Account Takeover (Theft)

Hi,

Yesterday my account was stolen. Thanks to steem’s help, I regained access to it, but after logging in to NW it turned out that the character was transferred to another server and the gold was gone. Please transfer to the current server and help in recovering the eq.

current server: BRAN
Charkater: GoldThorax

Thank you

Hi @kali2! welcome to the New World Community Forums! :mage:

Thank you for all the information that you provide us and I’m sorry to hear that you have this problem with the game after you regained access to it.

I escalated this issue and we’re going to check this for you, as soon I have an update I will reply back to you in this same topic.

Thank you for your patience. :star:

Thank you. I will wait for a message. I hope you can recover your stolen items. I admit that spending the next 80+ hours driving the level is quite troublesome.

Update:
Resources also disappeared :frowning:

Who uses steam without 2FA?

Hmmmm. I set up steam only for NW. Who would have expected a medium-quality account to be hacked

Given the info, CS should look into suspicious acitvity done on your account and close it, if it was acting in shady deals.

People are responsible for their account safety.

I know that now. The account has been secured properly. It’s just a matter of retrieving items. Because it’s a shame so many hours of fun; /

Hi,

Is anything known about my case?

Good Luck, I had the same problem and all I got was a condescending message from the mods that I was responsible for the account security and they were not going to do anything to help mitigate the damage.

Hello @kali2,

I’m sorry to read that someone got into your account and stole your character’s stuff.

I checked on the ticket created by @Lyon and unfortunately the answer is as @glynn0 says, account security is the responsibility of the account holder as we have no way to verify that such actions occurred, who the original account owner is, nor that the account was re-secured by the original and rightful owner.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, I recommend using the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator, which is how you can set up 2FA on your Steam account. You can find out more about it here.

WoW

Very helpful information. So that’s how you’ll start losing players. I started playing NW because it seemed noteworthy, but I also know it was a mistake.

It’s just a pity that I spent so much money and lost time.

PS

You can already post the tenth. I do not intend to return to NW anymore

1 Like