About stolen account

My Steam account was stolen and I got it back, then when I entered the game, my account was transferred to another server and all my money was gone. Can Amazon help?
I just want to amazon take me to my old server.

1 Like

I am unsure what the best path forward would be, I recommend contacting Steam about your account being stolen and creating a support ticket to see if they can help with account changes made during that time.

How would steam do anything about changes made inside your game?

It is wise to let Steam know if you experience issues with your account being stolen so they have it on file should other issues arise.

k, but that isn’t what he is posting here about, lol. Support so far with New World has been down right terrible, both here and via live chat (live chat due more to how the developers have limited what they can and can’t do, lol, can’t even do something as basic as move a character in-game)

That sucks. I wish you the best of luck.
All I’d say is remember, it’s not the fault of AGS that your account was stolen, so cut them some slack in trying to figure out something that could help you, and don’t give up completely. I’m sure more transfers will be available eventually, worst case.

1 Like

He didn’t say anything that would require “cut them some slack”. He asked for help and they replied and addressed a question he didn’t even ask for help with. And then ignored his request for help with their game, they could of at least said there was nothing they could do.

Are you sure about my solution by submitting a ticket to Steam?

1 Like

Cut them some slack was general advice, not specific defense.
OP hasn’t even posted a 2nd time, so it couldn’t have been specific…
(hadn’t posted when I was typing that)

Worst case, and I’m sure they are working on it, will be more transfers available in the future.
How, when, why, or how much… could well be what they are figuring out.

Just because you hate customer service, and I’m not even saying you’re wrong, doesn’t mean you have to post jaded replies to everyone that’s trying to help someone be a little at ease with a bad situation.

What I understood is that after a review of Steam, you would have a way to know how to deal with what can be done with your character in New World. I believe that Amazon doesn’t have a code system for access, password or any configuration that bars anyone’s access (which would be interesting). oh, and beware of malicious files or links bringing any offers. avoid clicking on them.

From your op it sounds like you have already got back control of your Steam account. If you haven’t already, I would highly recommend changing passwords and adding a Steam Guard to your account to keep this from happening again. You may also want to contact Steam Support, if you haven’t already, to make sure there is nothing else you can or need to do to secure your Steam account.

As for your New World game account and the changes that were made to it, I do hope they end up helping you with this. Amazon Game Studios would be the ones to deal with your moved character and missing gold/items and any other changes made within the game, not Steam as AGS and others here are telling you.

Good luck!

Sorry, a slight misunderstanding. Let me be clearer.

I am unsure what the best path forward would be, I recommend contacting Steam about your account being stolen and creating a NEW WORLD (AGS) support ticket to see if they can help with account changes made during that time.

3 Likes

Thanks for editing your post to give him the correct info :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.