Cannot transfer - september 2022

I went ou new world because of the problems with BUGs. Now I gave another chance to the game, and for my surprise, what I have encountered? Another BUG.

• What is your character name in New World:
    S3phi
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    I cannot use the free token to transfer my character. I did all 3 requirements, and tried to do it in many different places and different hours of the day. It says: unexpectedly lost contact with gameplay server, please try again later.
    Ive reinstalled the game, check files integrity, open as admin, etc, etc.

Welcome to the New World forum community and sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ve moved this over to the support team so our support team can check into this for you.

Hello @S3phir0th welcome to the forums traveler!

We are happy to have you here with us. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your character server transfer.

I do suggest you to double check everything is completed, close the game, perform a Steam Integrity Check and try again.

If this still doesn’t work due to the nature of your concern I will be escalating this issue on my end but, due to us not being able to share important information through here such as DxDiag Reports and Gamelogs in order to be able to help you correctly I can recommend you to reach us via Customer Service (Web Ticket) using the following link:

Please make sure to add the DxDiag and Gamelogs through a sharing link from a Cloud Storage like Google Drive to the support report, you can pull it following this steps:

• Instructions for generating a DXdiag: Open and Run Dxdiag.exe
  • GameLogs can be found on: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\CrashDB\reports\

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again! See you in Aetherum! :woman_mage:t2:

Hello, I still cannot transfer my character between worlds… Would be easier if you do it to me.

Please, read all information that i’m writing here, because some tickets ago, people just send me default information without understand what I said.

First, I did all your suggestions and more.

Second, don’t send me suggestions to do some network changes, because, first: I did all, second: I dont have network problem, third: I’m a IT manager, so I know what i’m talking about.

So lets proceed…

I did more tests now…

Installed the game in another PC and did a try.
Used another internet provider to do another try.
Used another PC in another State with another ISP and did another try.
Did a try with another account (From a friend of mine) in another PC, another ISP, another state, almost another world.

Did all network stuff, removed antivirus, stop firewall, tested many DNS, and many many other thing.

So…
THE PROBLEM ISNT HERE!!! THE PROBLEM IS IN THE GAME!!! DO THE TEST!!!

So, may I leave NW again?

Hello @S3phir0th I do appreciate the clarification on all the followed steps, I do understand you have done all that is within your power and that is awesome, though I do apologize none of this helped with your issue.

I understand as well the suggestion of us transferring your account, sadly that is not an option that we have, since we do not have access to those tools. That is the reason I suggested this to be escalated via a Web Ticket on your end, so the concern is escalated and gets to be handled by someone that can provide you with a solution or has more options regarding this matter.

I did escalate the situation as well on my end, but be aware that I can’t add DxDiag reports and Gamelogs since Is not ideal to share this information on public forums.

I do really appreciate your patience on this matter, I will let you know if I get any insight.

I Understand, and ive created two web tickets. The problem is that they only send me some default sugestions that In the same ticket I said that Ive tested all of it many times.

Really said it happening in a game that you trying to revitalize.

1 Like

and @YiYi , this topic was an “copy and paste” from the web ticket.
I wake up today thinking that I sent my dxdiag here by mistake. So, if you did this edit removing the link, thanks for the help…

@S3phir0th Hello again :smiley: !

I understand the situation regarding the tickets that you have sent and I do apologize that hey haven’t taken you to a solution, I will keep an eye on the one I made to see if there is something else to be done and I will let you know, if by any chance on the previous tickets, that you have made, you haven’t already added the link to this forum, try doing another one, please, I know it might be tedious, but that usually helps, also include all steps that you have done already.

Hopefully I will get back to you soon with a different answer, in the meantime, let’s keep trying with the tickets, you are awesome and I thank you for your patience!

was this issue resolved? I am having the exact same error and I have met all the requirements for a server xfer.

Hello and welcome to the forums @Xano,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues moving servers. Here are the basic things you need to have complied with in order to be able to do so:

• You must be in a Sanctuary.
  • You cannot be part of a company when transferring.
  • Cannot have active Trading Post transactions.
  • Cannot own any houses.
  • Must be at least level 25.

Please note, if you comply with all of the above and the issue is still ongoing, some servers are presently unavailable for transfers as they are either full or not accepting transfers (locked). You can try moving to a different server with availability or wait on the server to become available with no specific time frame for when this may happen. You can check on the server status here.

As a side note, we have added new servers:

If this is not what is affecting your case, this scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is best not posted on the forums so it would be better if you could please create a web ticket by going to the links provided by @YiYi

Best of lucks and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

@Fenrirskoll
In no place there is a information that I need to abandon my house… Its just 3 requirements, no itens in auction house, no Guild and be in a city or shrine.

So… I did you recomendation, and guest why? Didnt work, and now I lost my house and 5k gold.

So, after this mess, Ive tried to transfer my secondary char (lv15) and did the same requirements… And the second char have transfered normally… So, now I lost my token (need 3 days to buy another) and I dont pretend to play with my lv15 character.

So I think its almost the end… For real, I’m trying to comeback do NW, but I think it will be impossible.

How long were you gone from the game?
Because I am also returning from being away from new world for 9 months.
Perhaps it is a problem with a legacy item we own or some other issue that would be common among folks returning to the game from a long absence.

I was gone for 6-9 months, don’t know exactly. It’s still an issue though.