Cape clipping hurting immersion

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Sir Seth
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: All capes/cloaks on skins clip through the player characters body/weapon/shield. This is especially apparent with longer capes such as the Jadeite Dragon armor and Winged Knight armor. The skins in this game are expensive and it’s unfortunate to buy them and then have them be disappointingly immersion breaking due to the awful clipping. Either fix the physics on capes or offer a toggle switch to turn them off for your character (like toggling helmet off).
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: yes [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: The clipping ruins immersion with Skins that cost real money.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: on my phone currently and can’t provide a screenshot but you can easily see the issue by equipping these skins and walking around / using weapons or having stowed on your back. It’s like they don’t test the armor skins with weapons equipped…
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: equip any skin with a cape and walk around.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) every day.

TLDR: I think we can all agree that the skins in new world which have capes/cloaks are incredibly immersion breaking due to the clipping. The capes wobble around and clip into your shield & weapon when they’re on your back. They also bundle up oddly and clip into your character in many cases when your weapon is drawn. Please fix the clipping or offer a simple option to hide your cloak/cape as is offered in many MMOs dating back to early 2000s.

I just cashed into “The Winged Knight’s Breastplate” available through the “Damage Dealer Bundle” coming in at a 75,000 marks price tag…nothing short of 45€.

The animations and the behaviour of the cloak’s model is absolutely aweful and a pain to look at. The players see this abomination of a clipping error 100% of the time. Please push the importance accordingly. An option to hide the cloak could be a fix, but a very bad one indeed.

I really love the idea to add capes and I normally love the optics of a large cape, but this implementation (espacially for a paid item) is simply unacceptable…

Hey, everyone! I’ve reported this over to the development team.

1 Like

Thanks for this screenshot as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.