Can't attach Cut Amber (tier 3) to Hatchet with empty Gem socket (tier 3)

• What is your character name in New World: Zadkey
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Antullia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: It says no gems available on my hatchet of the cleric when I have cut amber in my inventory.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: prevents me from creating/customizing an item.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I will when I figure out how to attach screenshots
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Get a tier 3 hatchet of the cleric with empty socket and try to put cut amber (tier 3) into it.

2 Likes

After more testing it seems like it won’t attach or even show that it can attach for any tier 3 weapon with a socket.

However. It will show as available for tier 3 armor.

After even more testing. It will show as available to attach to some tier 3 weapons, but not all. It will show that it can attach to a spear, but not a life staff.

Ultimately though, it should attach to a tier 3 hatchet of the cleric which is what I am trying to do.

Best guess is the game assumes since my hatchet is “Of the Cleric” its already focus based and therefore the game thinks amber doesn’t apply since amber gives focus-based damage.

The amber gem can’t slot into a weapon that has a chain perk, or a weapon that already scales with the same attribute, focus.

Right but why? Nothing in the description says that it would be impossible.

I see this as a bug unless it’s explained to the players why specifically it works that way.

I spent a lot of time and effort getting the hatchet and the gem. What could I have read in-game that would have told me not to waste my time?

1 Like

Chain has an element, you can only socket same element gem or neutral, or so I thought I found out. Could be wrong though.

It is a clearly a bug. If a player can’t reasonable know why it works a certain way with the in-game text then it is a bug.

How many players have wasted 600 gold to discover an undocumented game-mechanic that breaks what they were trying to do? I am not the only one. I say undocumented game-mechanic, but until I hear from the developers It could just as easily be an unintended/unintentional game-mechanic.

There is nothing in the text that says it shouldn’t / won’t work. Therefore there is no reason it shouldn’t. In fact there is a lot of in-game text that says that it should work. Either inform the players in-game, or it is a bug.

I am not going to pretend to assume what the developers intentions are. Maybe it is supposed to work, maybe it isn’t. Either way, that should be communicated by the in-game information. There shouldn’t be any surprises like this.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. I’m in the same boat with a hatchet of the priest and it wont let me attach the tier 4 amber.

I’ve made some tests and the game let me attach that gem to a weapon which has a chain nature perk and also let me attach it to a weapon with focus attribute. But it doesn’t let me attach it to the hatchet with focus and chain fire perk.

If it’s not documented then it’s a bug. If it is a intended interaction it should have been documented somewhere.

Same for me, and i tested some combination.

So it rly looks like the easiest Answer is,… double Element is not possible.

And you are right, there is no Text or something else. But if we think about it.

The Chain like Fire / Ice is Based on Elemental Damage, cames from what ?

Cause with the Amber gem, we convert our Focus into Nature Elemental Dmg, so what would be the Base of the Chain Effekt ?

When you socket the Amber into a Hatchet with NatureChain, it works correctly, cause the same Element calculated from the same Base.

Its not that Problem for me, paied some Gold, and know better next time.

Missing text is bad, but… HEY… you can say the same with E-Dmg

Why you think you can do multible Elemental Dmg ? There isnt a Tooltip in you Abilities that it couls work, but you tried it ^^

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.