"Character slots in this region are full..." Can't transfer from US East to US West

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: BABOONBANANA99
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena/Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot transfer US East character to US West. Showing an error: “Character slots in this region are full . . .”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot transfer servers (been happening for months)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

character slots full 2 screenshot
    no characters created screenshot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No idea. I’ve already tried deleting my US East PTR characters but that would only fix my problem if I was trying to transfer to US East. The only other idea I have is the PTR characters I made on US West test servers MONTHS ago before they made PTR only US East could be hoarding the spots.
  • When did this happen? This has been happening for a few months, however, I did not feel like transferring until a few days ago. I’ve already tried contacting AGS through their Live chat and Ticket system but nothing was answered or fixed.

Bump

Sorry to see you’re having this problem, BB99.

I’ve moved this over to the support section so our support team can look into this for you.

Hello @BB99,

Thanks for sharing this with us, I’m sorry about the transfer issue you’re facing, in order to be able to help you with this issue I can recommend you to reach us via player support using the following link: Contact Us | Amazon Games to create a support ticket and review your case in more depth.

Please make sure to add the DxDiag and Gamelogs through a sharing link from a Cloud Storage like Google Drive to the support report, you can pull it following this steps:

DxDiag report:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

GameLogs:

• Game logs can be found on: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\CrashDB\reports\

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!

I would delete the West ptr characters as well because from what I recall there are no more US West ptr servers only US East

Tried that solution the other day, I don’t have any West PTR characters. :frowning:

Did you get a resolution to this? Some people in my company are experiencing the same error when trying to transfer a character back from EU Central to NA East.

Unfortunately, no. It’s been a week and a half since I last sent a support ticket to AGS. No response yet :smiley: I’d have your friend check the PTR and delete their US East PTR characters. If he already tried that then have him send a support ticket as well so we can get this figured out. I’ve talked with some of my friends about this problem and it seems AGS is in the dark and/or waiting to respond for some reason.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.