Ban these streamers for Exploits

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: N/A
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: N/A
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Streamers are openly exploiting and encouraging use of exploits with external software
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes PVP or PVE extremely unbalanced and unfair by cheating with an exploit
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, it is not avoidable.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Exploiter number 1 “snipernamedg” on twitch:

snipernamedg using macro software exploit

Exploiter number 2 “solidfps” on twitch:

solidfps exploiting cheat software

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: They are using external macro software to cheat in New World.

Please consider permanently banning these users (solidfps and snipernamedg) not only for using cheats themselves, but also openly sharing and encouraging thousands of other players to do it too.

15 Likes

imagine this, they been doing it for long time and they have the strongest gears now and way far ahead than all of us, it probaly will be fixed in like 9-12 months or intended mechanics

Good luck, knowing AGS they aren’t going to do anything here, at this point even temp bans would suffice, just to show that using this kind of software isn’t allowed, but you can only hope for so much.

Ban would be unfair. There are people who can do it without a macro and would probably be banned for that. The simplest solution would be to set a cooldown, for example 2 seconds, to switch weapons. There are now so many posts on it with other titles.

Here is a video, this is not mine.

3 Likes

So what we’ve concluded, possibly, is that AGS doesn’t want to hurt their game because of a lot of people watch streamers play their game?

If AGS doesn’t ban these people, we’re all allowed to cheat.

I don’t and won’t because I like playing RPG games and earning it all, but if these people don’t get any consequences and we can conclude that from them constantly playing New World on twitch, then you’ll know AGS stance on cheating is they don’t care, or the issue is too hard to solve for them.

GG. This is a huge turn off and i spent over 100$ on cosmetics already. I think I’m going to go do some homework and take this off my mind.

1 Like

its over, everyones doing it, doesnt really matter anymore

face palm Let’s hope they solve these issues.

we have roll + weapon swap since OBT. Why similar animation cancellation should be bannable?
Okay, 2nd guy showing his macro. But 1st guy? I dont see reason for ban

This life staff is the lit shit, i made a macro that shoots out like 5 orbs per second :joy::joy:

1000+ per hit

Nice entertain before i uninstall this garbage game

1 Like

May they should fix their shit instead ban people for shit they didint fixxed and not found while quality assurance testing.

3 Likes

EDIT: macros are keyboard sequences that are performed by third-party software that is not apart of the games code. Which you agree to not do per the games terms of use

2 Likes

It’s an insane stretch to say that using a macro like is cheating.
If this isn’t allowed, it shouldn’t be possible to do.

It’s in violation per the terms you agree to when you play the game. But you aren’t the first person who doesn’t read these things…

2 Likes

No, it’s not a violation of the terms.

From the New World website: Code of Conduct

I agree. Several critical exploits that fucked up the economy and balance. If fixed now will create an even bigger gap between who used it for a long time and who just started. The only option is for me is play like an offline solo game and wait for new servers after all the fixes in the future (#hope).

3. Play fair

Do: play within the rules of the game.

Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.

Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.

Nothing there seems to really cover macros. Could you elaborate?

1 Like

I sure hope AGS does something about this. Maybe with a bit of work they can implement something before this gets too out of hand. I honestly didn’t know this was a thing until I saw someone doing it with double life staff. This is a prime example of why I dont care for animation cancelling to do things. Honestly started getting used to it but had a suspicion that this was gonna happen before too long.

As for action against people that are doing it, thats up to the team but for those that are publicly posting it and such, I say they deserve a ban. No if, ands or buts. They are making it public for those to do it and regardless of them meaning to “get the issue fixed”, there is no message about them reporting it to AGS or anything. I recall when DisguistedToast did something of similar thing on Heathstone but reported it to Blizzard. He still got a temporary ban but these people here, no. As far as this goes, they did not report it, they streamed it in front of an audience and even a youtube post on how to do it. This calls for some reprimand and in my opinion, I say hard ban. If they want to play then they need to do it like everyone else and stop looking for ways to get around the intended gameplay.

1 Like