Computer Freezing While Playing New World

So I recently bought a new PC. 4090 gpu, i9 13900k processsor. Everything seems to run fine until I seem to get random pc freezes while playing New World. I’m usually playing New World on one monitor and watching youtube or twitch on another. I don’t get blue screens, and the game doesn’t crash, my whole pc just freezes. I’m not usually doing anything too taxing at the time. I haven’t had it freeze while in the middle of a fight during a chest run with tons of people around, but after teleporting and running to a new location, it froze on me.

There was one time where it froze on me at the same location in the middle of nowhere twice, but I’ve gone there a few more times and it didn’t freeze. I’ve been emailing skytech gaming where I got my pc from to try to fix the issue, but so far nothing has worked. My drivers are up to date, I’ve moved from windows 11 to windows 10 and had to reinstall the game and it has frozen on both.

Hello @Cojiroshi,

Welcome to the forums. :bouquet:

Since you already have tried the possible troubleshooting and it did not help, so I request you to please contact us via our live support channel so we can investigate your issue:

Be sure to have your game logs ready just in case they ask for them.

If asked kindly provide the latest 3 logs from: Users\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

Along with DxDiag report https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

I hope this helps.

See you very soon in Aeternum :mage:t2: :magic_wand:

1 Like

I’ve verified integrity of game files. I’ve run stress tests on my pc and didn’t have any issues. I don’t get blue screens or just game crashes, but the whole pc freezes. Everything will seem to be fine and then just freezes. I do play with the settings maxed out on a AW3423DW monitor, and have a 2nd I use at the same time to watch videos or whatever.

4 freezes today now im tired of ags patch days

freezing makes playing this game useless …usually happens in cities for me / there is is no error report lol just sucks tried everything

me too, since the last patch i i get several crash outs a day, just had my 5th today mostly during fast travel load screens but also in play…