Can't socket gems into Old Ring, Earring, Amulet

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Bramzy

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Lagado

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: You can’t socket any gem into these new jewelry drops. According to Old Ring bug or misleading? this is intended but that just seems crazy to me. Why would you add jewelry drops to the game with sockets that can’t be used? I got a really nice earring but it’s useless if I can’t put a gem in it. Please consider changing this and allowing us to socket normal gems into them.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes dropped jewelry useless

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    Seen in link above

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Buy/find an Old ring, Earring, or Amulet
    Try to socket a gem into the socket…

27 Likes

Bump, also having this issue. I was kind of expecting the jewelry to turn into a “Flawed Ring of the <>” but instead it just says it’s not compatible.

I’m having this issue as well.

bump

+1

Not only can’t I set a gemstone in this earring with an open socket, I can’t sell it on the TP either (bugged). I am stuck with it. Please fix your coding error and all items affected ASAP. Tons of them on the TP are being sold to unsuspecting buyers.

2 Likes

+1

bump

ooga booga.

Why would jewelry drop from chests with no gem slotted, an empty gem slot, and not be able to?

1 Like

What? That’s just Amazon’s inability to come up with diverse naming. There’s no reason to release a ring with no gem slotted in it, give it a gem slot, and then block it from allowing gems.

1 Like

Yep, just hit the same issue. This is frustrating and 100% a bug. CS in the linked thread has no idea about this game so you can ignore them.

I’m convinced they coded the slot on gems in a way that always prevents you from slotting something in and called it a day. And now they added a open socket gem and this “guard” is triggered.

It seems to me like the dropped jewelry was a rushed thing because of the upcoming GS scaling. The gem slot probably has an attribute on the item that is showing as null or some default and can’t be overwritten.

1 Like

Have the same problem, hopefully they gonna fix this soon.

bump

bump same issue here

Ran into this too. Wasn’t sure if bug or intended.

Same problem, Old Earring dropped with an open gem slot, unable to add a gem to it. Seems like a coding problem/bug to me.

earring

2 Likes

Same problem

Same issue…x2, Old RIng and Old Earring

Bump - still an issue on 12/27

Same issue as OP. Please fix.