Bow buffs in ptr

Explosive arrow

• The “Splinter Shot” ability has had a complete rework and is now “Explosive Arrow”:
    • Explosive Arrow - Fire an arrow that will explode on impact dealing 50% weapon damage on hit, and an additional 125% damage to all targets within a 2.5m radius.
    • Flame Arrow - Direct Explosive Arrow hits inflict Burn, dealing 8% weapon damage every second for 10s.
    • Contained Detonation - Explosion damage increased to 150% damage, but AOE radius is decreased to 1.5m.
    • Updated the Empowering Splinter Shot Perk text to state Empowering Explosive Arrow, functionality for the perk remains the same.“

Immagine

3 Likes

Guess you didn’t see the massive nerfs to poison and penetrating???

1 Like

so just swap out the poison one with this exploding one.

loss of staggers is annoying but it was also annoying to get hit by it so whatever.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with the changes and I like new fire arrow. Just wouldn’t call this a blanket buff. :slight_smile:

its a side grade if anything.

big buff though to rapid shot animation cancel.

wish perforate got that treatment but whatever.

2 Likes

Currently:

• Splinter Shot - Shoot an arrow that splits into 3 arrows after traveling 10m. Each arrow deals 50% weapon damage. This ability cannot headshot.
    • Scatter shot - Splinter shot splits into 5 arrows.
    • Calculated - Each arrow that hits reduces the cooldown of this ability by 10%.

PTR:

• Reduced “Poison Shot’s” “Direct Hit” passive’s damage from 150% → 100%.
  • Removed stagger from “Penetrating Shot”.
  • The “Splinter Shot” ability has had a complete rework and is now “Explosive Arrow”
  • Updated the Empowering Splinter Shot Perk text to state Empowering Explosive Arrow, functionality for the perk remains the same.“

Explosive Arrow - Fire an arrow that will explode on impact dealing 50% weapon damage on hit, and an additional 125% damage to all targets within a 2.5m radius.

• Flame Arrow - Direct Explosive Arrow hits inflict Burn, dealing 8% weapon damage every second for 10s.
  • Contained Detonation - Explosion damage increased to 150% damage, but AOE radius is decreased to 1.5m.

Compare this to poison shot too.

Poison Shot - Shoot a poison arrow that deals 50% weapon damage. On hit or land, this arrow creates 3m radius poison cloud that lasts 6s. Foes entering the cloud are poisoned and take 10% weapon damage per second for 20s. This ability cannot headshot.

• Infected Arrows - Poison Shot’s poison now does 12% weapon damage per second for 20s.
  • Direct Hit - Direct hits against targets are more powerful and now deal 100% weapon damage.

Reducing poison shot was good because of how fast you can use it, the combos you can use with it, and how much damage it does currently.

Removing the stagger from penetrating shot was probably in response to the amount of damage it currently does and players saying the bow is over tuned.

How is this not a buff? Who even uses splinter shot? It seems like this is even better than poison shot with the trade off being you do less damage over a smaller amount of time with the burn Vs. with the poison.

Lastly, keep in mind how this could affect the skill tree and the other perks you use in it.

rain of arrows poison shot and explosive arrows.

all aoe all the time.

cant wait. its a stat padders wet dream

but for people that want to actually do something. explosive arrows will probably be a pretty good deal vs poison shot as it deals most of the damage up front meaning more chances at kill confirms instead of stat padding.

so thats nice.

4 Likes

Yes, this could create some interesting builds and make at least one perk worth taking now that the skill might be worth taking. Cant wait to try this out tomorrow.

1 Like

Already know my combo, Poinson arrow into rain of arrows then pop explosive arrow. Big burst of damage, do some AOE damage and get those DOTs going. Going to be fun.

No stagger on penetrating shot so wont be using that anymore

I think it’s a net positive for build diversity and we need to see more changes like this to all weapons. But that doesn’t mean it’s a “buff” … Which implies that the weapon will perform better.

I thing it will be better at padding stats in larger scale battles but will be weaker in small scale… Looks like burst had been lowered to me.

No stagger on pen is huge (though I enjoy the feeling that I no longer MUST takes pen). But rapid being useable might offset that, as it staggers to with damn good aim.

We’ll see!

Good changes overall.

You don’t even need to a hit a target directly anymore to do even more than poison arrow did.

Look consider the builds. In Arena’s I noticed players using poison shot, evade shot, and penetrating shot. In wars, rain of arrows instead of evade shot.

For that build penetrating shot no longer staggers. However, compare Explosive Arrow to poison shot. With poison arrow you had to hit someone directly and it would do 150% weapon damage now it only does 100% weapon damage with 12% over 20s. Let’s say it does 1000 Base dmg. That equals 1500 weapon damage + 2400 DoT | 3900 Total. With explosive arrow you only have to be close to hit them (1.5 m). It does 150% weapon damage + 50% weapon damage + 8% over 10 seconds. Again, using 1000 base dmg as an example. That equals 1500 + 500 + 800 DoT | 2800 Total. But that’s a lot more damage upfront. Compare that to Rain of Arrows, which does 150% weapon damage in 3m radius causing a 7.1% weapon damage as a bleed affect.

Basically you have a second rain of arrows that is has a smaller radius but does more damage. But possibly without the long cast time and animation it does.

i mean you’re not wrong but you’re forgetting we only have 3 skills so kinda doesn’t matter if they buff one while nerfing two, right?

It’s hardly a nerf for the other two. You’re going to do more damage now than before. Watch players run explosive arrow over poison shot, get a 19% empower after getting even close to hitting someone with it and then shell out even more damage.

It absolutely does matter. They nerfs only decreased damage for direct hits with poison shot. Penetrating shot’s stagger doesn’t even matter in wars, it’s still going to do the same amount of damage.

Well deserved. Now maybe they go fuck spear next like it does too.

i’m sorry but you’re not being honest. 50% less damage on poison shot and the removal of one of the most important bow’s cc how is that not a nerf?.

Sure empower will be good no way around it, but a nerf is a nerf.

Because it’s not an overall NERF. It’s a nerf in some situations but it’s not a nerf in damage. Most of poison shot’s damage comes from the DoT so its not 50% less damage. That’s also not how math works. The difference between 150% and 100% is 50% but the damage is only two thirds of the original.

it’s exactly -50% damage. You can argue dots are effective in 1v1s and maybe OPR but the only damage that actually works in wars is burst damage.

It’s literally not 50% damage. You’re completely misinterpreting where the damage comes from. How many times does someone directly hit you with poison shot? 12% weapon damage over 20s Vs. 150% weapon damage?

If you want to talk about burst damage poison shot ain’t it. But you want to know what is? Rain of arrows and now explosive arrow. Both do way more damage upfront. But what about penetrating shot? It does the most damage but now you’re complaining it doesn’t have a stagger?

Again, on smaller scale combat these nerfs have a greater affect but once you consider how the build changes then you’d realize that it is a buff overall.

they really don’t dude… the reason i consider poison shot as a burst damage skill is because you can autoatack-poison shot. You cannot do that with rain of arrows, not sure about the new skill tho.

And no, i’m not complaining that is doesn’t have a stagger, i just said it was a nerf and you’re just blind if you don’t see it.

When did I say removing a stagger wasn’t a nerf? How bad is your reading comprehension? Everyone can see that removing a stagger is a nerf.
I’m just saying it’s not a significant nerf. In wars what does it matter if the person you’re doing 6K+ damage to randomly when you fire a penetrating shot onto the point gets staggered or not?

It does matter when you’re 1v1ing someone and that stagger is preventing them from using an ability or closing the gap.

I already have updated the PTR. I’ll be logging onto it to test explosive arrow in like 30 minutes. Maybe everyone should hold their thoughts until then especially since it’s only the first PTR and subject to change.