Can we get a server transfer status update?

I posted this asking for an update at 330pm ET/1230pm PT on Friday. Their last communication on this issue was 430pm ET/130pm ET on Thursday, after the Wednesday patch. This feature was available for less than 24 hours before it had to be halted altogether to sort out issues leaving a lot of players more separated from their friends from before (since transfers were obviously no longer about relieving queue times).

Nobody here is running around with a pitchfork and a torch. I’m not asking for forum moderators to work crazy hours. I’m asking for the Community Managers, the ones ostensibly tasked with bridging the gap between players and developers, to take the minimum effort of periodically typing words to let their customers know what is going on when there is a problem. It isn’t simply that there is no update, but there is even less information available now than before after a major feature had to be unexpectedly removed.

I think that’s more than reasonable and, for me, an expectation I would have for any company, video game or otherwise.

6 Likes

I am also looking forward to get an update on this so I can prepare for my server transfer. At this point I expect it to be available again on Wednesday but you never know ofc.

2 Likes

I’m honestly thinking about abandoning this game even though I enjoy it besides the wonky animation and combat glitches where u cant swing or the swing doesn’t register and then your character animation bounces all over the place when you are attacked by multiple melee mobs.

This is I think the 4th weekend I can’t play with my whole guild, the one person I was playing with left my server a few days ago and now I’ve been stuck playing by myself with no ETA and no update. Bad communication along with a buggy game will make people want to quit even if the fundamentals and foundation are there.

3 Likes

Im right there with you the server transfer scuffed my character and im getting no where with any of them.

3 Likes

Its bizarre how quite they are being about the transfers…

1 Like

My company is split in half because of the transfer service being disabled.

4 Likes

Wake up AGS!!! post an update!

2 Likes

Its Saturday. Nothing will be done till Monday or Tuesday, or Wednesday, or November.

4 Likes

This is unacceptable!

1 Like

We’re going on 4 weeks without being able to play with my friends in a MMORPG…

2 Likes

Bump @Kay @TrevzorFTW @Luxendra

1 Like

Check back next weekend for updates!

2 Likes

@Snaccident

Guys please be patient, just work another weekand hopefully by next weekend you can enjoy some gaming with your friend. Patience please!

I want my money back…

I didn’t make this post because I’m impatient for the feature. In fact, by the time the feature was released fewer than 10 of the 264 worlds based in the US even attained a queue on any given day. The time for adding transfers to relieve queues has long past. The primary function of transfers now serves only to unite stranded players, or for a change of scenery.

Since the transfer process had to be halted, however, ironically multiple US worlds now have queues stretching as long as 4 hours (again). At this moment, none of the 264 worlds in the US are “Full” and locked to new characters. The locking feature was used aggressively at release to encourage players to spread out. Now, when the transfer has created yet another queue problem, no worlds in the US region are locked at all (as of this post). It was stressed multiple times the locking mechanism relied on a particular method. That may be, but if a 4 hour queue on a server is not sufficient to address this, locking the server is the flip of a switch. As players on these servers are not unable to transfer away from these overpopulated worlds (which should have been prevented via the limitations of the transfer) we’re really in the world of all circumstances. Long queues have returned for these worlds, new characters can still be created there, and no one can leave via transfer.

That’s an accurate description of the situation we’re in. Still, that is not the purpose of my post.

At this point there is absolutely no good reason that people tasked with keeping players informed on what is obviously a volatile situation (Community Managers) have remained silent since midday Thursday. No one left the office on Friday thinking this would be released over the weekend. That is now clear. This is something players could have been told. It is not as if players can now make any accurate prediction about how this will proceed. Many references are made here to 9-5 type work hours. This is a newly-launched game where at least some eyes are on the game 24/7, and no one even need be in the office to make a three sentence post updating players.

Simply, when a major feature has to be suspended it is a more than reasonable expectation to at least be informed of the situation as it progresses. Why anyone thinks that leaving this situation in the dark, which has become a rather obvious trend for this team in general, is at all a good idea is baffling.

Fixing this issue will take time. Informing players about it takes seconds.

2 Likes

tldr

bump

Bump

I was busy on weekdays and now all my friends transfered and I was left behind as the feature is locked in short period of time. No info is given. Now I am stuck on my own and could not go raiding with my friends. Can you developers just give us a single word if this will be available in a short time. If not, I am quiting. It’s just feel stupid.

1 Like