[Aurora Project] Changes in "Castle Siege" : Updating mechanics

> [Aurora Project] What New World could become <

Greetings to all.

The so-called “Aurora Project” is a set of ideas divided into several Post, where they will be treated individually and precisely. It is very important to understand that these suggestions are my way of understanding and improving New World, and that of course any other opinion is totally valid as well. I ask for the maximum possible respect in these Posts that I am going to discuss, and if anyone wants to comment, I would ask you, please, that they read the entire Project, all Post with the Tag “[Aurora Project]” and written by me: “Lobo_Necrodes”, to understand its objective.

More Posts will be added over time and with new ideas. I accept contributions from other users who send them to me by Private Message to continue creating a “New World”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a post that I have wanted to do for a long time, so it may be longer than usual, although they are already long; sorry for the encyclopedias that I make you read sometimes …

I hope they understand my point of view and respect it, as well as I try to understand all their points of view and respect them as well. This is not a Post for everyone, but I think that if it is really important for you, who are reading this, it is really important to have fun and quality PvP, you should read the entire post and then reflect on the topics that are going to be here. treat.

This is a matter that I have already discussed many times with friends with whom I have been playing MMORPGs for 20+ years. It is something that we already talked about before the first Betas of New World, because there are many years of experience already and by watching the promotional videos, we already knew what we were going to find with this game. It is something that we discussed again during the Betas, on several occasions. And it is something that, just tonight I have been talking with a friend for hours… (Right now it is 5:14AM early morning in Spain, where I live, and when I hit the button to post, it will be even later).

For months I have been collecting this information, taking notes and all that to one day make this Post. They already realized that my Posts are not very elaborate, I usually treat the subject above and a little more, but I do not go into too much detail. This is because for many years I have given my feedback to many games, especially MMORPGs, and I have invested a lot of time, passion and dedication to what I do, but rarely has a development team contacted me, told me about my project or my ideas for his games, and he has asked my permission to take my ideas, modify them if necessary to better fit his vision, and finally publish them. In most cases they simply add them with many changes, so many changes that the original idea is hardly recognized… and not only that, but also the remedy ended up being worse than the disease.
For this reason, I prefer to speak only above, without too much detail, leave the concept of my ideas, and if at some point a development team contacts me, then I elaborate the idea in a detailed way with them.

I say this, because when writing this Post there is a job behind it, a job of gathering information, of combining mechanics of many other games, of talking about the subject with many people asking for their opinion of the mechanics that the game currently has, tell them my ideas, and ask her how she would like these changes. Update my ideas based on your answers, etc. However, you will not see all those details and nuances here because they would be investing too much time and effort in something that never happens, and that idea can be used in another project then; thus improving the [Aurora Project] more and more.

I hope you understand my point of view and respect it, as well as I try to understand all their points of view and respect them as well. This is not a Post for everyone, but I think that if it is really important for you, who are reading this, it is really important to have fun and quality PvP, you should read the entire post and then reflect on the topics that are going to be treat here.

This post, along with: [Aurora Project] Changes in “Castle Siege” : Tools to manage groups
They are the result of many hours, days, weeks and even months, of conversations with dozens and dozens of players who are also looking for changes in Node Wars / Castle Siege, so I really hope you enjoy doing it as much as I do.

I do not roll more and we go to the main topic: Updating mechanics of the Castle Sieges.

The points that I am going to deal with are:

1. How would “Friendly Fire” affect New World PvP?
  2. Should a player killed in a Castle Siege die permanently like in a Battle Royale?
  3. Should a Castle Siege be won by stopwatch or by the death of an entire team?
  4. Being able to choose Defenses and Attack Tools before a War?
  5. How should the Castle “Gates” work in the middle of a War?
  6. How should the Castle “Store” work in the middle of a War?
  7. How often should a Castle be attacked?
  8. Who should be affected by the taxes of a conquered territory?
  9. How should Skills and Equipment work in PvP?
  10. Visual over-information in Node Wars?

As you can see, there are not a few topics that I want to deal with, and it is most likely that they will be updated in the future with more things. So let’s get started!

1. How would “Friendly Fire” affect New World PvP?

One of the main problems that I see in New World PvP, is that it seems that the game tries to have a “realistic” tone, but it does not finish achieving it due to certain elements such as the “Damage per fall” that we already discussed in the post:
[Aurora Project] Brainstorm: List of minor changes
And another one of those things why he doesn’t get it, is because PvP becomes… quite comical and ridiculous, excuse me for the expression, but that’s how I see it and I’m really sorry.

It does not happen as much in Open World PvP because not enough players gather, but in Castle Siege PvP the most common is to see how 4 or 5 players attack a solitary player with a skill spam. Or how 10 players fight with 10 other players in a narrow corridor where nothing is seen, there are only 20 people spamming buttons like crazy, while another 10 Supports are throwing all their healing areas inside that corridor … although they neither they know very well what is happening, they only see blue and red bars going up and down …

New World has a more or less “tactical” combat system, with few skills that you must use when they are really necessary. With a slow and more or less realistic combat rhythm, which tries to encourage the player to act like in real life, and it is a real shame to see these absurd fights of 20 monkeys in a corridor where they only push buttons like crazy.
If you put any video on YouTube, you can see that this is something that happens constantly, in fact always, and you can also see that being “tactical” is not the best option to win a battle. I still haven’t seen a single video where the attacking Clan breaks into small groups to cause skirmishes, forcing the defending Clan to defend one area, thus forcing them in turn to unprotect another. Nor have I seen a group of Archers with a specific function being formed, such as killing the players leaning out of the walls. Or entire groups of shield troopers leading their team down the corridor forcing the defending Clan back. I have not seen anything, nothing really, about undertaking a Castle Siege in a “tactical”, “logical”, “reasonable” and “intelligent” way, as one would try to do in real life in order not to die (The theme of “Death” we will deal with in point 2).

I think that the “Friendly Fire” would be something positive that would help all the players to face a Castle Siege in a more realistic way, being more careful not to crowd so as not to harm their allies, forcing the players to form small groups, to give a specific function to each of these groups. To use certain groups to attack and others to wait to take action at the necessary moment, and not just throw 50 soldiers headfirst in the middle of a senseless war …
With “Friendly Fire”, Archers, Mages and ranged attackers in general, would be forced to use their attacks intelligently, possibly doing what I mentioned before, attacking players that melee cannot reach, how for example, players of the enemy Clan who are leaning out of the walls, or simply trying to kill the furthest players, leaving the melee to fight each other.
I know it seems crazy, and that many players will already be with their hands on their heads, but I think that we constantly demand a lot from companies, because we constantly ask them for better and better games, but we never demand from ourselves, and I think that The “comfort” I have made many games today much worse than they could have been, because companies often make mechanics so that the game has everything “easier”, and thanks to that we lose a lot of quality …
Thanks to things like the “MiniMap” the “exploration in games” has been lost.
Thanks to things like the “Track” of missions where he marks you with an arrow all the time where to go or what to kill, nobody reads anything anymore, nobody enjoys the history of games, or the magic of discovering things that others don’t have discovered thanks to reading.
Thanks to tools such as that there is never “Friendly Fire”, or that “Dying” has no weight because we revive at 30 seconds just 50 meters, it makes no player take their decisions seriously when facing a fight.
Please … understand that if we want better quality in video games, we must realize and accept that there are many “comforts” that we should give up, because they make games lose quality and fun. I ask you to reflect on what I am telling you, because it will not be the only controversial topic that I will touch on in this post; and I think we all need to do an awareness raising exercise on these issues.

2. Should a player killed in a Castle Siege die permanently like in a Battle Royale?

As I have already mentioned in point 1, knowing that when you die you will revive in just a few seconds and at a short distance, makes you make less transcendent decisions, less tactical, less intelligent, and that you play more crazy and carefree; and I think there must be a PvP to play like that, more relaxed, but that Castle Siege is not that … I think that Castle Siege is a very important mechanic of New World, perhaps its most important mechanic of all as I have already said in some occasion, and I think you have to play it with the seriousness it deserves.

In a Battle Royale, X number of players, let’s say 100, are deployed on a large map, and must survive the confrontation with each other. Only one player, or a team of players, can be the winner, and if you die once, you are dead forever in that game. That is why the Battle Royale genre hit so hard in the video game market, because for many years no other game offered us the adrenaline of knowing that we could not make any mistakes, because that could lead to our death and we would have lost the game for full. All our programming, everything we had achieved up to that point, we would lose EVERYTHING, and we would be forced to start everything from scratch.
This also made us all play with our hearts in our hands, always looking everywhere, looking around every corner, spending long minutes completely alone and lying on the ground watching as a whole group of players passed a few meters from us, aiming at their heads slowly so as not to attract attention, and repeating in our heads over and over again: “If they see me, I’m dead.”

That feeling of knowing that our life is IMPORTANT, is something that no other game was giving us for almost 2 decades, and that is why the Battle Royale became a phenomenon.
All players here who are 25+ years old will know what I’m talking about. We have played many times ancient arcade games like Pang, Megaman 3, The Revenge of Shinobi … we know that when we have 3 or 4 lives played much more carefree than when we only have one life left, and that if we die we will have to start all the game from the start. Having the last life and knowing that makes us play more focused, more tactical, in a more intelligent way; and in the vast majority of cases, that is precisely what makes us win the game and overcome it.
Dark Souls is another of these examples, where you know that if you die, you will return to the stake again and you will have to kill, AGAIN, all the enemies one by one until you return to the point where you were, and if you also die before reaching the collect your souls, you will have lost them all and you will have to start over from scratch … This mechanic is the one that also made the Soulslike famous; a video game genre that is actually much older than Dark Souls, but that would be another topic.

The point is, having a single life makes you appreciate your life. If we all knew that when we died in the real world, we would come out right next to us in 5 seconds like our whole new body, we would not mind if we were hit by a car or falling off a balcony … the World would be in chaos.

I think that having a single life in the Castle Siege of New World would be key for it to become a much more tactical, realistic and competitive game mode. Conquering a territory would really be something important, something that Clans would really give their 100% for.

This point links directly to point 3.

3. Should a Castle Siege be won by stopwatch or by the death of an entire team?

Currently a castle Siege is won when the timer reaches zero, there it is decided which team won the territory. If the attacking team did not conquer the Castle before the timer reaches zero, then the Castle will remain the defending team’s. On the contrary, if the defending team had a gap in their defenses before the timer reached zero, and the attacking team conquered the central area of ​​the Castle, the attacking team will have conquered that territory.
For the rest, while the timer is counting, everything has the same mechanics as a Deathmatch with 4 conquest points: 3 exteriors and the central area of ​​the Castle.

If you ask me, I think this is all nonsense …
A war is won when one of the two sides fights, or one of the two sides loses all its soldiers and cannot continue the offense or defense; and I think, that is how the Castle Siege of New World should be.

If you remember point 2, assuming that now the deaths are permanent, each team has 50 soldiers, and each one of those soldiers is of vital importance, since each soldier killed will be one less asset in the War since that soldier will not return to the game until the war is over.
At this point, there isn’t much more to say: The team that runs out of soldiers or uses “Surrender” will be the losing team, and the other team will take command of that territory.

Easy, realistic, and the way I see it, much fairer than a stopwatch.
I have commented on other occasions that I play Dota 2 a lot, and I have played it at a competitive level. Dota 2 is a MOBA game with RTS touches, it has a very large learning curve, a tremendous level of depth, and is incredibly tactical; and there are games that are won in 10-15 minutes, and others that are won in +60 minutes. Sometimes defending and buying time brings you closer to victory than attacking and pressing. There are many strategies to consider in a war and I think the timer destroys some of them.

4. Being able to choose Defenses and Attack Tools before a War??

Today, if you are the Governor of a territory, you can upgrade your Castle, among other things, but … you cannot “choose” how to defend your castle. That is, you may or may not have an “Oil Trap” in your castle, but you cannot choose between several options.

I think that the defense of the castle is one of the most important things when it comes to defending it; at least it sounds pretty logical that “Defenses” are important to “Defend”. And I think there should be more “options” to defend your castle.

Some examples:

• Towers that spit fire.
  • Cannons that fire a salvo of arrows in an area.
  • Being able to place barricades with spikes outside the Castle.

This way, when War is announced in your territory, you could choose different defenses for your castle.

Similarly, Attack Tools are important to players coming to conquer.

Some examples:

• Rams. A multiplayer tool for breaking Gates faster.
  • Small caliber mobile cannons, designed to be used by 2 players.
  • Fire grenades that can be used against the Gates.

I think that all this should be a topic treated in greater depth, looking for more options so that the players can decide more precisely, what tactics they are going to use, either to defend or to attack a Castle.

5. How should the Castle “Gates” work in the middle of a War?

Moving on to point 5, let’s talk about the Castle Gates in question and how they work.
How is it possible for the defending players to enter and leave the Castle at will, keeping the Gates closed? What’s the point of this?

A Castle can have its Gates open or closed, but they are not magic portals… please, we are talking about a game from 2021, not one from year 2000 that must resort to these mechanics.

In addition, choosing whether a door is open or closed is also part of the defending team’s strategy. So they can opt for a strategy where they keep half of their melee soldiers outside the Castle while the other waits inside, and the ranged soldiers defend the Castle from the balconies. Or keep all the melee inside the Castle while you defend yourself with only weaponry and ranged soldiers, to open the doors at the last moment and take all your melee soldiers into battle, when the enemy team is already weakened. That if a defending soldier opens a door, the enemy team can sneak in.
Are a lot of things; using the castle gates as if they were portals, takes away a tactical part from the war.

And please, an animation for the doors when they are destroyed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Modifications may come to this Post in the future, and will be added as an answer and / or edit.

Remember once again, that these suggestions are my way of understanding and improving New World, and that of course any other opinion is totally valid as well. I ask for the maximum possible respect in these Posts that I am going to discuss, and if anyone wants to comment, I would ask you, please, that they read the entire Project, all Post with the Tag “[Aurora Project]” and written by me: “Lobo_Necrodes”, to understand its objective.

Thanks for your time and attention, and until next time. Greetings.

6. How should the Castle “Store” work in the middle of a War?

There is a kind of “Shop” inside the Castle that players can use in the middle of the war to buy certain items. A few mines, potions of blood, mana and others, ammunition, a few barrels of gunpowder, and little else.

I think this “Store” should be more of a “Warehouse” than a “Store”. I mean, it should be something that players should fill with supplies to get us operational for a future War; and if during the War, those resources are consumed, they run out and you have to replenish them. With that three things would be achieved:

First: Realism. I don’t think you have to explore why.
Second: Responsible consumption. What one uses affects all the others because stocks are limited, and after the War they must be replenished.
Third: More strategy when using these articles. Perhaps people in charge of using the mines or the powder kegs, and other items that are added over time.

Also, if it were me, I would add the option that the enemy can use these items against us, so if an enemy sneaks into the base and no one is protecting that “Warehouse”, it can be a double-edged sword.

7. How often should a Castle be attacked?

I think there should be no minimum time, and that is correct (I do not know if there is a minimum time at the moment, but I think not), but I do believe that the “effort” to have the right to declare a war should be a lot higher.

Having a territory in possession should be something important and with great repercussions, and the fact that every day there are Wars … it takes away all the component of being something “important”. It’s like when you were little and they let you eat pizza only on Fridays; Friday night became something special for you because it was “Pizza Day”, but if they let you eat pizza every day … in the end you don’t have a special pizza day, little by little you lose your taste and the interest in pizza, and you will also end up very fat …
The “important” things are always things that you can do rarely or that are very difficult to achieve; It is always so. There is nothing that a person considers important to him, and that he obtains it easily and every day (unless he has an addiction … in which case we would not speak of the sense of what is “important”, but of the "obsession “and” need "; but that’s another matter).

If we want the Wars for the territories to be something important and transcendental, it must be something that is only achieved once a week or similar. Otherwise, players will gradually lose interest; Black Desert is a good example of this … They also have a node conquest system, and at the beginning it was 3 days a week (if I remember correctly), and the players were crazy about that mechanic, but little by little they lost the interest because it could be done so many times that it lost all its “importance” and became somewhat repetitive. Today Pearl Abyss, the company that created Black Desert, has taken more of the Official Post commenting that they are looking for a way to make Node Wars interesting again. It is something logical, which can also happen here. We are only 3 weeks into New World and there are still many excited players who are discovering things or doing them for the first time, and that makes it fun for them, but you have to be smart and anticipate disaster, keeping the mechanics fun with Over time.

To be able to declare a War should be something difficult, that takes a long time, and with a serious and momentous War, full of important decisions and defining moments. In this way, the Wars will be something loved and desired by all, and also authentic Clans will be formed that take it seriously and full of passionate players. Of course, the rewards for obtaining a territory must be equivalent to the sacrifice for trying to obtain it, for the Clans to encourage it.

8. Who should be affected by the taxes of a conquered territory?

Speaking of taxes. I don’t understand why my own faction should tax me, at least not the same as for enemy factions.

I understand that as part of the faction, I must contribute my money so that the faction can make improvements in the city, but there are other things that I do not understand, and above all I do not understand the “amounts” of taxes.

• Enemy factions must pay 100% of the taxes applied, subtracting the -X% that each player has in that territory.
  • The allied faction must pay 100% of the taxes applied, subtracting the -X% that each player has in that territory (it is the same as for the enemy factions …).
  • The Clan of the ruling faction must pay 100% of the taxes applied, subtracting the benefit of -30% for being part of the ruling Clan, and also subtracting the -X% that each player has in that territory.

Wouldn’t it be more logical …?

• Enemy factions must pay 100% of the applied taxes, temporarily eliminating their -X% tax benefit, while that territory is ruled by an enemy faction. In other words, if an enemy faction dominates that territory, you must pay 100% of the taxes, always.
  • The allied faction must pay 100% of the taxes applied, subtracting the -X% that each player has in that territory (Up to a maximum of -50% taxes).
  • The Clan of the ruling faction must pay 75% of the taxes applied, also subtracting the -X% that each player has in that territory (Up to a maximum of -50% taxes. It can reach -75% by adding both).

I think it makes a lot more sense that way.

• Enemy factions should not have any “benefit” for being in your territory.
  • The allied faction should pay 50% tax in its best condition.
  • The Clan that dominates the territory should pay minimum taxes in their best conditions.

You would have to adjust the value of some things, I suppose, so as not to sploit them, but I honestly think that it should be.

9. How should Skills and Equipment work in PvP?

This is the point for which I most wanted to do this post; and it’s really not just about how certain elements of PvP should work in Node Wars, but in general in the whole PvP game.

As we all know by now, New World does not use a traditional Class System like most MMORPGs do (I talk about it here: [Aurora Project] Changes in “Class System”), instead using a system of “Weapons”, where you are what you equip; something a bit similar to what Guild Wars 2 does, although GW2 does have certain archetypes.

These are “general” changes to the equipment, simply by having a “context” on how these pieces of equipment should be played, this is not an equipment-centric post, so don’t expect scrupulous details.

I’ll start by talking about weapons.
I’ll use an “importance” system for stat scaling using ¹ and ², for example Dexterity¹ + Strength², this means that Dexterity¹ is your most important stat to scale, while Strength², is the second most important. If the number is repeated, for example Dexterity¹ + Strength¹, it is that both are equally important to scale the weapon. Let’s go there!

Bow:

• It should do more damage based on the maximum distance from your target. That is, the greater the distance, the more damage (logically this would have a maximum distance limit. It should reach its maximum damage point at about 100 meters, since it is the average maximum distance at which a bow generates its best impact; perhaps 150m with its corresponding passive weapon talent).
  • It should do less damage based on the minimum distance from your target. That is, the shorter the distance, the less damage (logically this would have a minimum distance limit. It should be a practically useless weapon at -3 meters, since the arrows need at least that distance to reach their optimal speed and be able to do damage) .
  • It should be a Dexterity¹ + Focus² weapon.

Musket:

• It should take considerably longer to reload.
  • It should have a considerably higher damage multiplier for headshoots.
  • It should be an Intelligence¹ + Focus² weapon.

Fire Staff:

• It should do less damage based on the maximum distance from your target. That is, the greater the distance, the less damage (logically this would have a maximum distance limit. It should reach its minimum point of damage at about 30 meters, since the fire should disappear as it suffers friction with the wind).
  • It should do more damage based on the minimum distance from your target. That is, the less distance, the greater damage (logically this would have a minimum distance limit. It should reach its maximum damage point at about 3 meters, since the fire would be generated within those 3 meters, and from then on it would lose force as the fire should dissipate as it rubs against the wind).
  • It should be an Intelligence¹ + Focus¹ weapon.

Ice Gauntlet:
Follow the same logic as Bow. Ice becomes a physical “projectile”, therefore I apply the same logic as for arrows.

• It should do more damage based on the maximum distance from your target. That is to say, the greater the distance, the more damage (logically this would have a maximum distance limit. It should reach its maximum damage point at about 50 meters, and from then on it begins to disappear).
  • It should do less damage based on the minimum distance from your target. That is, the closer the distance, the less damage (logically this would have a minimum distance limit. It should be a practically useless weapon at -3 meters, since it is the space that is needed to form the ice projectile).

Life Staff:

• It shouldn’t “shoot” anything. The “basic attacks” should be melee, being used as a “stick” to hit, and their damage should be ridiculous.
  • None of it abilities should be able to do any kind of damage. In either case, there could be an ability that absorbs the life of an enemy to grant it to allies close to that enemy, but nothing more that involves “dealing damage”.
  • Healings from various skills from various Life Staff should not stack. This is one of the biggest problems with healing in New World, because if 10 people put 10 healing areas on you, you heal from all 10 areas at the same time, and that shouldn’t be possible. If there is a second area, the healing would be amplified by (100%/2)+100% (that is, you would heal for 150% of the normal skill). If there is a third area, the healing would be amplified (100%/3)+150% (that is, you would heal for 183% of the normal skill). If there is a fourth area, it would amplify the healing (100%/4)+183% (that is, you would heal for 208% of the normal skill). And so on. Players should be able to help each other, but without overdoing it, and the heals in New World are ridiculous in most cases. The Life Staff is a “weapon” that must be balanced urgently.
  • If a player switches weapons and no longer has Life Staff as their active weapon, all of their active healing areas will disappear. In this way, a Support player will really focus on helping his team, and we eliminated the problem of Support players who are immortal and also do excessive damage.
    A Support player will heal a lot to himself, yes, but if he leaves the healing area or switches weapons, his heals will be nullified and he may possibly die. This will force him to have a remote game mode, away from problems and focused on supporting his team.

You could also add some “Lock-on Skills” for Life Staff. The “Lock-on Skill” are a type of Skill that is used in a particular way.

Let’s imagine we have a Lock-on healing skill.
First: Press the Skill key.
Second: Your pointer changes shape, and you must drag the scope over one or more targets (in this case friendly).
Third: Those objectives will be set and will stay that way. You can do it with multiple objectives until you reach the maximum number of objectives (usually 3-5 objectives).
Fourth: After a time limit, or when you press the skill button again, all previously marked targets will receive an instant healing.

Here you can see it better:

Sword:

• It should have more realistic abilities and less crazy turns and excessively fast movements … it has abilities that are even faster than Rapier; Has no sense.
  • It should be a Strength¹ + Dexterity² weapon.
    (I still have to do more tests with it to be able to contribute more)

Hatchet:

• “Berserk” mode should be a passive that consistently provides minor buffs.
  • There should be another offensive ability to take the place of “Berserk”.
  • Just like the Bow consumes arrows and the Musket consumes bullets, throwing axes should be consumable. You should be able to have less ammo than with a Bow or Musket. You should be able to pick them up when passing near the point of impact.
  • It should be a Dexterity¹ + Strength² weapon.

Rapier:

• Should have some less crazy and surreal attacks like Fleche.
  • It should be a Dexterity¹ + Intelligence¹ weapon.

Spear:

• It should be a Dexterity¹ + Strength¹ weapon.

Great Ax:

• It should be a Force¹ weapon.

War Hammer:

• It should be a Force¹ weapon.

Speaking now of the Armor:
The most common thing in New World is to see players who use weapons with a high DPS, but at the same time use the defense benefits that Heavy Armor gives them, thus being a devastating combination; That is why I will focus mainly on this, since it is the most common and the biggest problem, Classes that hit a lot and reduce a lot.

Why wouldn’t a wizard wear Heavy Armor in real life, or why wouldn’t an archer? The answer is simple, because he needs to be agile and not easily fatigued.

Wearing Heavy Armor should slow the speed of all our attacks by 25%, no matter what. Be it sword, reloading the bow, reloading the musket, using the ice glove, anything. This would also apply to speed in skill animations. This is one way to fix it.
You also have to increase the cost per dodge to 80 points for each dodge, and slow down the dodge animation.
Bonus for Heavy Armor:

• You have -15% chance of suffering CCs (Stunt, Slow, Fear, etc).
  • You have -10% CCs time on you (Stunt, Slow, Fear, etc).

On the other hand, wearing Medium Armor should be the standard. It shouldn’t give you anything too special.
Medium Armor Bonus:

• You have -5% chance of suffering CCs (Stunt, Slow, Fear, etc).
  • You have +10% Stamina Regeneration.

Regarding the Light Armor, it must have a sweet tooth for Magic Classes, but nothing else. Its resistance must be considerably less than the Medium Armor, and really inferior to the Heavy Armor, to force the players who want to use this Armor, to play at a distance; otherwise you could suffer great damage.
Light Armor Bonus:

• You have +5% Focus.
  • You have +15% Stamina regeneration.

10. Visual over-information in Node Wars?

When you enter a Node War, and the battle begins, you see like 50 Blood Sticks (HP) from 50 players. It’s all crazy, sometimes it even saturates your vision and you don’t see anything clear.

You don’t need to see everyone’s Blood at all times, you don’t even need to see 10 Blood bars … You should only see the Blood bars of those you are targeting with your screen. Maximum 3-4 people (I would put a maximum of 1-2 people).
As always, there will be players who consider this crazy, I say that it is just a matter of getting used to it, because currently we are used to having an over-information of 100,000 things on the screen in all games, and that is really crazy; in most cases, it would be unnecessary.

Another point to make … I would personally eliminate the numbers of the damage we do. It would remove it from the game entirely. It is another piece of information that we do not need, and that we are simply used to seeing it all the time; It is something so sick that it has even reached single target games that have never needed them, like Horizon Zero Dawn, for example.
Seeing an enemy’s Blood bar and seeing that it is dropping is more than enough. In every MMORPG game I play I always disable this option, and I have +17 years of World Of Warcraft, +10 years of Guild Wars 2, +7 years of Black Desert, and many more, really many, many more, and I have never I needed to see the exact number that I am hitting, and I have always been one of the players who has done the most damage, and I have always been recognized by other players.
You don’t need to see a number on the screen, all you need is to educate yourself and give your 100% at all times, and out of combat and wars, do tests and train, that’s enough.

I imagine that not many have read the full post up to here, but if you are one of them, let me tell you something. First of all, I want to give you my sincere congratulations for having read the post to the end; it is not usual for a player to be so interested in a game and its possible change and evolution. Secondly, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having decided to invest your time in me, in knowing my opinions. And thirdly, simply to remind you that this is my personal opinion and that it does not have to coincide with yours; We can both have different visions and respect each other.
As for myself, I make this content because I really enjoy it, and I love to imagine how New World could become with all these changes; imagine what it would be like to be able to play it in a more tactical, realistic and fun way, where what we players do really has a bearing; something that we have been asking videogames for since the beginning of its history, and something that seems to never arrive … I hope New World will finally hit the table, and do all those things that nobody has dared to do until now, changing the paradigm of MMORPGs like Blizzard did in 2004 with their World of Warcraft, because I really believe that Amazon is a company capable of achieving this milestone.

Without further ado, I say goodbye. It’s already 9:30AM in the morning… I started talking with my friend around 10:00PM yesterday, 11 and a half hours ago, we spent the whole early morning talking, and around 4:30AM I was encouraged to write this post, so it’s already quite a few hours and I really want to sleep XD

But the [Aurora Project] does not end here, you have many other posts to inform you about all my suggestions for new World, and more to come in the future. You can visit the complete project by clicking on the big blue link that you will find at the beginning and at the end of the post, and in each answer you make with updates.

Greetings and until next time!

Modifications may come to this Post in the future, and will be added as an answer and / or edit.

Remember once again, that these suggestions are my way of understanding and improving New World, and that of course any other opinion is totally valid as well. I ask for the maximum possible respect in these Posts that I am going to discuss, and if anyone wants to comment, I would ask you, please, that they read the entire Project, all Post with the Tag “[Aurora Project]” and written by me: “Lobo_Necrodes”, to understand its objective.

Thanks for your time and attention, and until next time. Greetings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.