Consequences of the "EconomyTracker" alarms? 🚨

Reason I am concerned:

The next patch replaces Tuning Orbs with caches.
Some players ( like myself ) have a lot of tuning orbs that will be replaced.
I will likely be opening these back to back.
So, a lot of coins will be “Generated” by me in a short time.
Should I be concerned about tripping a false positive on a report?
Are the thresholds potentially achievable by me?
Is the person who receives these alarms knowledgeable about NW and false reports?

If I had 50 Mutated Orbs, each one would yield 80% of faction coin ( So 400 coins per orb ).
So, opening all 50 Orbs would give me 20,000 coins in just a few minutes.

That’s 20,000 coins generated into the game in the matter of minutes.

• Do you know another legit method to add 20k coins into the game in a few minutes?
    Note: GENERATE coins ( not traded between players )

In the json I see a section called “EconomyTracker”

And it caught my eye because it had entries like this:

{
        "EconomyTrackerID": "CoinGenerated",
        "AlarmType": "PerHour",
        "ThresholdConfig1": "CENSORED by WALRUSS",
        "MetricName1": "GeneratedCoinSuspicious",
        "EnableMetric1": true,
        "ThresholdConfig2": "CENSORED by WALRUSS",
        "MetricName2": "GeneratedCoinCatastrophic",
        "EnableMetric2": true
    },

{
        "EconomyTrackerID": "GoldPerHourCounter",
        "ThresholdConfig1": "",
        "MetricName1": "GoldPerHourCounterSuspicious",
        "ThresholdConfig2": "",
        "MetricName2": "",
        "EnableMetric2": null
    },

My assumptions:

• Every hour (Either server or player’s playtime) two checks are done to see if you exceed a certain amount of coins generated.
  • The first check sees if you have generated a “Suspicious” amount of coins and the second checks to see if you have generated a “Catastrophic” amount of coins.
  • If either of these flags are set then an alarm goes off which is placed on some form of report
    – These alarms are sent either by Email to a group or placed on a report compiled every day

My questions is: Does any system automatically perform an action based on this?

Or is this just an alarm/report sent to trained AGS staff member(s) to review manually before performing an action?

8 Likes

Thanks for asking this cause I have about 100 orbs to open on patch day now. I have been grinding the faction shop every day for every orb.

1 Like

I was playing with making multiple accounts on PTR to document mutation cache results and the thought popped up in my mind.

I remember during launch there were people claiming to have company members banned who were the “Company Crafters” who received large amounts of coin/resources to provide armor to the company and then were banned for “Making too much void armor”. I have no way to know if these were legitimate bans or not, there was a lot of chaos in the early days. But it does make me a little hesitant going forward when AGS does sudden one-off things of significance.

Looking at the same .json file I see:

"EconomyTrackerID": "CoinTransferred",

"EconomyTrackerID": "ItemsRefined",

"EconomyTrackerID": "ItemsCrafted",

so… I know it does get automatically tracked in some form…

1 Like

@Aenwyn @Shadow_Fox and anyone else. I know you may not be able to confirm nor deny, but is this something we should worry about?

2 Likes

I dont want to end up in Amazon Customer support so I may split the chests opened on an hourly basis

2 Likes

Well, from my experiences in the past with One-Off chests ( Tempestuous Cache for example ) there are sometimes unforeseen consequences with these containers when first delivered.

I will probably actually hold off a few days before opening to check forums/discord/reddit to see what others are saying about opening them first…

2 Likes

That’s probably smart. Let others bug hunt.

2 Likes

U actually think you would get banned for opening caches? :joy::joy: bro items on the trading post can sell for hundreds of thousands and no one has gotten banned

@Properso - Trading Post sales are very likely using a different metric.

The “CoinGenerated” metric is what I’m afraid of.
For example, you “Generate” coins from quests, caches, hidden stashes, etc.

• These methods don’t yield a huge amount of coins in an hour generally.
  • These are coins that are “Added” to the game and not moved from person to person

Trading post sales would likely be using a different metric like “CoinTransferred”

• This probably has a higher threshold because people buy gold cap items
    {
        "EconomyTrackerID": "CoinTransferred",
        "ThresholdConfig1": "CENSORED by WALRUSS",
        "MetricName1": "CoinTransferredSuspicious",
        "MetricName2": "",
        "EnableMetric2": null
    },
3 Likes

I would open like 10 or even 5 a day if you are concerned. Better to be safe than sorry

1 Like

This same thing is probably on the ptr and yet theres people opening 100 caches for yt vids… and nothing happens

PTR and Live use different thresholds and likely the PTR has alarms turned off.

On the PTR we can open up resource bundles and have the ability to farm crafts for testing purposes.

So alarms like:

• Are likely turned off for PTR because we can make level 60 characters right off the bat.
    {
        "EconomyTrackerID": "XPGenerated",
        "ThresholdConfig1": "",
        "MetricName1": "GeneratedXPSuspicious",
        "MetricName2": "GeneratedXPCatastrophic",
        "EnableMetric2": true
    },

On the PTR they changed the coin nerf from 50% to 80%, so we get 80% of 500 coins on mutated orbs ( 400 coins ) per orb. If I have 100 orbs, I can generate 40k coins in an hour. There are no other legit methods in the game that I know of that you can generate 40k coins in an hour ( Note: GENERATE not Trade from TP/Players ). So my fear is that AGS has put a low bar on the hourly Coin Generated threshold to something like 10-20k where it would be very improbable that a player can add this many coins into the game in this time frame.

1 Like

Yeah, they literally just had a fiasco where they banned a streamer completely unwarranted.

It’s 100% plausible that they’d ban if they have some sort of currency check(s).

2 Likes

#FreePepeIsFree

2 Likes

Why are u comparing a guy getting banned for spamming even after getting temp banned for it before to potentially getting banned for generating too much money at once?

I feel like caches would be an exception to the rule, but it’s a good question to ask none the less. Surely someone will figure out an orb exploit, we want them caught, but not someone who saved up legit.

1 Like

I am confused and I think you are confused too.

You are getting back LESS gold than you bought it for.

2 Likes

More than just opening the caches, with the increase in gold to salvaging and quite a few players saving up items to salvage, the gold from the Orb Caches isn’t going to be the only source. I could have a couple thousand items to salvage patch day, at 3.00g each, that’s another 6k gold on top of the 100+ caches I will be opening.

Might not be a big deal, and hopefully the devs have accounted for this with the tracking script, but just in case I would hate to see an unintended consequence of players who have done nothing wrong get flagged for duping because of it.

:beers:

2 Likes

Because they clearly jumped the gun on the ban as they reversed it and the thread is about flags for currency generation in regards to what action is taken based on said flags; the question then is ‘what assurance do we have that they will use this information to responsibly weed out botting, versus simply generating false flags as they seem very apt to act on those?’

You know, if you can’t figure this out yourself given the entire thread about it, is me explaining it actually going to mean anything or make a difference?

Or maybe more to the point, if you’ve lost the nuance of the conversation, is there any point in you taking part or are you not just white noise flooding the background? :V

1 Like

Mutated orbs sell for 5k+ though if you can unlock m10s, seems strange to save

1 Like