Consistent DC after 30-40m of game play

Having issues with NW dropping my wifi

gaming on wifi, i know. best solution i have, i tried everything.

I can play for about 30-45m before i get dropped.

verified stream files - check
no windows update issues - check
no driver issues - check
no firewall issues - check
not streaming when it happens
not on VPN

does not happen when playing hours of COD, CSGO, Battlefield, Pubg, wow, diablo, etc. Only happens in NW. additionally, I have my work PC next to me on the same wifi, no issues.

Tried 3 different wifi adapters with varying capabilities from wireless N to AC, to the most current adapter used is brand new purchased 2 months ago. Restarted router, flushed DNS, release/renew, winsoc, all the basic network troubleshooting steps.

Manually disconnected all other devices from network. still having same issues.

after the wifi drop, i have to fully restart PC to reconnect to any network. will not connect via hotspot, or anything.

I only have about 20 more minutes before the refund window expires. any ideas?

extra info:
i7-9000 series
32g ram
2080ti

xfinity 1.2gbps service. speed tests are ~1gbps wired, 700-850 mbps wireless

• What is your character name in New World: Thicci Minaj
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US West Nidivllar something
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: consistent wifi drops after 30-40m
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant play
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: for like 30 mins at a time
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: read above comments

How are you getting past the queue times to know this is consistent?

Wouldn’t that mean - your WiFi drops… get kicked… join again, WiFi drops, get kicked etc?

no queue on my realm. i was maybe 1 or 2 in line

Fair enough… seems you got a good server :blush:

apparently? doesnt that inherently mean its unpopulated? maybe i got a poop server bc its empty

lol

Really hope you get a response from NW on this, i’m experiencing the same issues, as soon as the NW Client is open, my internet speed drops to nothing and I can’t do anything except stare at the queue timer

I got a response. Was on tech support chat for 45m with them. Here’s what fixed it for me.

Launch game. Go to settings → preferences.

Change bandwith to HIGH.
Turn off “analytics”

Apparently the live analytics are causing packet loss for some ppl and its causing enough lag/connectivity issues to completely hose your connection.

I also turned my graphics to medium. Was able to play for 2 hrs. Zero issues. I have since ramped the graphics back to high. Seems to be the in game bandwidth defaults to medium and that dang analytics tool is what caused it.

Good luck. Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.