Cant complete "The Ritual"

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Lorcein Du’Arth
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Isabella - US West
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: quest :The Ritual: will not complete
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated) YES
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Cannot continue with Main Story quest line
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: https://youtu.be/-Zwh-GDgkzE
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Attempted quest multiple times
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 11/25/2022 1400ish MST
1 Like

I’m having the exact same bug as in your video. Interested to see how this one gets resolved.

• What is your character name in New World: particlepat
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhala
  • What is your character name in New World: Tumarra
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Death
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: :“ The Ritual” quest problem
  • Is this a bug? YES Can’t do anything further in “Ritual” mission
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I can’t go any further in main quest line
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I was following the quest The Ritual, Complete the Ritual. I was in Amrine temple, got through the seal. Ignited the four posts. Fought the boss. Clicked E to complete the quest. I died. I was brought back, but the quest didnt change. I tried 2 more times, the boss respawned, repeat the fight, repeat the attempt to complete and nothing happened.
  • When did this happen? 11.27.2022 21:40 EST(Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)

Testing to see if this is resolved at east once a week with no results

This should be resolved! Have you tried resetting the quest?

My dad ran into the same issue. He stood still for about 10-15 sec after the animation finished playing. This seemed to fix it and complete the quest.

Each time I’ve tried to complete it was with a quest reset. Finally was able to complete today, but watched another player go through the same thing as I completed it. So not fully resolved if enough people are still experiencing issues

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.