Cannot salvage low-tier reagents

The release notes say: “Refinement materials no longer have 3 tiers. All crafting and refinement recipes now only drop at Tier 5 and use the Tier 5 potency. All lower tiers can be salvaged into Tier 5.”

However, I cannot salvage any of my lower-tier reagents.

• What is your character name in New World: CRLF
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:

Cannot salvage lower-tier reagents. There is no “salvage” option in inventory. Also cannot use lower-tier reagents, so I have no way of applying them in-game.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot use my store of reagents

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I can play the game, but cannot use lower-tier reagents

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Open player inventory, Try to salvage a reagent. You get the message “This item cannot be salvaged”

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 07-Aug-2022, 6:43 pm EDT. However, it is an on-going issue (not time dependent).

ok, I see the problem. The item I tried salvaging was already a tier 5. Since it was green, I thought it was a lower tier.

But now I have a different issue. Previously, you could salvage a large number of items at once. But now you can only salvage one at a time. So for example, to salvage my 95 sand flux, I need to salvage 95 times for one each. Is there no way to salvage all?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.