Confirmed: Housing points only work on FIRST house

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: hawkai

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: olympus

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Housing points are only calculated on the FIRST house in your list. The other two houses only get points for furniture, no territory standing is applied.

• Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated) Most certainly a bug, and seems to be a well known one

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I had to spend 20,000 gold to abandon and then re-purchase both my other houses just so that my Brimstone Stands house would be considered my “first” house and have its housing points calculated appropriately. It also makes it completely irrelevant and not worth decorating or putting any effort into any other houses nor territory standing because only the first house will ever get any real points.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: My Brimstone Sands house will now be displayed but i’m out 20,000 gold plus all the decorating I did in my other houses is for naught

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: first picture shows standing is not being applied. Second image shows result after I abandoned both my other houses, and then repurchased them. Again, this cost basically 20,000 gold just to fix this stupid bug

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Buy three houses. Grind territory rep in all three territories with houses, and see that only the first house gets any standing applied. Sell two houses (the “first” one included), re-purchase them, and now the house you DID NOT sell and re-buy is considered your ‘first’ house and will calculate points appropriately, but the other two are basically dead

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) happening to everyone everywhere all the time forever

4 Likes

I submitted this bug back in July and was adamant that I was getting territory standing points in the territory where my house was located. The end result was them telling me I’m doing something wrong and then after that sending me a message to say they were closing the ticket and there may be a patch to address this in the future.

Customer Service / Dev Team:

“We’ve checked it with the team and got some more info on it. So, just to explain the rating a little further: Not placing furniture properly can actually mess with how much housing points you can get from them (like trying to fit too many stuff in one corner would actually result in negatives). Also, you have to wait till the house points get refreshed and updates as it’s not instantaneous Also some more info from forums: Housing points are a mix between the furnishing points and the territory points you gained THAT WEEK. This score is calculated once per week. So week one, you have a house that you put 500 points of furniture in, then did 9500 points worth of territory standing, your score for that week will be 10,000 on week two, you don’t touch your furnishings, so you still have that 500 points, but are now questing in a different zone so you get no territory points in that zone this week either, your score for week 2 will be 500. regarding the territory standing I mentioned - did they actually earn any in the right territory? Since it will require a lot of checking please allow us 24 hours to check this further. Thank you”

And then after that they basically told me to suck it, lol. Best of luck to you.

3 Likes

I got the same response if it makes you feel any better :confused: I bought 3 tier 4 houses, and spent a small fortune decorating them, only to have them explain how the scoring system SHOULD work. The problem is…it doesn’t work. lol. I’m at level 50 territory rep in Brimstone, my house score has never once budged above the score I get for furniture alone. My everfall house says nobody lives there (I know several others who do) and the timer is stuck at 00:00 for a week now. My Reekwater house is weird. It says nobody lives there like every second week. On the other weeks, I win. With a score of over 2 million, even if I haven’t been to Reekwater in a week to have gotten any territory rep. :confused: all broken, and broken 3 different ways lmao.

5 Likes

i have been posting about this for a while now. with either no real answer or reply. i really wish they would fix housing. especially if they keep selling furniture that i must have! :slight_smile:

We are actively working on adjustments to the Housing point system to get it fixed up. Thank you for reporting!

4 Likes

is there any MTTR available.

Ugh. It’s been months and it still hasn’t been updated. It’s very frustrating as I’m waiting patiently for it to be corrected.

1 Like

when?

i love housing in this game. i decided to verify your bug and i WAS able to “reset” my first house. 2 of my friends and i all have 3 houses. we each sold 2 of them and re bought them. for each of us the house that we did not sell now is the only house that updates our housing score. we also found it is calculating our score from territory standing all over the map. for instance my new “first house” is in Brimstone. i can run Brightwood faction quest(have another house in Brightwood) and it will count towards my Brimstone housing score.

That’s great news! It has been broken since the Medlefair patch.

Yup. I’ve had to do the same thing multiple times and wasted IG money doing it.