Company bank account more than doubled in money after update

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Ninja-Panda
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Our company bank account more than doubled after the update. We went from 380k to 770k give or take. We dont own a city so we dont get income that way. We have owned a city in the past on a different server before we merged into dry tree.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Could be both? for us a bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: money we shouldnt have
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: n/a
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Screenshot - 3e517d97dc1a9bbd7050247a4faaf6cf - Gyazo ingame money.
    Last balance: Screenshot - aa7f41bcacfa5c37db000ffd2c7f5975 - Gyazo according to own accounting.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: n/a
1 Like

Were you potentially missing any money from housing taxes previously?

1 Like

This is some exceptional stand-up honesty at work right here, @Ninja-Panda. +1 to you and your company!

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: StonedSnoopBr
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The company bank account more than doubled after the update. We dont own a city so we dont get income as no one ins depositing money.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Could be both? bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: extra money, no effort (I can imagine the big guilds cash now)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: n/a
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: n/a

Hi! We did own two cities in our old server pre merge and i made a post before stating we missed some income from the housing bug. this would have at most been 20k.

so not the close to 400k we got :confused:

Thanks! I play this game for fun and one of the aspects of this game i enjoy the most is managing a company.

I do this honestly and truthfully dont wanna “win” through exploiting.

3 Likes

Okay thanks for the honest report and for letting me know! I’ve sent it over to the team to look over the calculations and values they used for this.

2 Likes

toast bill murray

Hey there! I just got information from the team about it and while I posted it in Official News (linked here: [Downtime] February 13th, 2022 / February 14th, 2022 - #3 by Luxendra), I’ll post the information I received below:

For any company that lost money from housing taxes from February 3rd to February 13th, the team has released a make-good during the February Monthly Release to return coin to those companies. You will find it in the company wallet.

As appreciation for your patience while we delivered this make-good, you should receive amounts that are a bit higher than what you had lost due to this bug.

6 Likes

Thanks for the follow up! 400k instead of 20k seems a little much on the make good but good to know its not a bug!

2 Likes

So, mega companies are too rich, prices as a result on the TP are too high. You are not helping the economy by propping these companies up!

They are giving you all more gold in hopes you will stay and play the game,

Hi Luxendra!

Can you please help me answer this question I cannot find help;

We were hit by this bug but we transfered servers before the make good- we now have a new company treasury.

Playername; javathedon

I owned the territory of Brightwood during that time

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.