Abuse of the Moderation System by Mass reports

• What is your character name in New World: DailanDemon
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kronomo
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Automatic Moderation System abuse
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit

Well, since this is no longer the Closed Beta I will bring the issue again:

Companies abusing the moderation system by mass reporting, this time it didn’t happen to me but It was obviously intentional, here’s some Context:
In Kronomo the top company, we have almost taken over the server and that caused some serious animosity, we have a war for Everfall today, with us as the attackers, also today the leader of the company got banned for “abusive” behaviour just hours before the war that HE is leading, Mind you he like myself are Very old beta testers, we know that the moderation system can be abused so we control our chat a lot to try and not be insulting for any reason, actually we barely even talk in global.

So here’s the issue at hand, the moderation system is easily exploited by companies if they want, just the minimum word that can be interpreted as insulting can cause you to get banned for a day, even if you didn’t intend to be insulting. What is more annoying is that on the Ban message doesn’t say what is the message that got you banned, or more specific reason nor proof.

This is not the Beta anymore, any Ban is recorded for a lasting time, and if companies do that multiple times the person can be Banned PERMANENTLY, for something that HE might have not even done. This is a SERIOUS Issue, Final Ban decisions have to be moderated by a HUMAN BEING, not a machine, I know its hard because of the sheer number of players, but those who truly are abusive will keep being abusive for a long time, is not something that a system should decide in a single day because of mass reports.

Edit: Since a few Hours seems this have been a problem in many different servers, and in theory, the response of AGS has been “all bans are reviewed by a person” please stop with that, this is not true, and IF it is, the problem is then bigger, because you can fix or remove a faulty system, but you can’t fix someone who enjoys banning for any small or no reason.

35 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.