Bug: Mute chat channel causes text delay

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Baeh Khan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Themiscyra
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Muting 1 or more channel causes a 1m+ delay in text being displayed
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Significant delay in chat causes issues with coordination or quality of game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Unmuting all channels returns chat text display to normal time.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Mute a channel, see delay of text you type as well as incoming text.
9 Likes

have the same issue

Just to add … it doesn’t happen all the time. Seems to happen whenever the server starts to get remotely busy and even worse when there is any kind of a queue to get in. Morning’s EST during the week it seems to work ok most of the time, but later in the afternoon the delay could be 2min or longer. Setting the channels back to normal (not muting any channel) and chat shows instantly. It’s just my feed is filled with nonsense and toxic chatter from general, which I prefer to mute.

I am also running into this, I muted global and now my company chat takes roughly 1-2minutes for my messages to show up

So that is why that happened…yeah i can confirmed, got this one aswell but as mentioned, not from the start.

Got general muted by default :smiley: delay was at least a minute.

This has been an issue for such a long time. It’s been brought up dozens of times at least. It’s extremely annoying. My chat was delayed by 26 minutes a few nights ago. Then sometimes it’s only about 45 seconds.

Yeah I unmuted both global and recruitment and suddenly zero delay, added them back and the delay reappeared.

Same here, can confirm.

How do thes Bug Reports work? Does anyone from Amazon ever respond that they are investigating? Or we just spam open threads to get more attention?

I’m also having this issue. Up to 5 minute delay on chat. I’m assuming because I have muted other channels

To combat this, mute > unmute the channel you’re trying to talk in. The delay is based on messages, so if you were to spam blank messages eventually you’ll see them come up. But yeah mute > unmute does fix it.

Very annoying bug because if others don’t realise they won’t get your messages.

Yup. I have the same problem. I have to unmute Global, and then remute it. Seems to work again for a while. Haven’t test beyond that. Annoying bug that needs to be fixed.

So…that’s what’s causing the 3-5 minute delay.

AGS, you gotta fix this. I don’t want to have the crap going on in Global (ie the usual “keyboard warrior” crap). Along with the legitimate chat that would normally be in Area, but because you guys default everyone to Global and then forcible revert people back to Global after they switch to, say, Faction.

can comfirm, have global muted cuz gold bots and chat pretty bad personal chat delay. Unmute global and my chat is instant

I have the same problem. Very annoying.

Same problem in Frisland (EU) server. I dont know why they dont fix this issue, its very very annoying.

This is a very annoying issue.

Still present in the live version of the game, and it’s still obnoxious.

This is still an issue. Amazon needs to focus on these game-breaking bugs (Ice Pylon cooldown, Ice Gauntlet Lag, etc.)

This is an issue. Not game breaking and shouldn’t be prioritized over server performance, attribute perk (DEX 100 no haste on skin, etc) and ability mechanic issues (Ice Storm cancel on weapon swap with last passive, etc).

Thankfully there is the VOIP option while grouped or general and there are third party tools (Discord, etc.) to manage team communication as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.