Cant declare war after 5 hours of farming influence

• What is your character name in New World: X Jensen X
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Midian
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: We are in conflict with a settlement but we are not able to declare war because “There is NO ongoing invasion”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: We are not able to declare war
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not yet
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Get influence to 100% go into conflict and try to declare war.

@FinF

Hi, could you tell me what does the tooltip say when you hover over the war declaration button?

1 Like

Hello @XJensenX

If I had to guess, that could be the answer:

Seems like there is an upcoming/ scheduled Invasion. That behaviour has been added in the latest patch

The tooltip @FinF is asking for, should show a similar text.

Have a great day in Aeternum!

2 Likes

Yes, so you should be able to declare war after the invasion on that territory is complete. I posted on the main topic, copying my message here:

FYI - When you declare war on a territory, there needs to be 24 hours before the moment the war is declared and the defending company siege window, else war gets declared on the next day. But if an invasion happens the next day, the war declaration button gets blocked. In that case, the invasion is not yet visible in the User Interface (because it happens the next day). We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix so there is no more confusion.

1 Like

@FinF the image he posted is correct. But you say we can’t declare when the invasion is over, but there is no invasion on this territory. Do you mean I have to wait for the invasion to be over from the other territory held by Marauders which is FL it currently has an invasion, but Windsward does not.

Yes, you won’t be able to declare war until the invasion on that territory (the one you are trying to declare war on) is over which might happen today or tomorrow. Once the invasion is complete, you should be able to declare war if you collected enough influence.

3 Likes

I guess it’s confusing mostly because how do we tell the zone is about to be invaded? Thanks for the answers though.

You can see if invasions are coming by these little red marks, 3 is the maximum amount of portals in your zone and imminent invasion coming. image

it then turns to this

I’m not sure on the time frame this happens in, maybe the devs could give some insight on how long the proces takes from the first red invasion marker to a full invasion.

Yes I understand the confusion and we know of the issue where the UI does not report the invasion clearly in that case. But it will happen and then you should be able to declaring war. Your influence will not be lost, and the influence timer for declaring war will resume.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.