[Bug Megathread] November Monthly Release (1.1)

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update (1.1). We will update the list below when we see new issues appear. You can find our November Monthly Release (1.1) Feedback Megathread here.

New Bugs:

• Harvester Gear Set / Horticulterist gear set is missing from in-game
  • Jewelcrafting does not give increased xp after patch
  • Withered Swarmmancer’s Beetle is not functioning properly
  • Bloodstained Note Varangian quest does not show up on my map (level 60) but it is available to get in-person
  • Ebonscale Reach shows level 0-0
  • Life Motes are dropping at an increased rate
  • Beeswax is not searchable via the Trade search button
  • World chests do not open
  • New recipes are not being learned when salvaged
  • Watch it burn perk does not work
  • Respeccing may cause you to lose attribute points
  • Secrets Best Left Unshared quest not unlocking
  • The armor (Beasthunter Garb) is bugged after the patch, the fur doesn’t load correctly.

For server transfers, please use the Megathread here: [Megathread] Inability to Transfer Servers

If the bug you are experiencing is not listed here, please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

18 Likes
Important is this bug ? (life mote)
New dupe\exploit?
Harverst Set armor is missing in my storage
So just delete my gloves huh
[Megathread] November Monthly Release Update Feedback Megathread
Jewelry crafting not scaled
Harvester Set disappeared after patch
SELL multiple items and remain a number of them
Schematic not learned after salvaging
Not a fan of these balance changes
Harvesting Armor gone after latest update
My equipped gear is gone after the patch
Furnishing Schematics still broken
Downgraded Shield, New recipes that are learned are not in crafting, harvesting gear gone
Talento do bastão Flamejante bugado
Lost 5 skill points after respec
Salvaging schematics for furniture bugged, Salvaged 3 that i didnt own and didnt get anything
Salvaged schematic did not get learning item jade dresser
Missing harvesting set
Unable to salvage Schematic: Thundersnow
Lost furnishing schematic after salvaging
Bug: Teak and Jade Schematics
Harvesting gear disappeared
My whole harvesting gear is missing from my storage!
Harvester Clothes Removed? Compensation
Character Unable to Move After OPR Respawn
Teak Circular Curio Shelf recipe doesn't teach you anything?
Every time i log in
Used schematic but not learnt
I lost my depth orb main questt
This nerf in jewelcrafting exp is unfair
My harvesting luck gear is just gone
Missing Gold when I logged in today
Patch which gives nothing! Is this a joke?
Repair costs still to high
Cant respawn in opr
Unheilsstulpen Waffenquest
Harvesting Luck Gear Has Dissapeared on login
Goldenrod geometric rug schematic not working
Full Harvestor Gear Missing after Update
Some armor pieces gone post patch
Schematic: Jade Apothecary Cabinet/Stone Mason Table
Elemental Animals Harvesting Disabled
Missing Gear Set after patch
HUGE Issue with Jade storage chest schematic not learning
So is there a patch or not?
Tischler Rezepte werden nicht gelernt
Yep, all my harvester gear gone too
I salvaged a new furniture schematic but did not learn anything
Full Harvester Gear Missing after Update
No harvesting gear
Lumberjack Gear missing
  • What is your character name in New World:
    zer0merC
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Castle of Steel, US-East
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    World chests do not open. The animation and progress circle count down but never process the items and pop up with the pick-up. Specifically happened to me at Two Forks with an Ancient Urn, but was also posted in the in game chat by other players in other areas.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Unable to pick up some world chests.
    Nothing to recover, just lost the items I guess.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    N/A
    Open world chests until it happens. It was infrequent but noticeable, as your character never stands up and completes the pick-up.
7 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: frogmike
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: USW Vorukakasha
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Malevolence boss is not spawning, impossible to complete 580 hammer quest (The Living Crystal)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: quest is not completable, none of the bosses in this elite area spawn
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
3 Likes

Add stuck item in AH for the last 40 days to the list too!

@Luxendra

1 Like

Loot luck has a sweet spot the 10% pvp increase confirms it even more when opeing chests, listen to your playerbase when we have been saying for weeks luck feels off instead of explaining rng.

10 Likes

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Diyavol
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Hades
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I just want to farm my logging gathering skill i just show when i kill the wolves it gave me 80 life mote. After i start to farm logging experience i see that i had 2.5 k life mote.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: I think it is bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It gave me 80 life mote for every slot
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I think i can
  • What is your character name in New World: Bausz

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tarshish

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: 535 Heavy Faction Chest Plate is missing the bottom half of the chest plate.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It doesn’t look as BA as it should. Fashion is 80% of the battle.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Physically yes, emotionally no.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip the chest plate.

5 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Sturm
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Goldenthal
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I am a healer with heavy armor, 9,3k HP and several fortify buffs. Since the new Patch, Hammer and Great Axe players can kille me in seconds. I dont stand any chance. I know healers got nerfed, but there must be more to it. I feel like a glas cannon despite trying hard to be the opposite. So either you Greate Axe and Hammer players are buffed too much (being a bug) or the heavy armor or how fortify works is nerfed too much (being a bug). Please look into that. How it is right now, you will lose MANY healers. Who wants to heal in PvP when you can get oneshotted from distance wearing light armor or if being a tanky healer is not enough to surfive 5 seconds. In Outpost Rush, i NEED heavy armor if I want to fight inside forts between all the enemies. So either this is horrible balancing or a bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: See above
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not until it is fixed.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I cant take a video or a screenshot from bugs in balancing. You hgave to look into data.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Well, see above.
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Lavender Sodbust
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nidavellir
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Trade Skill food (logging) disappeared before it was over (had 24 minutes left), and when I noticed, I ate another food to ensure it was up, and no buff was applied (visually, anyhow, no way of really knowing if my luck was still buffed)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I lost my buff food, and was unable to know if I had the buff food active or not, or whether it had ran out
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: eat a buff food, and perhaps eat a hearty meal while in combat (unsure exactly what canceled the buff)

This is likely somehow related to fixing the multiple tier food buffs.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Saruc

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ismarus Theta

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Letarus chest is missim bottom part of the look it is only chest top. looks terrible

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: not much but i loved look

[/quote]

3 Likes

Sea Dreams quest can’t be completed, the chest gives normal content instead of updating the objective

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Subtle

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nav

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Beasthunter Garb (chest piece armor) has DRASTICALLY decreased in visual quality, despite no change to my settings or other pieces in game. It looks like a completely different item. From what I have seen in game from other players, this bug does NOT seem to be affecting Beasthunter Handwraps, however it is affecting Beasthunter Footwraps.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: VISUAL BUG I believe.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes me not want to play honestly, because it is my favourite chest piece by far. I have also spent money in the Store on Skins and Dyes to compliment this piece. It’s such a shame because it’s all I can see and think about and I want to enjoy the new patch.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: The issue is occurring even after relogging multiple times. It also doesn’t improve or go back to normal when I change my graphics settings. My friends have also shown that the bug is appearing on their side too, on Max graphic settings.

4 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: SAVAGEddy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Hellheim
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: 300 strenght bonus not working anymore like it must to work
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: 25% chance to mine now not working.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: recovery is only available from your side
3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Ohfor
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Xarayes
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Item at a different trading post
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: well yea…
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not sure
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I was browsing the TP. Searching for some Hyssop as it were. Then, mid typing, the listing refreshed. Shrug. I then typed my search again and wanted to purchase the hyssop. It tells me “Item at a different trading post”.

To make things even weirder, I am actually at Windsward at the time this happened.

4 Likes

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: FBX D4wn
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ife (Europe)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Able to reduce ANY weight to 0,1 and put them on storage => illimited storage possible.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit possible
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Screen capture - 091088ef6a06a1e9b769c144b1d0adf0 - Gyazo
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Use Adventurer’s satchel with different weight reduction bonuses, and swap them until you get 0,1 weight showed on the inventory, then you can fully transfer it in your storage (or by trade) even if you have 1 weight left in your storage.

came here to post this. I am also having this issue. Tested it out by farming ore all morning after patch and it was not even close to 25%. More like <5%.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Aladyaa
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bifrost
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Warboards non interactable
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: can’t sign for invasions
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

This might be related to placement of the chests. When I experienced this, chest was floating above the ground.

Earth motes are also dropping at an increased rate from elemental bears.

Edit: It is not increased rate, the drop changed from the purple drop to earth motes, but a lot of them.