Companies declaring on 10% when the other company did 90%

Basically what the hell were you thinking when you designed it this way, people can snipe 4 hours of 25 peoples work by doing the bare minimum. You are going to lose a bunch of people for this because doing this for hours is boring as $^&% Fix it.

(This is a post from further down that I made, I am posting it here because it is clear people do not read the whole forum before posting their assumption of what I want for a fix)
What I am suggesting is a complete rework how this stuff works.
One example is being able to delcare war prior to even farming and being given X amount of time (say 30 minutes) to increase influence at least 1% before it opens up again at which point that company is locked out for an hour on declaring and gets their money back (or maybe just most of it), No matter how small or large your guild you have that opportunity to declare with this method, it also gives people an opportunity to help but not steal your effort.
That is just 1 option I am sure there are plenty more.

4 Likes

4 hours of work waisted for someone to come in and grab the declaration after sitting and watching us work is ridiculous. Very disappointed by this mechanic.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, they only have a 10% chance, which seems perfectly fair to me.

You are an idiot if you think its fair for a company to do all the work so that another company can get the credit.

2 Likes

You did 90% of the work and you had a 90% chance of getting the war declaration. It’s perfectly fair.

3 Likes

Except it isn’t.

Seen it multiple times on our server where the 10% vs 90% always favors the 10%… To the point where companies won’t discuss pushing because of war sniping.

I believe there’s a hidden algorithm favoring lower percentage guilds in the declaration pool because otherwise large guilds would always get the chance over small ones.

I’m not sure of the way to correct it, and have no suggestion because both sides aren’t wrong. That being said with the amount of times I’ve personally seen wars sniped, I don’t believe it’s a fair chance at all.

1 Like

It happends to my company too. Just once, lucky we are, but still.

It is riddiculous. AGS You should change it!

@Lane

Apart from the bad english and childish attitude you should realize that this way is fair while your way would be unfair because it would turn the game into a zergfest and crush any hope of keeping a balance between quality and quantity in regards to company power.

What the OP is upset about is that each company who puts in at least 10% in, has an equal probable chance of getting to be vanguard. So when a guild does 80 or 90 percent of the work they have an equal chance as the companies that did 10%. The best chance you have is to do 90% and have a 50/50 shot at being vanguard.

I’m not sure how I feel about this either way.

One company does 90% of the work and only gets a 50/50 shot at being vanguard kinda sucks for them if they lose that opportunity.

But being in a smaller company that can only push 10% of the bar while the mega large guild is running up 90% and not getting a reasonable chance to be vanguard can be an unfun thing too.

We had this happen to us a few weeks ago. We pushed 85-90% of the influence against retaking WW which had been taken from us during the hatcket and IG exploit period. A random guild got 10% and declared and won. They lost the war and we eventually got WW back the following war but, it did suck doing all that work and then losing the opportunity to win it back quicker.

What I am saying is I don’t want to waste 4 hours of time doing terribly boring content for a reward that is stolen from us by a bunch of people who put 10 minutes into it.

What I am suggesting is a complete rework how this stuff works.
One example is being able to delcare war prior to even farming and being given X amount of time (say 30 minutes) to increase influence at least 1% before it opens up again at which point that company is locked out for an hour on declaring and gets their money back (or maybe just most of it), No matter how small or large your guild you have that opportunity to declare with this method, it also gives people an opportunity to help but not steal your effort.
That is just 1 option I am sure there are plenty more.

i am not trying to screw over small companies, I am trying to remove the toxicity that players are given the power to cause within this game due to the devs terrible design on how mechanics work.

1 Like

I never suggested a solution until the post above this one, so how can you say my way is unfair? Also right now company power is given to those that are willing to exploit to keep or gain territory how is that fair to people who are not name changing to keep land please explain.

Your reward is the chance to be the vanguard, not the guarantee to be the vanguard.

Just like farming a boss is a chance you will get your drop but no guarantee. Some people farm 1 kill some farm 1000s for the same drop.

You have to do at least 10% to be eligible to declare war. Your guaranteed at least a 10% chance. If you want your best odds you need to push as much influence as possible to ensure as few other companies may declare as possible. This is like wearing luck gear to increase the odds of a drop.

If you can do 91% then you are guaranteed to be vanguard. If you can do 81% your guaranteed 50% chance. If you can do 71% your guaranteed 33.33% chance. Etc Etc

For all intents and purposes that smaller guild could of potentially done 100% themselves given enough time. It’s just as much unfair to them that you can field a larger group and zerg the influence. Hence why AGS uses chance to determine who gets vanguard.

Your reward is a chance (aka nothing) for 4 hours of work, no one works for nothing not in real life not in a game not anywhere.
I don’t think you understand what a vanguard is either.
The only reason to defend this is because you are one of the toxic players abusing it, no one else who has done that grind for nothing would argue its a good mechanic.

You should also read my suggestion like 3-4 posts up it would not screw over small guilds at all, in fact it would help them and everyone else while also removing any RNG.

1 Like

I already addressed this issue. The entire concept of doing pve (pvp-missions) for bar progression is silly. IT needs to be a direct war dec between guilds/companies like in eve. One declares on the other, the next day 24 hours later they fight.

After the outcome of that battle, they can “invade” a zone evey X amount of hours (12-24?). This cycle can happen until one surrenders, and pays a surrender fee (tribute) of 2500-5000gold. This can only happen after an invasion has taken place that has been lost.

After that, war cannot take place between the parties for 7 days.

I don’t mind most of that idea but there is 1 part that is exploitable.

Name change the company or disband and make a new company and you are now able to declare again. Companies are just name changing to remove built up influence so the proof of concept that this is exploitable is already in game.

There are solutions like this, like having to be around for a week to declare war. IT would hardstop that entire process.

As for the name changing etc, it should have a cooldown of a month or something.

Yes, this sounds like BS. Declaring war shouldn’t be up to chance. Just think about kingdoms of old rolling dice to see which one would declare on another country lol

How to fix? I suggest voting. Each company can apply prior to war to be in the pool based on participation to place the territory into war, somewhat what it is like now instead each company will vote for which company WILL declare. Get the faction to talk amongst themselves create some semblance of cooperation.
A company cannot vote for themselves.
If no votes are cast, we go back to chance.
If a tie, we go back to chance between the tied companies.

1 Like

Yeah this is a tricky one to fix / balance. We have like 3 main companies in cov on our server. Us, our close allies and a third company who is not as big. Our company and our allied company do a lot of content together like PvP pushes wars etc. and when it come to declaring we let the roll happen and whoever gets it gets it or we decide before hand who rolls. BUT the third company always contributes 5-10 members and barely push the 10% and they go for it without even asking permission (we have a discord for all faction members and company members communicate as much as possible). They managed to snipe one so we told them they were on their own for the war as punishment. They couldn’t even fill the roster and got rolled.

It is a hard fix. @Nourri has a good idea but it is exploitable in the current state of the game.

I also really think that there needs to be a hard cooldown between wars in territories because rn with big zergs if a company fails they can just go again and it can get quite annoying.

Because if you protest against the percentage chance based selection you’re intrinsically suggesting a system that favours the biggest contributor. Not a big leap in in imagination.

Now that I read your other suggestions they don’t make much sense to me.
The system is not STEALING efforts it’s compounding them, if it asked MORE money upfront and than refunded it on a missed selection the average costs would be unchanged.
Also this wouldn’t even actually fix the very same issue you have been complaining about, because your company would have to invest more without having more chances of winning the bid.

I honestly don’t see a problem with that, it’s the way the system is intended to work and while it has its downsides I haven’t seen any suggestion that is even remotely better around.

I was under the assumption that when a territory is able to declare war on, all companies within that faction have an equal chance at getting a war as long as they put up the coin for it because the game randomizes the drawling for war.