AFK kicked for fishing normally

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Etny2k
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I was fishing to level 100 and in about 15 minutes I was afk kicked from game and I was fishing the whole time. Do I now need to start walking while I am fishing to stop afk kick?
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: new bug with patch
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Interupts gameplay
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Had to log in again
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Fish normally without moving for 15 minutes
22 Likes

Confirmed i was just fishing a hotspot, changing bait and actively playing and was kicked without warning to the menu after around 15 minutes of catching fish.
I open the map and my inventory and change bait at times and kicked, the only thing i didnt do was move my player location. i am on a hotspot and if i move then my cast will not land on the hotspot so i NEED to stand still right?

I realize people are trying to fish bot, but how do i fish normally without getting kicked?

4 Likes

I was jumping after every 5th cast and was still afk kicked a second time. I also have this new screen flicker that was not there before.

Same was fishing in windsward and kicked for AFK

Just came here to make this exact thread. Now I’ve got something more annoying to deal with than the things fixed today. I liked to advertise my furniture services while fishing beside the workshop but now I’m getting kicked for being afk when I’m not afk at all… great! :slight_smile:

Started fishing right as the server came back online and after 15min was kicked for inactivity. Moving around jumping nothing seems to be fixing it has happened 3 times in a row now. am not AFK am playing the game as intended and am getting kick. Need another hot fix I guess.

Came here for same reason… same thing happed to me 2x today so I stopped playing for now. Running back and fourth between 2 hotspots and even talking actively in are chat to a fellow fisher.

Same thing just happened to me. Fishing right outside Windsward, and kicked after 15 min.

2 Likes

same, kicked for fishing just to be thrown into a queue. What a pain…

I was was in the menus and looking at the company lists (another company lost its territory 2 hrs into the maintenance window) and storage… I was certainly not afk and kicked with afk_kick while certainly not afk.

seems alot will be kicked actively reading items, storage sorting, menus, world books etc…

It seems like they build logic based on location vs activity but that’s just a guess

how long were you reading for?

Same here - fishing normally - typing in chat etc. AFK_Kick

1 hour fishing and already kicked out 3 times.

lol

this needs fixed asap , I mean its fishing you stand in 1 spot and fish. how the heck does this get a kick so dumb @amazon

1 Like

Well for what its worth they fixed it for me, i just fished for 3 hours and did not get kicked. thank you for fixing it!
i did tap my left and right arrow keys periodically to move. either they fixed it or that did it for me.

dont get why we have to move when fishing to not be kicked, and this is something a bot can do easy not a good fix for botters if this is a fix for botters.

some pple are getting kicked at crafting stations/trading post. also there was a reddit post about an eu player got kicked out of his war for afk and he was playing turret the hole time…

1 Like

just got afk kicked for fishing 5 minutes ago in restless shore. error also said LAG DETECTED.

Same here, was fishing for several minutes and got kicked for AFK.