Can't move properly in OPR. Either 99% slow or just get stucked in running animation

• What is your character name in New World: IncredibleHuIk
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Utopia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Got killed in OPR > respawned > got stuck in one position with running animation, had to dodge + auto run to move but can’t change direction when i could run. After OPR, still faces the same issue in town unless i logged out for more than 5 minutes, then get back in and everything went back to normal.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: hardly able to kite or fight in OPR, constantly dodging to move slowly
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes, after logging out for 5 mins and then logging back in
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World Utopia movement bug during and after OPR - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: either get hit/killed by thrown hatchet or get killed in a ice storm/ice shower and if you’re unfortunate, you respawn and you get it
1 Like

Just chiming in here to say that I encountered this exact bug in OPR to the letter.

Character Name: Terren Serinal
Server: Amano Iwato

I’ve hit a similar bug as well in OPR, in two separate games, on two different days. I respawned after dying and was only able to move at a fraction of normal run speed. If I started blocking, then I seemed to move at normal block speed.

In both cases, I died while under the effects of lots of CC and debuffs, and I suspect both times involved a lag spike due to the sheer number of attacks/people/AOE effects around me, but I cannot precisely recall. Fairly certain Ice Gauntlet AOE spells were involved in both, and that both occurred in larger, pitched battles (e.g. around a control point with the majority of both teams concentrated in the area).

In both cases, only a re-log fixed the issue, even after the OPR concluded and I returned to town.

Yep, popped into my first OPR in over a month. I’ve been slowed since my first death, nothing is working. Absolute joke.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.