Cannot connect Twitch account (Eternal pinwheel loading)

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: BbyDDddy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When trying to connect Twitch account to New world to collect Twitch drop (Already activated) I get eternal pinwheel loading
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please dm Aenwyn or Luxendra) Seems like it.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot connect Twitch account.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I am eternally hurt from this encounter. I will never recover.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open social tab, press connect twitch account.
  • When did this happen? I’ve been attempting to connect this account for weeks.
  • Further info:
    I have attempted to refresh cache files within New World by renaming AGS sub-folders “Local” and “Roaming” using the following steps as provided by AGS in the forums to troubleshoot this very issue:
  1. Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
  2. Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
  3. This will refresh the cache files within New World.
  4. Re-launch New World.

I’ve attempted to unlink and relink Steam, Twitch, AGS, New World, to and from each other numerous times. I believe today puts me well past 30 times, now with the assistance of Twitch Support.

I’ve done 3 clean installs of New World.

*Edit Add on BIOS update to troubleshooting. Still no fix. I have ran Dx Diagnostic tool. Shows no errors as well.

*Edit I have removed New World from my connections on Twitch gone through the process (in accordance with AGS guidelines) of reconnecting (or just connecting) and claiming a drop numerous times. This has not fixed the issue.

System:
Windows 11 Home
MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
GPU: Asus TUF Gaming GEFORCE RTX 3090ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM: Team Group T Force 64 GB @ 3600MHZ
PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 1200w
CPU: Cooler ASUS ROG Ryujin 360
Fans: 10x Lian Li AL120 Uni
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow

I’m kind of scratching my head here. I’m not really sure what else to try. Anyone?

Same with me, I gave up

Hey there! I’m sorry this is happening.

I’m going to move your post over to our Game Support section so we can better assist you.

@Molyng I hope we can get your account connected as well. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

same thing for me, it’s just endlessly loading

Another unsuccessful day of connecting twitch account.

Hello @BbyDckDddy, @Nouhax, and @Molyng and thank you @o-o for moving this thread over,

I am sorry to hear you’ve been having issues linking your New World account to Twitch in order to claim the drops. Here are some things we can try before creating a web ticket and which may solve the situation for you:

1- Go to “My connections” in your Twitch settings and remove New World if it is already showing there. Please do this even if you are almost sure you’ve never linked these before.
2- Once that is done please follow all the steps listed here in order:

Note that if it still does not work by the end of those steps, the scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is best not posted on the forums so it would be best if you could please create a web ticket by going to Contact Us | Amazon Games..

I hope this helps and if not, do not hesitate reaching out to live support.

See you in Aeternum!

As stated above, I have attempted these troubleshooting steps multiple times. I did create a web ticket though.

I will edit my post to more clearly reflect that I did this.

Hello @BbyDckDddy,

I am sorry to hear the troubleshooting did not correct this for you. Please note the options we have to offer you on this are limited and some of it may require of you to continue communication with Twitch. If you have tried step 1 (which usually fixes the eternal pinwheel), removing the connection entirely, then following up with the ticket you made to support is your best recourse.

Good luck and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Should we expect to hear back from the web ticket? Twitch has denied any responsibility, as I suspected any 3rd party website wouldn’t be responsible for an in-game feature not working.

Every associated account has been disconnected, reconnected, and drops have been claimed and activated multiple times. I can’t imagine how this could possibly fall on Twitch’s side. I have the drop sitting in my inventory on Twitch.tv - All that remains is to deal with the account not connecting in game.

Hello @BbyDckDddy,

Thank you for your follow up question. Once you submit a support ticket, they will be in contact with you via Email and provide updates as they become available.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Update to other players, unfortunately I forgot to add this:

After live chatting with AGS, they didn’t really have much to add. They went through this forum posting, didn’t have any further troubleshooting to add. Basically if you’ve gone through what I’ve done, that’s it.

They requested 3-5 recent game logs from local files stored on my pc to be emailed to AGS while chatting with them, they confirmed receiving them. They then emailed me a ticket number. I’ll post a reply on this forum post every day until the issue is resolved. Ideally this will just become a solution post and I can edit it into one big troubleshooting solution.

Hopefully the daily updates will be with actual updates and not just keeping the post alive.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no update today from AGS.

No update again, today.

Yet another day of no updates.

Hello @BbyDckDddy,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the progress of this case. Please note you can also send in Emails every now and then in order to check on the status of any ongoing ticket. These tickets do take time to be reviewed however and that time may greatly vary depending on the case.

Good luck! :wolf:

No update.

1 Like

Another day, another dollar. But dollars don’t get you updates.

Have been sick the last few days, nonetheless, there have been no updates. Hope everyone is enjoying the test servers.

1 Like

Still no update.