Break every chat box

• What is your character name in New World: CullanP
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: You can break the entire chat for everyone who sees the picture, tested right before the servers reboot for the patch in dms
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can no longer read ANY chats, including dms, faction chat, etc
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: On relog
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Post in chat this whilst linking an item
    < img src=“lyshineui/images/icons/items/resource/yeastt1.dds” scale=“99999999999.0” >< /img >
    this will entirely break the chat and you won’t see anything until you relog

@Luxendra

Probably should get eyes on this. When they started doing it in my server it didn’t take long for people to start suggesting putting adult materials in the source folder, using it to “flashbang” in pvp and someone even tried adding some code that was something to the effect of On click give gold to the player

Ah yeah we are aware of this and they’re taking a look to prevent this from occuring. No ETA at this time.

3 Likes

pls keep in mind you can also use a data commands in chat to crash clients wich hover over it with a similar method.

1 Like

yes, this was not fixed with the update just now that stopped images @Luxendra

That update was not intended to fix that issue.

1 Like

Wow, this is more of a dumpster fire as i already thought

Is this not a priority item right now?

This can be used to crash people, and is already being spammed by lvl1’s on US E Valhalla in every chat, global, help, recruitment…

1 Like

Maybe they should prevent anyone under level 5 (or w/e) from posting anywhere except the help channel. That would cut down on the gold spam too.

3 Likes

Simple fix for the moment, take the game offline or disable the chat. It’s the only way to protect people’s PCs, since once people understand what they can do it can get very severe.

1 Like

This is perhaps the worst bug found yet, this will allow an attacker to crash your pc maybe even worse, it’s that serious.

At this point u can in theory make a broken code behind a item link which causes everyone who hovers over the item to crash their client due to memory being infinitely filled till it crashes, this really needs a fix asap, this could be potetionally damaging on invidual user’s computer so well as its only a question of time before they find further ways to make it even more of a hazard .

From what I have heard: this specific chat program that is being used in game is very problematic and has a number of security flaws. Apparently this program has been flawed for years

We shouldn’t be able to run any kind of code from chat.

While writing this I came across an individual doing this exact same thing to crash other people’s games.

@Luxendra

unless everyone puts the same images in the source folder only the one doing it will be able to see it as its looking at the client sided local folder

1 Like

wtf answer is that from the com manager? you get the name of “AMAZON” behind your back bro. THE 2nd LARGEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD! and your product so many bugs. So what is the team that supposed to fix this?

note : i quit this game from now. thx me later

Indeed I’ve perservered though loads of bugs, like getting stuck dead for 13 days and having to level a fresh character up because AGS hadn’t a clue how to fix it. I could even cope with the gold trading bug and health staff exploit, but having a vunerability such as this which allows anyone to run God knows what code through the chat box is now being broadcast all over you tube by near on everyone then I think I have to not play the game until this is fixed. It’s a shame really because the game is really good.

Eh, I’m still having fun. pvp is broken though if people exploit. Also sucks that some guilds have duped sets of armor or legendary items.

Good luck with that, now that this expliot is out it will be literally hours till every kid is doing it and then someone might find a way to damage your pc. The info is readily available on you tube too https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=new+world+chat+exploit Nah stuff that.

New World completely broke today - Dupes, Crashes and more - YouTube just watched this on youtube it just crazy plz fix ty

New World is EVEN MORE Broken - YouTube The bloke that did your video and this fella do podcasts together.