Auto Ban Bot! EXTREME reporting EXPLOIT!

there is a player named TTV Maglumbis and he is telling me that Amazon banned him because people just reported him a lot for having TTV in his name, the appeals team hasn’t reached out to him for days now and he ha tried to reach out 5 times now and unsuccessful, can you guys help this guy, let’s make this a Serious and ACTIVE SUBJECT! Amazon needs to fix these issues, this guy and players should not be PENALIZED TO a BAN just for having TTV in there name, Amazon should not be banning players unjustly like this, this is a very good way to earn a very bad reputation for being a reliable company to customers and now MMO players, contact this guy, his name on the forum is Flubuska

11 Likes

Considering that Amazon owns Twitch… I see no reason they would ban him simply for having TTV in his name. Promoting a product for them, for free.
He was likely ban for something else.

2 Likes

Apparently people report others a lot that have TTV in there name because people don’t like it, people being buttholes you know, well anyways it doesn’t matter if amazon owns twitch or not, enough reports automatically mean a ban, it doesn’t matter if you did nothing wrong or not, heck there is some companies in New World reporting all other company Leaders that go up against them and get them banned, they just tell there 100-300 members between them and there alliance companies to report all the leaders of the other companies on opposite faction, so they get the competition banned and they get to own the map, this is happening more than you think. Players in New World are Abusing the ban system in a serious and impactful way that is effecting other players gameplay and effecting how people feel toward New World in a serious way, this is a problem right now and Amazon needs to change there banning policy so players cannot abuse the system.

3 Likes

Bots ban players if a player gets enough reports, simple as that, it doesn’t matter if a players or a company reports you because they don’t like the way your face looks, they can report you can get you auto bot banned just by mass reporting because they feel like it, like I have said, this reporting system is being abused very hard right now and it’s actually being used in a cheating method when companys can mass report other company competitor leaders and get them Bot banned just so they can remove there competition.

5 Likes

Thought all bans where done by people. lies again amazon…

6 Likes

I want to apologize for Moderator_z, I am not sure why they believe we are using bots to moderate but we will investigate this disconnect.
We are using EAC for folks detected to be cheating, maybe they were confused on the differences between that and how in-game Code of Conduct reports are processed.
I will work with them and their team to make sure they aren’t providing conflicting information in the future.

5 Likes

@NW_Mugsy So you’re saying, with 100% certainty, that there is NO automated ban system in place? Regardless of how many reports are submitted against a person, there is NO system that will hand out a temporary ban without user input? So EVERY instance of a player being banned has been an active decision by a New World mod/admin/user after they reviewed EVERY applicable report?

4 Likes

I just want to be simple on my explanation, so there is a policy system in Amazon, and you have stated that there is a system that detects players doing certain things and this said specific, detection system for banning players, many players are getting banned by companys, I have heard a lot about how when a company goes to war with another company, they just mass report the competitor company leader the day before the battle and the system detects this and this leader gets false banned, so that leader will have to appeal and that is a 24-48 hour wait time, so this way the company eliminated there competition for the next day and they win the territory. A lot of players are false reporting and this detection system where it detects a player getting reported a lot and just auto bans them, than they need to go through a appeal process.
You guys need to change this, Amazon does. There needs to not be any Auto ban for a player getting mass reported, there needs to be a system where if a player gets mass reported, the player is placed automatically on a 48-72 hour MUTE while Amazon support investigates the reports and let the actual human being people do the suspending or banning themselves, this way players can continue to play the game as a muted player and they don’t get angry from unjustified reporting, if the players reporting are legitimately reporting then let the human being that investigates do the suspension or ban, until than, let players play the game as a MUTED player on a 48-72 Time period.
Many players get angry when unjustly banned from false reporting and this detection system, I just explained to you what needs to be done, this will remove player anger in the ban aspect. Players would be much happier being Muted for 72 hours and being able to play the game, while reports are being investigated and this being investigated for legitimacy than an outright system ban for bans whether they are legitimate or false, and right now there is a lot more false banning going on than legitimate banning, so much abusing to the report system right now.

Than why are many company leaders complaining that competitor companys mass report any competitor company leader the day before a war and get them bot banned so they have to go through a appeal process and that way the company that got competitor company leader banned wins the territory, this is happening in a lot of aspects and factors in New World, my friend got banned because he had TTV in his name, people kept whispering him telling him they don’t like TTV and they are reporting him, so he got banned and than he had to do a 24-48 hour appeal process and he got unbanned, this is UNJUSTIFIED reporting, this is happening hardcore.

Normally you shouldn’t have to do this, but there are threads upvoted into the thousands every day on reddit about players being banned conveniently right before war. Is it possible they are lying about what they really did? I don’t know, perhaps, but it’s gotten so crazy on reddit someone needs to step in with an official statement to clear all this up, or like other games have done in the past, a community manager/dev/someone reply back to those threads on what the player actually did to get banned (That is, if they aren’t being truthful). Or you guys need to simply come out and admit mistakes on incorrect bans whether it’s through an automated system, or through human error. It’s gotten too big to ignore at this point.

3 Likes

I agree, the ban issue is a MASSIVE thing on Reddit and for players right now, Amazon needs to step in and figure out how to fix this.

1 Like

Probably the best solution would be to have explicit information in the ban notice, like a sample of the chat log or a detailed explanation of the violation. I think the lack of information is confusing and frustrating. I am working with the team to improve this for players.

17 Likes

So you’re saying every single ban is manually verified and approved? Every. Single. One?

Then you need to hire better people to verify and come up with better and clearer guidelines for what is a banworthy offense.

4 Likes

If you need someone to review logs against the code of conduct for about 2 hours a day, sounds like a great job. Can I be the person that responds to someone who complains about a ban and prove them liars!! That would be fun.

1 Like

RIP Mod_Z you are one of the best on the whole forum through pre-release. Suspended.

Yes. Easy Anti-Cheat is for cheats.

That is neither here nor there in the conversation of mass false reports. Which if review by a human like you keep stating, they wouldn’t make their errors in the bans. They would clearly see the chat-log reported and see nothing wrong happened and they wouldn’t be banned.

2 Likes

So, you are saying with 100% certainty beyond a reasonable doubt that no bans are automated? What happens if a bunch of people mass report someone for cheating? There are no automated bans? What about for an offensive name, spamming in chat, etc? In no circumstance are there automated bans?

2 Likes

Well we have requested a SAR request from amazon based on this. Shall see what we get!

1 Like

It’s confusing and frustrating and I haven’t even been a part of this report stuff. I feel like everyone should just be afraid if any small group of players can just outright instantly ban anyone they want without any reason.

And the victim has to go through a convoluted appeals process. While the offender can enjoy instant short term benefits without reprecussions.

Yeah explicit information in the bans is VERY IMPORTANT. This not only protects the people getting wrongly banned, it protects the company by reinforcing their case for banning the player.

Right now players are reporting that they got banned before a war and no real information outside of the report reason is given to the person who was banned. This information just LOOKS like automation on its face.

If its attention farming scum who are drumming up victimhood when they were clearly in the wrong, transparency in the ban reason protects AGS. This is why calls are recorded in business settings and why drivers have dash cams in their company vehicles.

6 Likes

@NW_Mugsy This is interesting in relation to your response.

9 Likes

Wowwwwww I guess amazon lies to make it seem like they don’t have automatic bots banning people. What a company.

3 Likes