BUG: Unable to Harvest mobs that die on Hills/Angled Turrain

• What is your character name in New World:
    Romsil
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    US East Adivun
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Unable to Harvest mobs when they die on hills or angled turrain. This includes skinning, chopping, and minning. Also, mobs sometimes fall through the terrain, but I can still harvest those.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    No
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    I am unable to get levels in gathering due to this not letting me gather.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    No screen shot needed you just cant get good angle to be able to see the E option to gather.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Kill mob on hill or angled terrain. Can’t harvest from them. This most frequently occurred to me when killing Angry Earth dogs in the Riverwater area.
1 Like

There are still many mining/harvest nodes around the world that I encountered and that would not let you gather them. Reporting them all would be equivalent to a paid job and something that some sort of QA should take care of.

Combined with the issue of mobs not being skinnable on slopes, a solution to BOTH could be to slightly increase the area where you can skin/loot/harvest/mine etc.

I did notice at some point that it happens frequently that you want to skin a mob and need several attempts before you find a position where the game lets you - even when you stand right on top of the mob. Because of that, increasing the radius in which you can interact with loot/mobs/nodes slightly seems to be a viable solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.