Attacked While Reeling in a Catch - Stuck in Semi-Fishing Mode

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: ReamField2
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East - Irminsul
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Attacked by wolf while reeling in a catch near Windward. Unable to stop fishing mode. Game Menu unavailable, map unavailable. Pressing F3 to end fishing mode equipped the fishing pole like the sword. Unable to attack the wolf. Ran away to end pursuit. Came back to water; unable to end fishing mode, equip weapon, begin fishing again. Ended up going to Windsward, dragging a fish behind me the while way. Once in Windsward, was able to access the game menu, activated the unstuck function. All seemed normal again except unable to enter fishing mode. Wrote this report immediately after.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: See issue report.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: See issue report.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Sorry, didn’t capture.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Going to have to quit game.
1 Like

Had this happen today, couldn’t do anything, camera was attached to my fishing spot, fishing rod was on my back and the treasure chest stuck on my foot. I couldn’t go into inventory, menu or anything, had to Alt-F4 out of the game.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s one of those weird quirky situations. Since “fishing mode” is special and doesn’t disable certain extraneous events, it was bound to happen on occasion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.