Any updates to whe. I can play?

Since the devs could do nothing to alleviate the issue which was with core AWS services in US-East-1, how does this outage address their competence? Disney+, Netflix, Slack and many, many businesses that use AWS were affected.

Probably went out for coffee after high fiving themselves that they finally fixed a day long issue and forgot to turn stuff back on. Seems par for the course…

2 Likes

wouldn’t surprise me tbh lol

2 Likes

Why havent they updated us on anything in 7 hours?

1 Like

You think the game being down today is the devs fault? Who’s incompetent?

5 Likes

They barely communicate with us, you think AWS communicates with them? They learned the lack of communication from somewhere xD

In all seriousness though, they’re generally slow at updating us on things like this and currently there may not really be much to tell us.

i can see world under maintenance so they are doing something. i just want to know how long we have to wait so im not checking every 5 mins

1 Like

Because it’s a massive problem affecting a huge part of the internet and oh yea, ASG IS NOT AWS. How are so many people so dense they think this web outage is a game problem that the devs have any control over? They are not the ones fixing it so they can’t be expected to have an exact update. You should be flooding a AWS forum with this silly posts.

1 Like

Probably to resync the live databases with the backups and perhaps to deal with the issues of wars and invasions that were scheduled but cannot now be done. I suspect they are pushing all those events one day forward and that requires a maintenance cycle.

typical great axe users, thats who!

i never blamed the devs. im just saying that everything seems to be back up so they might be able to let us know something

The level of incompetence on Amazon’s side is becoming truly disconcerting.

1 Like

In all seriousness though, they’re generally slow at updating us on things like this and currently there may not really be much to tell us.

Only reason I don’t accept this is things have been changing in the game menu. We now see the worlds are in maintenance, and even just a few minutes ago I was able to see the play button, although it gives me an error that the world is still down. It seems like something is happening and things are progressing. No update for over 6 hours is not great, even if the update is still “sorry AWS is still down”.

Well I don’t know about you but I’m able to get connected, just not in game because the servers are in maintenance which honestly if there wasn’t an issue we should be able to join like the us west/euro servers. And yes I understand that they failed on the AWS side of things. 2+ hours of some people sitting and me at 1+ hour of my second screen at maintenance kind of shows that customer service isn’t AGS’s strong point lol

Almost everything is back up at AWS.
https://status.aws.amazon.com/
should be able to play again soon.

maybe they all went home because they were all pretty active earlier

1 Like

Aztlan server is up, so maybe soon the rest will be

1 Like

I don’t think his post was directed at the folks asking for an update. I suspect It was directed at all the people here who don’t have a clue how any of this works, and are blaming the devs for this when they have nothing to do with it. Also, your assumption that its stupid for the game and it’s servers to be ran by different entities, but if you took any time to look a little deeper, there are several other games that arent AGS games that are currently unplayable because they are on AWS servers. So please do a simple google search before you make yourself look so ignorant.

Oh don’t get me wrong man, I completely agree they need to be communicating with us way more especially with all the issues we’ve already dealt with. Their communication skills are soooo poor. I also see the changes and even see that ONE US East server is functioning and has a 10 player queue. I’m now in constant refresh mode and updating friends/company members.

2 Likes

I think that might be a test server. Not 100% sure just guessing