Better PvP by completely separating player influence over Settlements

@Zin_Ramu

This would solve a lot of issues. Here are just some of the benefits:

• Without Company ownership of a Settlement, there would no longer be any compelling reason to kick anyone from the roster simply to fill it with Company members.
    As soon as the rosters are filled, the War starts.
    Players who contributed to that Settlement’s PvP missions get more priority into the rosters and can bump out players with less or no PvP mission contribution.

• Wars no longer need to be limited in frequency or only to occur at a specific time chosen by some player

• Without Company ownership of Settlements, any shady dealings or win-trading involving Settlement control become impossible. Selling Tax money through RMT becomes impossible. It is a waste of AGS time to have to investigate these types of reports as there could be many hidden angles; and by the time any action is taken, which may require a very subjective judgment call, the damage may already be done long ago and irreversible.

• With the map always divided to roughly be equal to all Factions, there is no longer any need for “underdog faction bonus” of any kind.
    If a faction is in fact under-represented on a Server, they won’t have enough to fill the War roster and that War simply won’t launch.

• Server merges are easier because there is no longer any need to arbitrate who retains ownership of a Settlement after a merge, because no one will own any Settlements.

• Players will be encouraged to play in more parts of the map, according to where the Factions are located that week.

• Currently, Wars exclude most of the PvP population. Compared to Outpost Rush where most of the PvP population can actually participate.

Aside from PvP issues, separating players from Settlement influence also resolves other problems:

• Griefing through embezzlement and server transfer become impossible. E.g., Cases such as Aukumea and Aeaea .
  • There are also for example economic issues that can be solved. In various servers, the active population will determine how many Settlements are actually viable to sustain. Companies have already posted about trying to relinquish Settlement control because they can’t afford upkeep. All that can be bypassed and Settlement taxes dynamically adjusted to servers based on active populations, depending on what is needed as a coin sink.
  • All server populations become viable if cross-server queues are added to Outpost Rush and possibly somehow to Wars and Invasions as well.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

• Remove Company influence and ownership over Settlements. Existing owners can be given 100k gold into the Company treasury, same as the cost of buying a settlement.
  • On a weekly basis, randomize faction control over Settlements so that the factions are roughly equal.
  • Wars have zero effect on a Settlement (not even changing the faction). They will just be instanced events.
  • Every day, only THREE settlement zones have PvP, one for each faction. This focuses the PvP population, increasing the chance of more PvP action.

APPENDIX Video Game Reviews, Walkthroughs, Cheats, and Mods: Necessary changes to New World’s Settlement system (gq-game-mods.blogspot.com)

12 Likes
Allow companies to challenge their faction for ownership of territories
Everyone hate proxy-companies and servers dying, besides the players inside those companies, so... [+ SOLUTION]
How to Fix PvP & PvE - Suggestions welcome
Trolling in invasions
Cantahar Server Chaos
Please do something for guilds not investing in their territories
Weapon balance feedback
The Story of Aukumea (NA West) How a server was murdered
Company Leaders shouldnt be able to take all the money
My dead server is being destroyed by invasions
Can we please have some sort of ETA regarding server merges?
Town upkeep, PvE Invasions! Please read!
Company Leaders who own cities are dirty
Read this! code of conduct being violated!
It is unbearable playing on a full server
Wars Need a MAJOR patch ASAP to be enjoyable and to avoid GMs Quiting the game
Companies ruining servers then leaving
Dead servers barely playable anymore
There is a bot running pvp quests against us in Windsward
Territory expropriation by server merging RNG, a poor decision by AGS's
How are you compensating loyal players?
Fundamental Game Design Question: How can minority factions succeed?
Companies charging gold to not get kicked in invasions
Guilds making too much gold on taxes, Corrupt Guild Leaders, and a proposed solution?
Server Merges urgently needed
Invasions are Killing Off Small Servers
There are servers ruled by single companies, they own all cities
Creating several companies to increase odds of succeding at war declaration
Exploit of Tax reduction
Looks like a lot of healers plan on quitting
Elysian Member Admits Everfall Governor Sells Coin Online
Our WHOLE SERVER is DYING, we are not MERGED. Explaining post
[Proposal] - Town Management Changes
Changes to the system of accumulating money for owning a city
This game needs War Cooldowns
The consequence of the server merger is a horror for me
[Suggestion] REMOVE Kick Option from Wars and Invasions
Is it fair? Was the game designed to be like this?
Please address this common company exploit. PLEASE!
Settlement Wars are actually NOT what players want
Server merge is a total screwjob
Elites are controlling entire servers
There's no point anymore
War - participation
Dominant company brags about selling WW/EF gold for real money
Smallest population and less territory factions should get benefits
Please for the love of god start banning bots
Company trading territories by blocking all potentail defenders
Windsward got wintraded
I'm forced to defend my territory at Christmas while AGS is in holiday
Snowballing effect leads to little sense of accomplishment for pve
New world is dead
Is war broken? Who's server is dominated by one faction?
Housing tax and the elephant in the room
I dislike big servers, does anyone else feel the same way?
Causal Wars/Invasions, sooner rather than later!
Planned Invasions Exploits
Suggestions to Fix Territory Warfare Killing Servers & Playerbase
Mega Guilds and Rmt Farms. Ags intervene now!
Change the company gold withdrawal ability or remove companies from owning towns
Politics and territory control - suggestions
And so my watch has ended
Bots and gold sellers took over a town
AG wants to lose more players, before doing something with the monopoly companies
Companies making trading & tradeskills impossible impacting ability to pvp
Every picture tells a story, don't it
Govenor Exploiting ability to kick people out of Invasions so only their Company can participate
Handling of Bots and Gold Sellers
Frislandia Company x RM x Cheating With Documentation
Do not increase expertise
Significant PVP/Invasion/Settlement Governing Overhaul - A braindump
Housing Taxes - AGS is showing untrusting behavior
Turn war into plunders and poaching. Steal coins passed a cap of income on territories
I would like a server where you can only play in PVP mode
Super-companies are going to kill what's left of the game
Celadon/US West, Company creating alts in other factions to manipulate war with Kick/Bans
Silence kills the game
System of territories
[Community Feedback] What could be a good system to incorporate for the, "Faction Balance," Topic?
Add 'War Mode' Plz!
West Coast Merging
War and domination of 50 people over the server
US West is dead, free region transfers needed
Paid tokens and game is dieing
Road Map, Nothing about Outworld PvP
Influence push needs rework ASAP
Faction balance is pretty bad on all US East servers
New World 2.0 - The PvE players perspective thread
Mega companies are destroying the game
Everyone hate proxy-companies and servers dying, besides the players inside those companies, so... [+ SOLUTION]
Private Worlds With Amazon Prime
Hours of pushing wasted
Should Shell Companies be a bannable offense?
Remove gold income from town ownership
So... are shell companies technically Breaking the Code of Conduct?
Remove gold income from town ownership
Fix war/territory ownership
Fix war/territory ownership
Merge complainers, like, why?
Limit a character's war participation per week?
"Ags" hear us. make +1. Make war territory into faction wars!
Shell companys = BAN
Mega companies are destroying the game
WHEN are we adding "war exhaustion"?
2500 hours in New World - time to say goodbye. Leaving some gentle thoughts to the dev team
2500 hours in New World - time to say goodbye. Leaving some gentle thoughts to the dev team

I’m assuming this is a troll post but I’ll take the bait I suppose. So your idea to improve PvP and war is to remove one of the main aspects of the game and make wars meaningless? I’m sorry but if you don’t like the territory control meta game, in a game completely designed around factions fighting for territories you’re playing the wrong game.

1 Like

Except the existing territory control mechanics have so many drawbacks. As I outlined and you obviously didn’t bother to read.
Drawbacks that others have complained about many times in other threads.

1 Like

Don’t worry I read your whole post. It’s true the territory control meta game has some issues to be ironed out. However your solution was to get rid of rid of it entirely.

When making a suggestion on any game you should be keeping the core values of the game in mind. Realize that what the game is striving for may simply not be to your taste and that’s okay.

AGS has made it pretty clear their intent in this game is to have PvP and player influence in the world one of the main selling points. No matter what there will always be drama, backstabbing and shady deals but that’s just what you get with actual people involved in the game world.

Once Outpost Rush finally gets going, Wars will be deprecated anyway. They exclude so much of the PvP population whereas Outpost Rush is basically signing up to get a payout.
The current system will get starved to death on top of bringing so many bad situations.
Without the type of overhaul I suggested, owpvp and Wars simply can’t compete.
On top of that you have the headache of scrounging up coin to pay for a fully upgraded Settlement. Which I should add to my list as yet another inconvenience.

The devs have other ideas, bad as they are, and it will take more players leaving before they implement this change or modify how towns are conrolled.

The devs were told about the griefing that would happen with towns with taxes and companies
stealing gold and they ignored it. The only thing I can see is that the devs are fixated on wanting New World to be like EVE online, something that will never happen as the game will die before it becomes popular for the pvp.

Your post shows the same common sense that many tried to impress upon the devs deaf ears to no avail. The devs will wait until the population has dropped so far, but the changes will come to late.

It is the same scenario with the person you tell not to put their hand on the stove because it is on, the devs will still try to make the pvp work at the expense of pve as they are doing now, and like the person that still goes over and puts their hand on a hot burner after being told not to, they never learn the lesson or take common sense advice.

3 Likes

Would definitely be a huge improvement to the game. Unfortunately modern MMO players cannot be trusted with any power over other players. The biggest issue is bad actors cannot be dealt with in the ways which moderate them in other mediums. In real life if someone is doing the equivalent of griefing you can kick them out of your pick-up game or toss them out of your softball league unless the majority of people is actually ok with and wants that behavior to be allowed. Online behavior is moderated in very black-and-white, flawed ways based on idiotic criteria like word usage, which can be automated, rather than the holistic approach necessary for proper moderation. The sad result of this is that bad actors have all of the power as the only response to them is to remove your own self or selves from the equation, and that is true even if it is the majority that would like them gone. You are forced by play with them and essentially act as human content against your will unless you want to quit the game entirely.

There are two possible solutions: one is an immense dedication to active moderation where behavior is treated as it is in real life and using expletives is neither here nor there but doing things like abusing exploits will see you or your organization permanently banned, while the other is limiting player influence over the game experience of other players to an absolute minimum. It would be amazing to see a company commit to the first option even one time, as I think, long-term, the net moderation costs would not be as wildly exorbitant as it would seem they’d be at first glance. The reason you don’t need every single interaction in real life moderated is because people understand that transgressions will be and so they moderate themselves. If you aggressively expel people who are griefing by common-sense metrics, and people realize that something being technically possible no longer means it is de facto permissible, people will start actually thinking in real terms about what is and isn’t ok to do and moderate themselves as they do outside of the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.