[Bug Reporting Megathread] Revamped Starting Experience & Greatsword

Greetings Adventurers,

If you encounter a bug while playtesting the PTR, please post it here in this thread using the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone)
  • What was your RTT / Input Latency?

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for helping us keep this thread focused solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing in the PTR!

5 Likes

Character: Tymelorde-PTR

Bug:

Monarch’s Bluff floating book next to the trading post can’t be read. It’s floating halfway up the wall.

7 Likes

4 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: PTR Celeria
    After the Isabella voice over in the starting quest all sounds in the game except NPC voices stopped playing. Restarting the game didn’t fix it. Verifying files didn’t fix it. Making a new character didn’t fix it. Yes I checked the sound settings.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: No sound
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Get the Isabella voice over while running towards the first ship in the Windsward beach starting questline

Edit: Reinstalling the game didn’t fix it either… Is the voiceover modifying registry keys or something? How does this happen? :smiley:

4 Likes

What is your character name in the PTR: Lil Ape

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot vault/jump over objects while in your inventory

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open your inventory and try to jump over an object

3 Likes

Nick: PTR NiiiROx
Server: NA PTR

2 Likes

Many of the new houses in Everfall have Grass and other greenery coming through their floors.

The Town Hall has also not been updated, which is kind of a weird look given how upgraded everything else is:

6 Likes

Character: PTR Fairuza
Server: NA PTR

• Character became stuck while pressing “E” to advance the quest dialog. Location is shown in screenshot. Couldn’t open inventory, nor escape. Could open my Map, but just stayed stuck.
    Editing to add that relogging fixed it.

4 Likes

this area is empty of everything

2 Likes
    PrasinosPTR
    Unable to complete “Plans of the Pestilent”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • How did the issue affect your gameplay:
    Cannot progress further in the MSQ.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No, resetting it did not fix it.
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you experienced:
    Do the quest objective, and complete it, it shows up as incomplete.
    4PM EST
9 Likes

Poggers Whomp

On the quest “Supply Run” once I had initially made the stone blocks and the timber, I had to go back multiple times and open the menus for the woodcutting and the stone crafting tables because it would not recognize that I had already completed that part of the quest. (In other words, it would not check it off my quest tracker in the top right-hand corner, thus not letting me turn it in.

The fix was to continue to open the tables until it recognized that I had indeed done the quest.

The time was around 3:40-ish Central time. (P.M)

3 Likes

On top of that - I managed to climb up in the area next to it… I’m just floating in the area

4 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: Harfwick
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Houses at Everfall don’t have bricks at 3rd floor
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just went few times to the city and some houses didn’t have bricks.
  • When did you experience it? 21:00 UTC+2
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: ThatDaleDude
  • Describe the issue you are having: NPC’s voice line is cut off at the end
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Minimally
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: With some intense therapy, yes…
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Can’t already gone past the voice line
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Speak with Grace O’Malley for the first time where she says “I was beginning to think I was all alone out here… the rest of the world had gone mad.”
  • When did you experience it? 02/09/2022 @ 00:30 (UK)
2 Likes

BUG: Please see position information in the upper right corner.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: PTRStargazer

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: disapearing npcs wich cannot be talked to

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I could not start the quest line

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Simply walked to the quest marker and couldnt find anything to interact with

• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 2:45 CET 02/09/22

Edit: Now all of the quest markers are gone

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: derMemory

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: In the quest “A Matter of Discretion”, I accidently pressed escape during Minister Lochnir’s quest dialogue and now I can no longer progress the quest. Talking to Lochnir now only displays his default dialogue. I’ve reset the quest but the glitch persists.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can no longer continue the main quest.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. Resetting, re-loging, and restarting did not fix it either.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Pressed ‘esc’ during Minister Lochnir’s dialogue in the quest “A Matter of Discretion”.

• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) Around 6:00 PM US Eastern Time September 1, 2022

1 Like
    PrasinosPTR
    I was exploring and decided to burn the flags shown in the image below. Unknown to me, these flags are part of the marauder’s initiation. If you tried doing the quest “Marauders Initiation: Fortune Favors” you won’t be able to complete it. I tried resetting the quest but that then locked me from completing the explosive barrel portion of the quest. After restarting I noticed that not only were the black powder barrels missing but that I couldn’t plunder the pirate hoard either.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • How did the issue affect your gameplay:
    Cannot progress complete Marauder initiation, causing players to possibly be locked out from joining the Marauder faction.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No.
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue you experienced:
    Burn the flags before starting the quest. Resetting the quest causes the explosive barrels to be bugged.
    9:50PM EST
2 Likes

This post focuses on issues I found in Everfall.

• What is your character name in the PTR: Go Touch Sand
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: See Below
  • When did you experience it? 9/1/2022

House issues for Everfall

Window & Stairs Conflict (Click to Expand)

Grass in Houses (Click to Expand)

Objects Clipping (Click to Expand)

Warped Boards (Click to Expand)

Wrong Backyard Fence (Click to Expand)

This House Wasn't Updated (Click to Expand)

Open Fire Inside House (Click to Expand)

Outdoor Light Shines Inside (Click to Expand)

Wrong Stairs to Balcony (Click to Expand)

Object Issues in Everfall

Invisible Rocks in Town (Click to Expand)

Wall Buttress Isn't Flush to Ground (Click to Expand)

Wooden Rails are Warped (Click to Expand)

Broccoli Stuck in Rocks (Click to Expand)

Immersion Issue: Gutter Pipes go into ground which tell me Everfall has a sewer system. Outhouses should be removed from town if the city has plumbing. (Click to Expand)

Immersion Issue: Crafting Stations, Trade Post, Town Hall, the Tavern, and Storage Shed do not match the new aesthetics of Everfall’s Industrial look.

10 Likes