antivirus installed? Can you upload a screenshot with your installed apps in your pc from the control panel uninstaller? Something blocks the game. Doesn’t matter if you have closed all the apps.

They don’t know, there’s no resolution, this issue just fixes itself after hours, because it’s a network problem they didn’t figure out yet.
To me it always happens when the game cannot load the news on the initial screen, then trying to login a character the game fails with the above error message. It’s just a different symptom of the usual connection problems this game has.
If you can’t see the news on the initial game page, don’t even bother trying logging in, shutdown router and pc, go for a coffee, switch on and retry.

I wish it was that simple… It’s been this way for a week. nothing has helped… I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled it. Sent them all of the files and nothing. All for a game that I’m still holding hope for.

Yes Windows Defender, have NW whitelisted, and have tried turning it off, and nothing. I have so many apps/programs/games on the computer.

Had to find a different view to fit them all

try temporarily changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8

2 Likes

dns can be an issue with games that use a ui with web interface,

I have used cloudflare’s dns in my router with no issues, googles is ok also,

ISP’s default dns can be something very different and not always very good

1 Like

Changed this didn’t work. But… Then I tried my alt account and different server and I was able to get in. Switched my DNS back to 1.1.1.1 and Both accounts work now. Thanks for the idea.

@2old2run Thank you aswell

2 Likes

glad that worked for ya

1 Like

Ok, so nothing really fixed… If I want to play on my East Coast server, I have to log in to it and get the error, then log out completely, log back in but try my west coast server, if I get in then I can join my east coast server. If not then I have to start over. This is such a stupid error