Bots - They are a HUGE problem

Dear New World community managers and developers,

Can you please advise the entire player-base on what we can do to help combat against the bots?

Reporting them isn’t doing anything, and I just saw a level 42 factionless bot running around farming motes. (I report them as soon as I figure out they are a bot: see below)

I also see the same 3 bots outside of Everfall, every single day, regardless of time I log in… farming wood. All 3 are now over level 35.

Every single bot is factionless, so they’re fairly easy to spot. And if you follow them around for even 30 seconds, you can see the pattern the bot is following.

Thanks,
-Everyone on every server

EDIT: Dear AGS, if you need help, I’m willing to volunteer my time to help look at player driven bot reports. We need something in place to help combat this nonsense. (If you need a reference, I’m a former community moderator for the game SOS by Outpost Games)

29 Likes

They just tell us each time to report them and they will be dealt with by the moderation team.

3 Likes

Oh I know. But the reporting doesn’t do anything as they are now hitting mid level 40s. lol

7 Likes

I suspect that devs don’t have enough people to manually verify bot reports so they choose to leave it aside for as long as they can.

If you wrongfully automatically permaban someone for botting, thats a huge mistake. If you keep bots running, thats an internal issue that won’t have as much backlash. Worst case scenario you’ll have threads like these, that can be promptly ignored.

5 Likes

I made a big post about this and had videos of multiple different bots and the post was hidden and lock. I also lost access to my fourms account for over 2 weeks because nothing was being done about the bots and i posted a message about nothing being done. So talkin about bots on these fourms is risky biz

6 Likes

I believe you commented on my bot thread lol

3 Likes

yes, i remember your post. Such a shame that efforts like that go to waste

3 Likes

Can everyone Tag @Kay and ask why the post was hidden and the forum account was blocked.

1 Like

I’d rather not tag community moderators. That seems like a one-way ticket to getting muted.

1 Like

i try report all of them .but nothing happen . they not banned

1 Like

Shoo, conspiracy troll

1 Like

Game companies leave robots, scripts, and studios unattended to the detriment of normal players’ enjoyment of the game ,Even so, there’s nothing they can do about it. Game manufacturers don’t seem to be able to do anything about it. Moreover, there are a lot of robots in the new village fighting pirates for gold, which has been going on for a long time

Kay is not in charge of the forums

1 Like

Yeah they are pretty useless brother, we kept an eye on all bots we reported via the block menu and most are still around.

2 Likes

No developer does, anymore. They depend on detection algorithms to smash bots, but AGS doesn’t seem to have anything that can detect more than an autoclicker.

I mean, you’d think they could track players who have been online for 24 hours straight, in the same small area doing the same thing and just ban them. Or level 30+ with no faction and/or very limited PoI discovery (i.e., they’re always in the same small area.) Hell, there are level 30’s who have never left the newbie beaches…they just path in a loop killing the level 2 mobs for gold drops. How many weeks have they been there to get to level 30+ two XP points at a time?

It can’t be that hard, can it? Just set some parameters, smash anyone who meets them, and process the appeals.

1 Like

I hate them and have also posted about them AND report every single one I see yet NOTHING happens. So…at this point it seems they fully endorse this behavior. In that case, can anyone recommend a place where one can acquire these tasty bots? I mean, like kicking from invasions so company’s can have only their own people, or shutting down the economy while promising a make good and not delivering, or shutting down a trade like furniture crafting and ignoring please for help…seems tos if pretty flexible

The post was hidden for “witch hunting” and my fourms account was basically deleted with no information, was just gone kept trying to log in everyday kept getting the create new account screen and finally about 2 weeks later i finally was able to log back into my account.

The reason my account was in such a state was because after my bot thread was locked and hidden i created another post calling out the devs for doing nothing.

I lost access to the fourms for 2 weeks maybe little longer, wasnt fun.

Idk if youll be able to see it but here is my thread

I cant confirm if they removed these bots ive shown but i havent seen them around so they may have taken care of these one so thank you for that devs

But ive seen atleast 20 different bots since and it really pisses me off but ive just come to realize even if they remove some more will come. Idk what they can do about that.

Was farming azoth water in reekwater the other day and had a level 11 bot farming azoth water and some motes around the area. I tried to get the bot killed but i couldnt find a single add close enough to this bots route…

1 Like

Idk. The bots are some servers revenue. Until we get merges, speak for yourselves.

On Mag Mell, it is impossible for ocean fish in Restless because literally every hotspot has a bot that has been camping it for weeks, and I have reported them daily.

What I cannot figure out is why AGS lied to the players saying bots are being banned in a dev post, when players obviously see the same bots running the same circuits, and being reported multiple times daily. Do they think that the players are so stupid as believe bots are being dealth with, when the players can see they are not?

1 Like

Logged in again today.
Still saw the same bots.
Still reported them.
Guess I’ll see these bots again tomorrow.

3 Likes