Blunderbuss - Grit?

Is blunderbuss going to be the only ranged weapon in the game with active grit on all of its shots?

Looking through the strength perks, basically none of them will apply if it is ranged, so I have to assume AGS has taken this into consideration and coded it as a melee weapon with just long range “swings”?

Either way - this passive and whether or not it is active + the elemental gem bug that reduces damage from elemental skills will decide a lot about how many viable builds the weapon has. And of course whether or not it rolls thwarting strikes.

due to the fine blade that ags displays in balancing, this sounds more like a threat than a useful addition to the current weapons.

The Blunderbuss is a ranged weapon that offers high-mobility coupled with potent close-to-mid range damage. It’s the first weapon to scale on strength and intelligence, making it a good companion for bruiser or mage builds.

Adventurers will be able to progress through two weapon mastery trees, allowing the player to choose between two distinct playstyles.

• The Containment tree is all about closing the gap and unloading hot lead into your enemy’s face.
  • Conversely, the Chaos tree focuses on keeping your distance and bombarding areas with explosive AoE damage.

but i’m sure this is the weapon i’ve wanted all along, what the musket should have been.
and i’m also sure i would be completely op for the first 3 months (like void gauntlet).

Crying in Dex melee build . Guess I’ll keep my sub-optimal bow secondary

wait where you seeing that it gets grit or not?

chances are it wont.

300 str is probably not going to be valuable for it. (based off the guy that tried to use 300STR Voidblades.

and most likely nether will int past 150

this weapon most likely wont benifit from ether STR or INT attribute thresholds. not that it might not need it.

Basically its a secondary weapon in the sense that whatever atribute you max will be based on your other weapon instead of this one.

Though IG blunderbuss close ranged DPS or FS blunderbuss long range artilery sounds disgusting.

otherwise it could be GA or WH range closer on max STR.

Im not - I’m asking a question because the answer really dictates the path the weapon takes.

If yes - it’s going to be busted with grit and likely balanced assuming it always has grit active.

If no - Is it scaling with any strength perks? Everything other than 10% damage to CC’d targets and stamina recover during lights is tied to melee.

1 Like

got you.

99% sure blunderbuss wont get grit as that threshold only works on melee.

this was tested with a VG by some one a while back because they tried to see if it worked with the VG Void blade ability.

the str / int scaling makes no sense at all. they should make it str / dex to complement more melee builds.
int already has a ton of range weapons. why add another one?

it made more issues (along with rapier and musket) as int has almost nothing in its attribute thresholds that actually help any of those weapons.

because there is not a single strength int weapon in the game. Stop being selfish - there are two ranged weapons for dex to choose from. If those suck, buff them first.

@desubot They benefit from 10% magic damage on the gem, 5% light attack damage on the gem, 10% crit damage overall, and the increased dot duration. Nearly every bubble on int works for those weapons.

gems change it to magic attacks?

then maybe. just gotta hope we dont get into another sticky (bomb) situation.

200 doesn’t help and i dont know if 250 affects it ether.

but then even the 10% magic damage increase is 10% off of 50% of the weapon no? it feels pretty weak.

1 Like

That is the elemental bug gem bug I am mentioning. It affects all elemental damage build in to a gemmed weapon.

And yes gem damage is magic weapon damage.

right. ether way still exciting.

I find it exciting, but think a str/int hybrid weapon is either going to highlight how superior str is as a stat or how dumb the perk bubbles are for only scaling with melee. My guess is this ends up coded as a melee weapon with just crazy range.

adding another high mobility weapon to mage builds will kill this game. its not about being “selfish”.

its getting real old having my main weapon still be considered the mages off hand :confused:

What mage weapon has high mobility? Light roll isnt an ability and burnout is like a D tier movement ability with no grit.

both IG and VG have no movement and rapier is primarily dex and generally isn’t used competitively with anything other than fire. Even that is now suffering for obvious reasons

So yes you’re being selfish. And you’re either ignorant and lying about int mobility.

my guess one tree will mainly use str, the other tree will mainly use int.

As in they only scale off of str OR int? doesnt seem like they would do that if it is all contributing towards damage.

Anything short of that wont have anything to do with the stat if the str passives dont apply.

probably.

im guessing from the leaked icons.

Grappling hook
Net
Pen shot
BOMBS
spread shot
and grape shot

will be the main attacks

well they said one tree is close range the other is far aoe attacks… it could be possible they scale aoe off int and close range off str