Bow passive nerf on PTR

This is what they do, nerf to destroy. They make bow good and now work on destroying it.

Typical AGS

We don’t have infinite heal circles to stand in and any bruiser team with a healer will wipe out that point of bows fast even if we did. I do stand on points btw but it requires enough bruisers to do so. Don’t be ignorant.

Um. I guess that’s one hot take.

OR they aren’t op at all and really just annoying. You don’t like getting hit from far away and don’t like having to bother with silly things like position and los.

Have fun getting owned by mages which are already stronger than bow right now and will be MUCH stronger after yet another disaster patch from AGS.

1 Like

We don’t have infinite heal circles to stand in

You do. We’re placing them for you.

any bruiser team with a healer will wipe out that point of bows fast even if we did.

You don’t have to be necessarily standing in the circle. But getting inside and gaining control over walls and having coverage of the whole fort rather than just the small door gives you so much more impact in the game. It’s super important to get inside and start controlling.

Um. I guess that’s one hot take.

I don’t think it’s much of a hot take to play hundreds of OPR matches and observe in recent times that an over abundance of bow players on one team leads to a loss because they are not actually contesting objectives. It’s a player thing. Not ribbing ALL archers. It’s just a little frustrating when it’s a recurring pattern.

don’t like having to bother with silly things like position and los.

Yes. LOS with huge open fields in a war or OPR. Hmm… I don’t think that’s gonna be a consistent factor here. Even though yes I do LOS and position when I can.

Have fun getting owned by mages which are already stronger than bow right now and will be MUCH stronger after yet another disaster patch from AGS.

IG BB is pretty much the only oppressive thing and it’s survivable with rapier CDs.

Lol at irony of you saying archers are bad for not standing in circles in forts then call opr open fields.

Also, I don’t think you understand. How can a weapon be that op if it loses games? Their kit isn’t designed for point control. They just stat pad (by your own admission). It’s all the bow well. It does NOT carry matches, like many, many other equally strong or stronger weapons in this game.

1 Like

They dont help a bow player when the rush comes. Our options is to fight with spear that hardly works against grit and get rolled or fight with rapier and get out of dodge. If there are not enough melee or healers on my team or there are two many bush wookies we stand no chance to go on the points. zero. The only option there is to pad points because its going to be a steam roll and thats no fun.

WTF you think real bow players do. Stop pingeonholing us into one type. Sure there are bow players farming points. That doesnt mean we all do. Prepush, I am knocking down the other teams support on the walls… the mages, bows, and healers, Thats who Im shooting at. If none up there I am firing through the doors to try and oppress the people inside some. Push time Im going in and up on the walls. Thats the way I play. Im not the guy running around in the bushes looking to be a 1v1 super hero.

Why are devs so crazy?
Instead of fixing the overtuned bow mistake and reduce hitbox a bit, they start messing up all the abilities.
Inept players who chase a new meta every patch have spoiled the attitude of all players towards skillful archers.

1 Like

I legit said

Not ribbing ALL archers. It’s just a little frustrating when it’s a recurring pattern.

What LOSing do you intend on doing inside fort?

Also, I don’t think you understand. How can a weapon be that op if it loses games?

It’s like you two didn’t even read a fucking word I said. Not standing on circles loses games. Not getting inside fort and getting control of walls loses games. Refuse to do either, and you lose games. Bow players predominantly cause this because they’re just damage padding outside of point.

In a different post after your response to me. I read and respond in order.

I think the nerf is fine, and I play bow atm.

It’s just insane that the weapon has those 2 passives almost always up, and honestly the damage nerf is not that much. 10% in total is hardly anything, considering they buffed the detonation upgrade from 150% to 170%.

They are just stat padding because they are outmatched by most other kits. They do not dominate in any PvP, except open field duels. They are very good in arena but not ungodly. They are okay in OPR as long as there aren’t too many. And they are virtually useless in wars.

And that is all currently, right now, before nerfs. They can do big numbers on dummies and the meta switched to light armor at the same time bows were buffed so people bitched and now the weapon is getting nerfed into oblivion. And worse, it’s getting core abilities gutted instead of just having buffs reverted.

Bows are not a problem. Most their damage is easily healed through. Mages outclass them today and will be way better after July patch.

You’ll rarely see bows. If meta switches back away from light armor, you’ll never see them.

3 Likes

This 100%, i got full bis on live and i hit medium armor for peanuts, heavy armor is not even worth hitting lmfao.

3 Likes

Look balance is hard, but we really need to try and be objective about this. I started playing bow before the buff patch that made it much better. The buff patch was way too much, I agree. But this is too much in the other direction. I don’t really have a problem with a temporary nerf to see how it goes, but the problem is that, with how AGS moves, the “fix” will be 2-4 months down the line.

Like the long range is a little crazy to me. If we agree on one thing it’s that we should probably incentivize good play, and if you hit a player from long range, kudos to you. I’ve been hit by some bow/musket shots where you can’t help but be like “damn, good sh*t” (hopefully no aim bots). Want to lightly increase the long range distance? Go for it. But the damage output shouldn’t get nerfed when you hit the target.

Wow !!

I havent been playing for almost a week after they nerf the pen staggeer and poison shot.

Now i wont be bother to come back anymore.
Good bye new world, now you can nerf that bow to the ground do as you like.

4 Likes

Exactly, bring people back by making bow decent, there are tons of classes better, then immediately destroy it lol

2 Likes

It’s been one hell of a ride.

I wish they would do a dev blog describing their FUCKING BONKERS design philosophy behind the last 2 months of bow changes.

I’ve never seen anything like it. Not hyperbole. Been playing MMOs for almost 25 years. Never never seen such stupidity.

2 Likes

Id actually accept it if the PVP perk wasnt headshot only. Then at least they could do what bow people asked for and increase damage to heavy mit targets while not affecting damage against light armor. This should actually have been baked into the PENETRATING shot skill instead of a just a pvp only perk.

97.63284% of all statistics are made up. Yours is a shining example of that.

1 Like