Character Name in Fresh Start Servers

Can I use the name I have on my legacy server character on FSS? Obviously deleting it and creating a new one with the same name.

If you delete the old character there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to reuse the name. What im more interested in is if you are able to use the same name on FS and legacy, without deleting the legacy character, since the 2 server types will have no interaction what so ever (they have stated that they will never merge FS and legacy servers)

FSS are of course like every other server, only the transfer to them will be locked.

Thats wrong, they said they wont merge or enable transfer to them for 6 month

No you cannot. Fresh servers are nothing special. They are the same as legacy servers. They just disabled the ability to transfer there.

And as for my understanding, the names are global, on a first come first served basis. So for example if you take the name of Username1234, nobody will be able to take it anymore, on any region. Hence, naming is global, not server or region tied.

1 Like

I know how the name reservation works, and i will delete my old character in a heartbeat if thats what it takes. Still an official answer would be nice.

Also @Deramond
Directly from the Steam Q&A on FS servers
Q: IF THE FRESH START WORLD POPULATION DROPS, DOES THAT MEAN IT’LL BE MERGED ON A LEGACY SERVER OR WILL IT BE MERGED WITH ANOTHER FRESH SERVER?
A: We will never merge any Fresh Start Worlds into legacy worlds.
There, they will NEVER merge FS and legacy (sure the wording leaves open the possibility to merge legacy into FS but thats just nitpicking in my opinion)

Okay maybe i got that wrong with the merge, but they may open transfer to FSS after 6 Month.

Again, no
Same Q&A
Q: HOW LONG WILL THE SERVERS BE LOCKED FROM TRANSFERS FROM EXISTING SERVERS? WILL PLAYERS IN THESE FRESH START WORLDS BE ABLE TO TRANSFER OUT OF THEM?

A: There will be no transfers of existing characters into Fresh Start Worlds. We plan to allow transfers from a Fresh Start World to a legacy world at a later time.

You will be able to transfer FS>FS and FS>legacy at a later date, but never the other way around. That would defeat the whole point of a FS server.

Maybe that is the information in the current FAQ.
The Topic of FSS was duscusses many times before.

Of course, opening Transfer to them from legacy will defeat the whole point of FSS but i wont bet on it.

@Aenwyn any information on this and how long the wait is before the name is available after deleting a character on legacy server with the name we are trying to use on Fresh Start?

You should be able to use the name on a Fresh Start world after deleting the character from a Legacy world.

4 Likes

Right away? Or is there a hold on it for a certain amount of time?

If it works like legacy servers, right away.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.