Azoth Staff components stuck in inventory after receiving Azoth Staff

• What is your character name in New World: Loganogy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: For a couple weeks now, three quest items have persisted in my inventory after I completed the quest to assemble the azoth staff. I’m not able to drop them and I don’t think they’re meant for another quest. They are the runed haft, silver crosspiece, and the angry earth seed.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Taking up room in inventory (no weight, so not a big deal)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: you can see at the bottom right of my inventory in the image that I still have the listed items.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I think one would just have to go through the main quest until they assemble the azoth staff, then see if the pieces persist in their inventory. I don’t remember the name of the quest though.
  • When did this happen? (Relative time; please include your timezone): Probably on the week of the 23rd or 16th, don’t know when specifically.
1 Like

Same bug

Heya, Loganogy!

Thank you for reporting this. I just want to let you know that I have properly documented and submitted this game behavior to our team for further investigation. At the moment, we cannot make any promises about a definite fix. Though please stay tuned on our official channels to make sure that you would not miss any update.

Thanks a lot for your help. Have a great one!

@Magva I have some extra info that might help your investigation. During the quest “Forging the Azoth Staff”, the runed haft (quest item) is obtained from a chest. If you loot this chest, wait for the chest to respawn, and loot it again, you will get a second runed haft. Then when you turn in the quest, 1 runed haft is removed from your inventory. The only way to remove the runed haft from inventory is by completing the quest, so once it is complete, the second runed haft is stuck.

I also have a potential solution. Rather than making quest items unable to be dropped or dismantled, the quest itself should protect its own quest items from being dropped and dismantled. That way, once the quest is complete, any extra copies of quest items can be removed freely.

I’d also like to add, this bug has been the worst thing ever and I hate it. I would like this game a lot more if this bug was fixed, like a lot more.

Same bug here
WhiteU
Dry Tree