Company trading territories by blocking all potentail defenders

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Igortheugly
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:asgard
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:Slick dady club & aliases swapping territories by not allowing unallied defenders to fight for the territory therefore preventing any defences
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot play any seige content as companies are cheating and deliberately preventing gameplay
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: The companies are plainly cheating so they can keep their territories while they change faction and preventing 50+ players per seige from taking part in actual content
1 Like

well now this is a problem i cant possibly see a solution for this unless the devs change how the defenders are picked but still rigged anyway.

yeah it was disgraceful - I have no issue with them changing company faction but to deliberately stop people defending is cheating pure and simple

I bet the devs/AGS will not care though

Most of the time companies change faction to increase the balance on that server. The reason they do it this way is because Amazon devs currently cannot prioritize a company-wide faction swap. Why do they not prioritize it? Because this workaround exists.

Not allowing them to do this would mean you would have even more unbalanced servers since they would be punished for trying to balance it.

Think of it this way.

Company A and B are both in Covenant. Covenant owns every single territory on the map, split between the two companies. A and B want to fight eachother, so A sends a few people to Marauders. These new Marauders declare war on company A’s territories, after which all of A swaps to Marauders. Now, the server has 50% Marauders 50% covenant and there can be fun wars to be had. There now exists competition, where previously there wasn’t any.

Complaining about them trading their own territory to their own company makes no sense whatsoever.

other faction players have a stake in the control of the territories they have bought houses/trade/craft in - the fact they were denied any chance of defending is the part I have an issue with. The company who swapped faction would have won the territory anyway, it is the enforced removal of defenders with a stake in a territory which is wrong.

1 Like

Those people can try to now take it for themselves and get all associated income.

Good to see you have completely missed the point

We are having similar issues. Changing faction is fine but throwing matches to give the other faction territory is not. Then those that threw change factions and amazingly they are in the company that just won the territory and in this case multiple territories.

And I know some people will be like well now they can just fight for that territory and get it back. Well the same can be said for the original action. They could have changed faction and legitimately fought to claim the area. Instead several people weaseled their way into pvp fights and purposely made them lose it.

I dont think anything can be done about it but it is pretty horrible behavior.

Two Companies from different Factions can just flip the same Settlement through this type of win trading exploit. No tedious Wars to actually fight, just show up and collect War rewards. Easy money every two days.

It’s obvious that Settlements are subject to far too much exploitation and potential server griefing. It’s a totally failed system and all player influence over Settlements should be removed. @Zin_Ramu @Luxendra

Better PvP by completely separating player influence over Settlements - Game Feedback / Game Feedback - New World Forums

It isnt the “faction” that won the territory anyway. It is the company.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.