Character Persist Failure message

Hello,
I was doing main quest and went through the new portals, my character got stuck under the portal , after that I got the Lag Detected message, my character died and got thrown to the login screen with this message:
xxxxxxxxxxcxcxc

So far I’ve tried the following:

1. Restarted steam, and verified integrity of game files
  2. Successfully logged on another character, but when I’ve tried to log back on my main i got the same message.

Character name: Aek
Server: Dry Tree
Region: EU

Please help.

If anyone gets this issue, I have managed to fix it.
Apparently it has something to do with getting stuck in a death loop. When you try to login to your character, while on the loading screen, the game plays the death sound, after that it throws you back to the main menu with the “Error Code: Character_Persist_Failure”.

How i fixed it:
While being on the character loading screen, right after the death sound plays, just click where the respawn button is supposed to be. If you manage to do that successfully, your character will respawn even though the loading screen is still going to be there. To check if your character respawned successfully, just spam some audio queues from auto-attacks / abilities, if the audio works, then you are good to go.
After that all you have to do is restart the game, and the error will go away.
Hopefully this will help other people with same issue.

Also as a clarification, the error occurred after going through a portal, getting lag detected screen and died. Some people reported same error message occurred after transferring servers, that is not my case.

Hi @icanbecreative

Welcome to the New World Forum!

Hope you are doing well!

I’m glad that you was able to fix the problem you got by your end.

We really appreciate that you shared here in the forum the fix that works for you for this error and can help other player with the same issue.

Hope you have a nice day and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.