Anyone else notice the economy sucks

If you sell things for a 5th of they are worth its not going to work out so well. Makes it absolutely pointless to farm anything for money. Even the leftovers are just that now, leftovers.

14 Likes

because there isn’t much to buy and sell

For buying: why do you need to spend money at all? faction gear is quite decent if you failed to get one from dungeon/mob. and they are cheap too

For selling: raw materials are too costly, while level up is intense grind, but at the same time almost most items you craft are useless. While the useful one like ammunition are too easy to craft that flooded the whole market which also make lack of variety

economy is driven by supply and demand, on supply we got overflow with stuff, while demand is almost absolute zero

8 Likes

drop all loot upon pvp death was the balance. thus now economy is borked because the wow refugees insist on carebear pve cultures

21 Likes

I almost never sell armour/weapons as they are just not worth the effort really, some quest bits and pieces mostly but certainly haven’t made that much from it.

3 Likes

On my server, the cost of tier 3 armor and weapons is a fraction of the cost of the equivalent of the faction gear (which you have to pay in both gold coins AND faction tokens). And, those armor and weapons being sold for like 5 gold apiece are way better than the faction gear. People are just dumping it in the trading post treating it like garbage gear.

4 Likes

True. There is literally no sink on a lot of items. Even the coins don’t have much sink.

4 Likes

The only real valuable items are tier 1 resources and Flux, sandpaper, etc.

3 Likes

Yeah, as a crafter, I find that I am constantly short on things like sand paper and turin. Those items are like gold and sell that way in the trading post.

4 Likes

What people haven’t yet discovered is that alot of this “crap” loot they are trying to sell for 5 gold is much better off turned into repair parts and used to craft master repair kits because it gets hella expensive at tier V, I am currently at over 250 gold to repair my gear each time.

6 Likes

And what six month later when all the pvp players get bored with game and leave then what? You do know its going to take you a really long time to get legendary gear then what none of the pvp players are going to wear it into battle cause they will lose it if they die. Far as it goes yes people want to buy all mats dirt cheap but then try and make a profit by a ton.

3 Likes

There are simply way too many items coming from drops and quests. AGS decided it’s a good idea to shower everyone in loot.

Weapon, armor, and jewelry crafting got shafted the most. I am level 54 and haven’t bought a single crafted weapon, armor or jewelry.

1 Like

Yes, perma death and detele account… this game is not albion please go away if u do not like

3 Likes

There’s just a lot of people leveling right now. Both crafting and PvE wise. Making supply extremely high. The economy needs time to settle down here. Once people start salvaging these parts because they sell poorly, without making or gathering new of these low level items, supply will drop.

3 Likes

It’s also not surprising that nobody buys lower leveled things when the servers are closed off and nobody is below level 30 because of all to fast leveling. And even in the cities I see people in the 3X levels very rarely.

2 Likes

Repair parts need to be removed and items shouldn’t be able to be repaired. Thereby making players need to purchase new gear very couple of weeks.

We have too much supply and no demand.

2 Likes

Repair doesn’t matter for most of the levelling gear. By the time it needs repair, it’s been replaced by a new slightly better bit of leveling gear.

1 Like

I feel the economy is pretty unbalanced too, but I’m sticking to what I’ve posted in other threads – we need to wait and see how it looks when most of the players are at level 60 and have their tradeskills at or near maximum.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember the 5% tax from WoW for both the seller and the buyer? It was too good to be true.

Now the seller has to pay up to 5% of the total when listing the item then it has to pay up to 10% when selling the item and the buyer needs to pay up to 10% when buying the item.

And we are also limited to only 100 buy and sell orders in the entire game meaning that we have to wait with some items or just discard them because they lose too much value if the times passes on.

The taxes are also at the moderate level because if a governor wakes up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning and decides to ramp up the taxes to extreme then it can be simply disgusting.

All I know is I have been playing MMOs since Ultima and I have never seen an economy tank this fast and hard ever. It has put up a complete wall in doing just about anything, this game was designed to be an open sandbox where you can do what you want when you want except of course making money lol There are too many factors right now getting in the way of this and it’s going to take a serious dive if they don’t address it faster than they are. It in turn is making crafting pointless which as of right now it’s pretty much pointless anyways because no one really buys anything crafted minus a few items like pots and food. In your servers have you noticed how bare the project boards are ? My server they are almost all bare, Even cities are starting to show the depletion of funds from the tanking economy when no one can make any money then who will pay the taxes :wink:

2 Likes

It’s because everyone is selling the best gear for .10 of a gold coin. It’s not even 1. So dumb. I went to sell a nice blue Level 30 item on the Trading Post and it wasn’t even worth the posting cost. WTH?

3 Likes