Cooldown on Materials, Tuning Orbs and the workaround; alt accounts

Hello everyone,

As I’m sure many of you already know the game’s end-game content heavily relies on cooldowns both in terms of materials and expedition keys. Basically, the game allows players to “craft” certain amount of end-game materials (let’s say 10 runic leathers) and expedition keys (let’s say 1 Lazarus tuning orb) but it does not limit us in terms of how many we can use in a certain amount of time; we can enter 10 lazarus expeditions or 100 in a day if we so chose and those keys can be crafted by having alt accounts as a workaround for the cooldowns. Simply put, creating several steam accounts and buying New World on those accounts essentially removes the “cooldown” from the materials and expedition keys completely. And people have been “utilizing” this so called feature extensively for a long time now.

In the light of above information I’d like to ask the interested and responsible parties several questions. My questions are as follows.

• Why do we even have cooldowns on tuning orbs and materials if we are allowed to have alt accounts?

• Why are we allowed to have only 1 character in a server group if we are allowed to have more than 1 character simply by having several steam accounts?

• If we are not allowed to have alt accounts, do you realize by not having character based expedition entry or loot drop limits and by removing the bop status of corrupted lodestones you are promoting having several accounts which allows people to leave their alt characters at or around certain resource spawn points to mine/harvest them without the need to even move and consequently makes it harder for you, and even us, to figure out which one is a bot or which one is a “legitimate” player with an alt?

• If we are allowed to have alt accounts are there any plans to let us have more than 1 character in a server group if we are willing to pay a certain amount of money (let’s say the same amount of money for a separate game copy)? If there are plans related to this when can we expect such features?

• If we are allowed to have alt accounts and there are plans to let us have more than 1 character in a server group after paying the required price, do you intend to sell extra character slots? If there are plans related to this when can we expect such features?

• If we are allowed to have alt accounts as a workaround for the cooldowns, do you have plans to sell cooldown resets or increased cooldown limits per day/week/month for a certain price so that people who prefer to have a single game account can have a relatively fairer playing ground?

• If we are allowed to have alt accounts do you intend to keep the current cooldown and loot system in place?

• If we are not allowed to have alt accounts what kind of repercussions we should expect against people who have alt accounts; should we expect any potential reprimand to impact the main account or to be limited to the alt account itself? Full disclosure, I’m thinking about buying several alt accounts myself to stay competitive as much as I can and I’d like to know what kind of penalty I would suffer if this is not allowed.

I know there are many questions here but I had to ask them. The current system feels worse than a mobile game system where you can buy “energy” to your account to do stuff. At least, in a mobile game, players have a chance to use their own accounts rather than being forced to switch accounts and send themselves the materials and such.

Now, to get answers to these questions I need your help. If it is not too much trouble please leave a reply. And regardless of which side you lean to please keep it civil.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.