Caer Sidi, Gov's report: continuous lag exploit abuse

Hello there! :smiley:

Our server, Caer Sidi, has recently encountered a major issue, to which utterly destroys the balance of territories. Even without the influence bugs, we cannot possibly hope to win wars. Despite our numerous victories previously, one faction just steamrolls over the entire map by spamming ice gauntlets and other data-heavy abilities to make their opposition lag so much, they can’t even play the game.
Mind you, this is not just AOE’s to do damage or actually heal. Literally everyone gets told to run ice gauntlet and spam everything on the checkpoints to cause lag. This renders the offenders invincible to other players, siege weapons and still they manage to capture the point.

However, I’m certain this issue has been known to not only Amazon, but also the masses. We’re here to press the importance of the issue. This is really killing the game fast and needs to be addressed right away.
We get there are other issues that need solving in the game, but this should be top priority. Possibly even before server transfers. This is really REALLY demoralising.

As leaders of our server’s Covenant faction and even (hopefully) governors and members from other factions, we mutually come to express our concerns about our server’s and the game’s well-being.

Here’s a little summary to explain the situation:

• Who mainly causes this issue?
    Often the attackers or defenders in war that run ice gauntlets. It’s the shot callers that tell them to run it and spam the AoE’s to cause the lag. Often the actual members are not aware and are forced to join in, despite their own disgust of the exploitation. Individuals will not be named, but reported with the in-game feature.

• What really is the issue?
    Ice gauntlets and other data-heavy spells are abused to the point of it making everyone, especially the opposition, lag. Overloading the server, rendering the offenders immortal and win every single war. We do not feel this is addressed by Amazon properly, if at all. And it needs a higher priority towards bug fixes. And possibly even punish the ones abusing this exploit.

• Where does this happen?
    So far we’re aware only within wars. Directly on the checkpoints, as it will cause them to stand frozen in place and let’s them easily capture it.

• When did this start?
    This only started a few days ago when posts of this exploit came up on the forums. This article specifically: LAG War exploit needs fix NOW - Bugs and Exploits / Bugs and Exploits - New World Forums We’re not blaming the author, as we mainly agree with the post. However, this also raised awareness among the people that seek to abuse it. The faction, or community, in question has been a lot more aggressive and winning every battle since.

• How do we deal with it?
    Our faction has been mainly avoiding war because of this, as the only counter would be to stoop down to their level. However, this would not only be unethical and make us as bad as them, but also this would expose our players to work against the ToS AGS enforces. We cannot possibly ask them to do that. Even if players are replaceable in war, this should not even be an option.

We really cannot stress enough to how game breaking this issue is, and we need to take action. The governors will reply down below to share their own personal experiences and evidence. Myself included. If you’d like to support the post and express your own situation about it, don’t forget to use the Amazon provided template:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Thank you for the help and the time you’ve spent reading this post. Let’s get this issue resolved and provide a better game experience for everyone playing it. Furthermore, please keep it civil in the comments, hostility gets us nowhere closer to solving it.

P.S. The Governors and I will NOT respond to any discussions or comments about whether this is an issue or not. Evidence speaks for itself.

21 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Lady Aelwynn, Governor of First Crusaders
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer Sidi
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Ice Gauntlet exploits to lag opposition in wars.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: exploit of server latency bugs
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: This caused our faction to lose numerous of wars
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: None present, will add when available
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Stack players on control points and spam AoE’s like ice gauntlet and other data-heavy abilities
1 Like

Same issue on Damalis LAG War exploit Damalis, they took our only location because of the exploit, despite us defending quite well. We got only 2 territories left that aren’t purple and probably not for long, given the situation.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Mollerz, Consul of Nox Aeternus
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer Sidi
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Opponents in wars intentionally stacking Ice Gauntlet and other AoE heavy weapons to cause severe lag in wars.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Players intentionally exploiting server latency problems to gain an advantage.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Attacking wars on our territories are not possible to win due to lag, we are unable to deal damage to opponents that are stacked on capture points.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: -
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Stack players on control points and spam AoE’s like ice gauntlet and other data-heavy abilities.
1 Like

Caer Sidi, LQkNife - Gov of Fearless Pigeons etc, etc.
Here is a POV from the latest war on Caer Sidi and why the opposite team has lost. It is not an exploit nor a bug. We all experience lag during wars no matter the weapons used during the war, or the amount of abilities used. Hope you learn from it. minute 5.00 from the VOD war starts video :blush:
P.S : Click video only if 18+. Strong language using during gameplay.

7 Likes

Hey, I’m also a member of Fearless Pigeons, and I really want you to take into consideration our opinions too.

First of all, I’m a beginner of New World, I like this game and I think it’s very succesfull as it is.
I’ve participated in a couple of Wars, in which I lagged a lot.

A clip from my first War gameplay:

I see this as a pure technical issue. Too many people, too many skills used as the same time would cripple any game.

Also, I don’t think its fair to call our whole syndicate exploiters just because we are simply using game mechanics.
Using spells at the same time is a coordination tactic, why would this be an exploit?
If you lag, we lag as well.

I agree that the consequences of this sucks, but can we really do anything about it?
I hardly believe there is any ill intent by using this tactic, it is completely biased thinking like this.

Every one of us wants to have fun in wars and I agree that there needs to be a fix for latency.

3 Likes

One Two Three Four times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

1 Like

While I agree that it is an exploit and a bug. It’s also being used as meta in many big company’s it’s then makes it hard for smaller company’s to actually enjoy this game. While other big clans use it like it’s a META to win wars. Have seen this to many times in to many MMOs last oasis has this and they failed to fix any of it in time so it died. Life is feudal mmo also failed to fix these kinds of issues and bugs and Also died. So this is why we are reaching out to you all now. Let’s make them notice and fix these issues! Before it’s too late

Jonn1boy of Vagabond gaming community

Since your only “proof” is showing a link to a different case from a different server, i will provide a precise response debunking it in 10 seconds.

“Overloading the server, rendering the offenders immortal and win every single war.”

Here is a clip showing me as attacker, getting swiftly killed during the lag by your players (allegedly unable to deal damage). You can see the exact damage types, my position and lack of any information that would make it possible to me to identify which of two players around me are attacking.

Please use the server downtime to watch video provided by Pigeons and see how badly your back line deals with skirmishers, it’s painful to watch.

Edit: Also, since i’m taking frost damage, isn’t it your aoe that causes lag?

2 Likes

Whilst we all want to see every performance issue, bug or exploit fixed and would therefore support a post in reporting the issue, it is deeply hurtful and inappropriate that these things have been attributed to us. I have attempted numerous times to make contact and to allay any concerns on our part and provide any evidence necessary to prove our innocence. As a leader of WhiteGloves I have been present at nearly every war planning meeting and war and been in active communication with and personally know all our ‘shot callers’. Not once in any conversation has the aim of ‘lagging’ or 'exploiting" been brought up as a tactic. I have tried to convince many members of opposing factions of this who know me in game and know my word is my bond
Not only would this activity be against game ToS’s, but it would be against the ethics, ethos and indeed the rules of our own companies and discord ToS’s. This would be stamped out internally immediately before such tactics ever saw the light of day on the battlefield.

I’m extremely disappointed we haven’t been contacted to explain things from our point of view (multiple VOD’s of our users experiencing lag etc). We are happy to and have provided as much evidence to counter these basic allegations as possible and it’s extremely concerning to see that the accusers are starting to employ tactics such as falsely mass reporting users and aiming to harrass and ban innocent players. The refusal to entertain the possibility that a war was fairly won/lost is the foundation of this issue.

As representatives of the biggest companies on the named server I would like to extend an olive branch in good faith. We all want these issues solved and to bring these issues to attention more efficiently we need to work together. The games longevity fairness and atmosphere is of far more importance than individual company or faction success. Please accept this olive branch as I would love to engage with you all in a more positive manner. See you all in Aeternum.

Zelokar - Jonny

2 Likes

If you have read my post, then you would know that this is exactly what i posted. Proof of no immortal players. I’m on the ‘accused’ side here :slight_smile:

I’m an idiot who can’t read, oops.

2 Likes

Love to read the chat on LQkNifes stream right before the battle started

these are some quotes from the war chat

Quarzon “Are your exploits ready?”

Tinustank “oh ***** i forgot my ice gauntlet”

Paethos “I have spare”

5 Likes

Yeah, we had quite a laugh at that already. It’s like third or fourth war they are accusing us of having exploits. Just like Republic of South Africa joke that always returns.

I stopped doing wars for multiple reasons, one of them includes what you show in the video.

What kind of experience am I getting fighting a bunch of training dummies that dont move, because the game/servers cant handle all the data that is being processed? It’s really bad and requires some sort of revision by a dev.

1 Like

Unfortunately and inevitably some users have started ‘memeing’ and making fun of these allegations as this is a healthy and non destructive way of dealing with said allegations against their in game actions and their personal self’s. If this is causing discontent I can put a stop to it if it paves the path to communication and cooperation on this and future issues. However members making light of very serious accusations is probably the best way in which they could deal with it.

Zelokar - Jonny

2 Likes

If you’re not exploiting it, why are you replying? It doesn’t accuse anyone specifically.

It literally states that one faction is steamrolling caer sidi (currently syndicate winning CS) so it actually does accuse people. It accuses an entire faction.

Our companies are called names on that server as we have a 300 member alliance who won almost every war possible (lost like one or two offenses out of twent-ish wars) making target of accusation quite obvious for everyone from there. We care about fair play and our server and don’t want anyone spreading false rumors to drive players away from Caer Sidi. Especially if that would cause other factions to give up on competing with us, making PVP pointless.

We are recording all of our wars from multiple perspectives and are ready to provide investigation materials for devs if any doubt arrises to stop this nonsense witch hunt. Providing proofs that debunk such an exploit might help other companies dealing with the same allegations.

1 Like

Unfortunately the restraint and professionalism displayed in the post here is not reflected in global chat ‘IseeCriticals’. Where the accusations are pointed, specific and personal. To pretend this post is not largely aimed at the RSA and it’s leadership would both be naïve and a falsehood. As stated I’m willing to do everything in my power in order to rectify any misunderstanding and work together to see these issues reported faster and dealt with. Any war that isn’t balanced or fair for both sides is both bad gameplay and will lead to bad player retention. Believe it or not we really like the fact that there’s active and organised opposing factions as that is what will keep the server exciting and alive going into the future.

1 Like